PC Grasscity Steam Group and PC Gaming General

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Vicious, Dec 6, 2013.

1. mmh, why?

I don't know about that, full towers are becoming a thing of the past in my opinion. The last ATX tower i had was a Zalman GT1000.

2. Hell yeah, on KOTH every weekend, do a fair amount of mission development to boot.

If anyone still plays Soulstorm hit me up!

3. Have you bought, used or even seen the sheer size of some of today's higher end video cards?

They get hot, too... you want the size of a mid tower minimum and I personally prefer the larger size just to be able to fit components comfortably and to maintain air flow...

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Most mini/micro ATX cases have been designed to incorporate +260mm cards. I have a 980Ti in a mATX case, runs pretty hot under load but no RMA yet. It's even situated next to the radiator in my room and survived last summers heat. Tbh... i took all of this into consideration when i came up with the design for my build. I replaced all the stock fans on the case with ones that are better and run silent.

I even decided to take a picture for ya... :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. Nice job!

Maybe it's a personal thing I don't know - but my card is big and I've had to battle with smaller cases in the past so I guess I just like them a little bit bigger.

Nice machine. Are you playing anything recently?

J

7. Anyone playing pubg?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Na, i'm chillin, a new game called "Orake 2d MMORPG" is pretty interesting, and it's free.

I also play on a WoW Vanilla server called "Elysium", that's free as well.

Other than that, do you play Rainbowsix siege?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sorry for the late update, most of my R&R time is spent on ARMA 3 or SW Battlefront. Brought into the whole Star Citizen thing but ill be waiting until full release to play the game.

10. Yo, anyone here playing BO3? Add me on steam, Badfish12345

11. I was wondering if there are any Vanilla fans here. I'm on Kronos myself but sparingly.

12. Steam: Steam Community :: Ok (I change my name frequently, but I normally go as Andi or Lime)
    Battle.net: Lime#12506
    Discord: andrew#3368

I play a lot of Overwatch and whatever I feel like that's on my list. Add me if you need a cool friend who will actually respond to you and play games with ya'. B)

• Like Like x 1
  13. anyone on here play battlefield on PC?

14. Yeah man, im looking for people to play with

15. My steam name is the same as my username on here

16. #856 beejay22, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    I just built a new PC in December as my 10+ year old Phenom 9850 Quad-Core was having issues playing a lot of new games.. thanks to Intel and them tapering with game coding for PC games. That 9850 was still tearing ass as I had 8GB DDR2 G.Skill and a GeForce 960 GTS 4GB card on an old ASUS Socket AM2+ mobo. But unfortunately the Intel SSE2-3-4..etc nonsense was crashing new games, even after I had played the Betas and they ran perfectly fine! (Resident Evil Biohazard, No Man's Sky, Destiny 2).

I love playing Destiny 2 at the moment, it's a blast. I loved the original on PS3, and eventually transferred my data for Destiny PS3 to PS4.. I kept playing and playing until eventually Destiny 2 came out and people stopped playing. It's probably one of the best stoner Shooters out there, you can roam around free just shooting aliens and machines, as well as group up with folks and go on Raids when you want... I just don't have the time as much anymore.

As for my tower, I was lucky to find an old G5 PowerMac Case I gutted out and customized for my ATX MoBo's. I secured/anchored the chassis in myself, and there is more than enough room for ANYTHING. These huge GPU's fit in fine, I lay it sideways most of the time for better airflow.. but I did recently buy a few mid-sized towers from NewEgg for my old PC to toss in and donate to a family member, I believe it was an Azza Sirius, also a DIYPC Solo.. they both fit in 2 Mid Sized ASUS M4 Series boards fine, a little tight, but got the job done.

I love my new PC.. I built an AMD Ryzen 5 6-core 3.29 GHz CPU, used my "old" GeForce 960 GTS 4GB from my old system, grabbed 16GB of G.Skill DDR4 RAM, and put it on an ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING AM4. MoBo... as well as got a 250GB SSD drive (Samsung), my 1st SSD and WOW, these things are worth it!

