Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Green Dragon Tincture

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Ihaveabear, Mar 12, 2020.

1. You're going to have something probably potent, but not tasty because of all the chlorophyll. Definitely not nothing. The rational for freezing the alcohol and decarbed bud is that the cold makes the trichomes brittle and the alcohol strips the trichomes very quickly. The cold inhibits the amount of chlorophyll. There's more to the tech and I would recommend you read @PsychedelicSam 's recipe. Lots of folks do it the way you are doing it and are happy with the result. Like you said there are lots of recipes.If you like the resulting tincture you're good to go. If you want to try for something more tasty try P'Sam's recipe.
    Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

• Like Like x 3
  2. So, if I’m reading this correctly, what I’m making will get me high, and will taste like shit. I’m cool with that. . Further, there’s really no reason to wait any longer to proceed with the coffee filtering...its already as potent as it will get? Correct?
    Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. You've got it right. It should be as potent now as it will ever be. Having said that, some people feel a bit of aging the final product enhances the effects. You might find the middle and end of the bottle a bit nicer. As far as potency, you may want to reduce your tincture to an ounce or two for some super potent tincture. Really hard core folks fit an ounce into 30 ml! Good luck, and enjoy, mate.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Since you started with 14g...that's what I do myself...consider how much to reduce it. I personally shoot for 30ml as that's a typical medicine dropper bottle and is very close to one fluid ounce. It provides a rough approximation of 52mg/ml.

You can filter it at any time, but I'd recommend wetting your filter in advance with some fresh 190p, otherwise you loose some as the paper absorbs the GD. More soak time is only likely to pull out more polar compounds from the source material, which aren't of interest to you. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. [​IMG]
    4 of the 7+ bottles from the fridge
    A near full quart jar of decarbed bud scraps
    A full very cold 750ml of 190 proof
    Mix and shake 10 seconds.
    Done
    Press out in small loads in the Potato ricer
    [​IMG] I get about 500ml finished Tincture back from the 750ml I start with from each bottle.
    I'll recover the trapped alcohol from the pressed out weed in the still later.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well, I think I’m through dabbling with that for a while. First, I’ve never felt anything from edibles. A friend who makes them said that there are a few people who can’t get high on edibles. I must be one of them.
    Then, after I figured out that when the author of one article said to heat to 90 degrees to reduce, he meant centigrade, not Fahrenheit.
    So I got it reduced from 300ml to 150 (looks like I should have gone more)tried 3ml, burned the shit out of my mouth, and did not feel much of anything. What buzz I got could have been from the alcohol, and was more than offset by the pain to my saliva ducts.
    I’ve saved it in case there’s something else I can do. But honestly, I think I’ll just have to smoke till it kills me. Thanks all for the help

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. After several says of contemplation I’ve decided to try to finish this and see if it works. I so want to not smoke if possible.
    So here is the exact stuff I’ve done. 1) Started with 19g of product (decarbed I hope ) and 375ml of Everclear soaked for 4 or 5 days, shook it all the time, then put it in the freezer for a day or two (while shaking). After straining it out I had 300ml which I reduced to 150ml, sampled, burned the shit out of my mouth, didn’t get high, put in the closet a few days.
    Tonight I tried reducing to 30ml as suggested, got it pretty close, ended up with about 25ml all together.
    My question is what dosage should I first try? Is this the couple of drops stuff, or should I start with 1 or 2 ml? If it’s going to work for me I want to make sure it does, if that makes sense. Thanks guys. I’ll check this in the morning.

8. Put a dropper into a shot glass of water and either swish it around in your mouth for a few minutes before swallowing or just shoot it straight down. The effects should soon start. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hi Sam, You seem to be the man to listen to...so the droppers appear to pick up 1/2ml. Try that, or a little more?

• Like Like x 1
  10. It will depend on what your normal tolerance is. At 19g source that's
    19,000mg x 0.15 x 0.75 = 2,137.5mg THC
    2137.5 ÷ 25ml = 85.5mg / ml
    I have a very strong all day experience on 52mg, but I have a buddy who can't feel a thing until he gets to 100+ mg
    I think a lot depends on the frequency and volume you smoke. A daily smoker might consume several hundred mg per day, so 50 - 80 might not cut it.

IME, edibles are more subtle of an experience...though dont take that to mean less strong.

If you are serious about edibles, I'd start by taking a week off of any THC so you can approach it with a relatively fresh palette. Ideally a month, but any level of clean out will do wonders. Smoking, to me, is more intense of a punch right off the bat, but it decays faster which leads to more smoking, which increases tolerance. Edibles have plenty of tolerance too but its usually easy to monitor and guage since you are consuming discrete amounts.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Since you reduced it so far a dropper would be a good place to start and titrate up or down as needed. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Success! This is the first time I’ve ever felt anything from an ingestible!
    I had hoped that I could find an alternative to smoking. And I don’t think this will do that. But it WILL take the place of SOME smoking. And that can’t be a bad thing.
    Thanks to all for the help. Sam...u da man

• Like Like x 3
  13. I asking this here so that hopefully someone (Sam) will see it... so I know that I can make tincture, thanks to all the fine assistance rendered here.
    I want to make some more from some gorilla glue #4 I have that is quite potent, but so harsh as to be unsmokable, compared to my properly cured homegrown. The problem is that probably half of it was already shredded using an herb grinder (I smoke through a pipe). Is it possible to decarb herb that has already been shredded like that? The first batch I did was 45 minutes at 225F. But it was cut into rice kernel sized chunks.
    I’m thinking that perhaps a longer time span at a lower temp might be the answer. But not at all sure. Any help is appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  14. It doesn't matter how finely ground it is for decarb. I recommend 240 for 40 minutes for best results. It will be fine.

So happy the tincture got you going.

Sorry for short response but have no internet for few days, using phone for important things like this. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Hello,
    I was wondering what you mean by reduction. I am trying the no decarb method. I put 1 oz of trims per 3 cups of 190P grain alcohol in mason jars. I could not fit more material per liquid. I have my mason jars in a draw and shake them every day. I will also try this method with buds (which is what I used for the decarb tinctures I did before). Will my alcohol content evaporate while in the mason jar, or am I looking to evaporate the alcohol so that the end product is stronger?
    Thanks,
    J.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The no decarb method takes four months to naturally decarb. Your alcohol will not evaporate if you keep the mason jar properly sealed. You will want to reduce for a potent tincture. You've done this before, though....so you know what works.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I evap like this, I usually use a wide glass container and put tape marks where tinc levels are, to guage it , works better in room with low humidity:) KIMG1805.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. Reduction is the evaporation of some of the alcohol in order to concentrate your potency. If you evaporate all the way then you get RSO. With a natural decarb you evaporate off the amount of alcohol with natural evaporation. If you still have your material in the solution you should strain it and filter it before you reduce it. There's really no need to soak it for days since the cannabinoids are stripped by the alcohol within minutes. :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hi Sam, how are you feeling good ,I hope,:), do you think it matters to reduce before or after with a natural decarb green dragon? Stay cool it's hot out there:toke:
    KIMG1975.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  20. Oh, I'm doing about as well as can be expected. That heat doesn't help.

I doubt if it really matters when you do it. I always like to do it right away so that I've got my potency locked in and I don't have to fool with it again. I can try it at points during the cure to tell how it's progressing if I wanted. I did do that because it's a good way to learn when you're starting out. If you didn't reduce it right away then you wouldn't be able to determine anything because it would be so dilute. Just my preference, though. :)

• Like Like x 1