Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Green Dragon Tincture

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Ihaveabear, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Thank you, I had a feeling there was a reason but I've been making tinctures all day I'm feeling pretty good LOL:D

• Like Like x 1
  2. And away we go! KIMG1996.JPG KIMG1997.JPG

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. The fans cause enough evaporation it cools your alcohol below the dew point and moisture will come out of the air into your alcohol. It's like the way moisture collects on the outside of a glass of ice tea. You'd be surprised to see how much moisture you get but it may not matter for your purposes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. What's a taint-ure? I wouldn't use that. LOL! To each his own!

5. Hahaha your crazy!

6. Did you mean "you're"? Lol.

7. Nice catch, you got him on that one. You must be an English teacher.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I tried 2 batches with no decarb, one for 4 months, the other for 6 months and though the taste was good it was very weak. I did use trims though, while I usually use buds. I am trying another no decarb batch with buds now. I used 1oz crystal buds for 3oz 190P alcohol. I hope this will work out, otherwise I am not sure why no-decarb does not work for me. Thoughts?
    Thanks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. #49 Joker1121, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    I'm wondering how you made a tincture with one ounce buds and only three ounces of alcohol.
    Edit- from later comments I realize you must have reduced it to three ounces, not started with three ounces of alcohol.

10. Are you reducing your tincture naturally to concentrate it? And 2 runs? Did you reduce it to 3oz or start with that much? That's not really enough for a good extraction. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. I bet that's one strong tinc!

• Like Like x 2
  12. I apologize, I keep misleading - 1oz buds for 3 cups 190P alcohol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I apologize, I keep misleading - 1oz buds for 3 cups 190P alcohol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. I apologize, I keep misleading - 1oz buds for 3 cups 190P alcohol

Attached Files:

15. Nice! I'm halfway thru the nat 4 month decarb tincs that I made , I add a few droppers to my alcohol drinks, ..like now:biggrin:

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. My no-decarb tincture is not very strong though. Is your no-decarb as strong as your carbed bud tincture?
    Thanks.

17. Okay, it's too weak. You need to let some of it evaporate. Down to about a cup. It won't be weak then. Let it air evaporate. It may take a while, a few days for that much, but it will be worth the wait especially since you've already waited at least 4 months. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thanks I will try. Having said that the carbonated Gorilla Glue bud tincture I made with the same ratio of bud/alcohol was very strong without evaporation. Would that not suggest that carbonating buds is more effective than waiting 4 to 6 months? Or may the weaker tincture just be because I used trims for my 4 and 6 months batches? (My third no-decarb batch I started in November was made with Crystal buds, so I guess I'll find out in March how strong it comes out).
    Thank you.

19. That's the difference and why you need to reduce it. That's the good thing about tincture. If it isn't quite as strong as you wanted or expected then you can just evaporate some of it to make it better. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I feel more of a head buzz with the nat decarb and the nat evap. I think its the terps.:)
    I did 1 batch without winterizing everything, it was still great , but it was less tasty and had more body buzz. Sorry my response was late, darn touchscreen didn't take the touch.
    So I'm thinking I'll do tincs winterized and non. I found this booze nice for tincs, slight berry flavor. KIMG3096.JPG
    Btw, thank you for naming the post after me, I'm flattered.:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1