I love AMD+ASUS+G.Skill, it kept me gaming hard for 10+ years, I'm 33, starting gaming around age 11-12 on those old AMD Thunderbird and Athlon CPU's. I've always trusted and just stuck to those manufacturers, and eVGA for my Graphics Cards.. I loved BFGTech when they were around, unfortunately their "lifetime" warranty was the ending of them.. they made great products, but every time the card crapped out, just had to send it back for a new one.. or refurbished lol.. that didn't last long. eVGA has been just as great though. I am an AMD Fanboy so be it, but I watched my last system outlive not just 2, but 3 different systems my pal bought (all Intel crap he got pre-built).. he was a dummy, but when you have a trust-fund and endless amounts of $$ you can afford to buy a PC every 2-3 years.

I currently play Destiny 2 via Blizzard, I occasionally get on Steam for some Dying Light and other games... RYSE: Son of Rome was amazing, still is, unfortunately nobody plays the MultiPlayer which is AMAZING on PC. I've got a PS4 I barely play, I've got Resident Evil Biohazard and NHL 18.. that's it lol...

My Alias:
    Steam: Jay_Ryan (servo)
    Blizzard: servo #1125 (North America)
    PS4: jayarebee

I also play Clash of Clans, have for 4+ years now.. have a wonderful clan, CoC Bacon Wars #2L8UC9R2. We are a core of 5-6 guys that each play 2-3 accounts, we are probably the ultimate clan for stoners that love to war.. we win, we casually socialize, but unlike most clans we do not require anything besides just attacking in war (and having common sense/not sucking). We are a good group of dudes... always looking for players... just message and say Jay sent you.

I would love to rock some Destiny 2, Diablo 3, NHL18 or anything.. but besides the weekends I barely have time for anything.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. I haven't been active since 2015. I am back from the dead!

Does anyone have trouble gaming with new windows 10 updates? My games are constantly stuttering.. I have disabled the Xbox App Game Recorder through windows 10, and tried to manually stop win10 from force updating, but it went ahead anyways. Going to try and recover my CD key for win7 and download the iso image from microsoft today. I havent been able to game for months

18. I was very reluctant to upgrade to Windows 10, as I was putting along quite fine with Windows 7 on my old AMD Phenom Quad Core.. even the latest games, like OverWatch, and I even tested the Destiny 2, Resident Evil 7, and No Man's Sky Betas and they played PERFECT! Until.... the final release, that was when Intel decided to add it's IEE3 or whatever coding into the games, and my games were crashing left and right, insane because the BETAS played GREAT!

So the only reason I upgraded to a new AMD Ryzen was because game developers are basically trying to force PC gamers into upgrading. Considering I've always hated Intel as I have seen several of my friends fry systems every 2-3 years... and my AMD Phenom lasted 10+ years! All I kept doing was upgrading my graphics card, I currently have a GeForce 960 4GB.. it was on my old system, it is on my new system... when I got my new system I decided to go with Windows 10... I am not even sure the motherboard/CPU supported Windows 7 to be honest.. I forget. Regardless, I've had no issues with Windows 10 and gaming.... hope you can get it going!

19. With all due respect - and while I do like AMD products, that 10+ year old machine was a dinosaur by today’s (gaming) standards.

Running Office programs it’d be just fine but man you’re severely limiting yourself with games and you’ll be so happy you upgraded that machine.

Windows 10 is very stable and should work good for you for quite awhile.

I don’t think anyone’s trying to force anyone into
    Upgrading - it’s just that the amount of info
    Being processed in today’s new games needs some serious processing power - I’m honestly glad - as a gamer it tells me that games will just keep getting better textures, effects, realism. If developers kept using old hardware gaming would go stagnant.

My two cents anyhow.

J

20. Finally started playing PUBG since it was gifted to me from a friend.
    I havent played a PC shooter in ages, I suck but im coming around to the mouse and keyboard thing
    i was raised on a controller.