Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Green Dragon Tincture

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Ihaveabear, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Hi again, I wanted to pass some info. I made some rso caps and took the leftover weed and double boiled it for 3 hrs. I put berry and chamiolle tea with it to boil. When done, strained in cheese cloth and in fridge . It didnt taste great, so I added oj and it's really good! Cheers! KIMG3097.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. I took my troubles down to Madame Rue
    You know that gypsy with the gold-capped tooth
    She's got a pad down on Thirty-Fourth and Vine
    Sellin' little bottles of Love Potion Number Nine
    I told her that I was a flop with chics
    I've been this way since 1956
    She looked at my palm and she made a magic sign
    She said "What you need is Love Potion Number Nine"
    She bent down and turned around and gave me a wink
    She said "I'm gonna make it up right here in the sink"
    It smelled like turpentine, it looked like Indian ink

I held my nose, I closed my eyes, I took a drink
    I didn't know if it was day or night
    I started kissin' everything in sight
    But when I kissed a cop down on Thirty-Fourth and Vine
    He broke my little bottle of Love Potion Number Nine

LMAO

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Lol? I gotta start reading the lyrics!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Love that song! Whole family sings along with it whenever we hear it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hmm, I don’t want to bring any confusion, but reading some of the previous posts, I ask my self if I am preparing my tincture correctly.

I decarb 1g of weed (240F for 40mins), grind it to powder to reduce the volume of the buds, pour 5ml of 191 proof alcohol in a shot glass and stir the powdered buds in it for 5 mins. I separate and squeeze the bud powder with a spoon (a little bit tricky and not optimal straining, but it works), then doing a second wash of the powdered bud with additional 3ml of alcohol. The final product is 5ml dropper - some of the alcohol gets absorbed by the powdered bud and some maybe evaporates while processing, I am not sure. The 5ml bottle equals 10 full droppers - 1 full dropper gets me very well baked.

IMG_1838.JPG

As I don’t evaporate any alcohol, but I powder the bud to reduce the volume, use very small quantities of alcohol and don’t use any filters at all to prevent absorbing (resulting in less final product), is that a good way to approach or do I leave lots of the good stuff behind?

PS: I don’t try to be a smart a**, but the grain alcohol here costs more than 20 grams of good quality shake, so I try to reduce the alcohol costs as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. The best way to my knowledge to get more of what you left behind would be to use oil instead of alcohol, not filter, and make a sludge that you can use as is, in food, or better yet in capsules.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Capsules are indeed my main weapon ;) but from time to time I need a fast acting medication and tinctures are probably the solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. My mct oil infusion, using liquid lecithin, and feco is as quick as tinctures I've made. Other than taste, and the overall cost, (most mct oil is cheaper and easier to source for a lot of us) the process is pretty much the same.

If you filter the sludge you could probably cap the left over plant material.

• Like Like x 1
  9. You're not leaving anything behind because you consume the sediment, too, just like you do with the oil capsules. No need to change anything. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. A quick tip on not leaving things behind...I do filter my tincture...initially I just press it through a potato ricer...then after my second wash, I take and put the whole thing through a coffee filter.

However, I do take the remnants along with any of the gunk from the coffee filter, put 'em in a cereal bowl, and let all residual alcohol evaporate over about a week or so.

Go through and try to pick out as much of the stems and seeds as you can, then put all that remains in a jar.

I factor a standard ethanol tincture extraction at about 75% efficient...just guessing...have no real data to back that up...but that said...if I'm leaving 25% behind in my "gunk"...then it stands to reason, if I quadruple my standard run (14g x 4 = 56g) and make a depletion run using 56g of depleted material...I find I get a pretty nice bottle that tastes terrible...but gets the job done all the same. I'll warn you the 56g soaks the ethanol like it's its job, think pouring water on a pile of sawdust...the dust is going to absorb a lot. You'll squeeze out a lot too, but the loss rate of ethanol on this one is higher than a standard run.

Think of it as buy 4 get one free...and I think we all can agree free is good here!

Now with what's left over *after* my depletion run...I put that in potting soil...so I'm truly using the whole buffalo:)

• Like Like x 2