Goodgraces World K.I.S With Autos and Photos!!!

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by goodgrace87, Dec 29, 2016.

?

What is the most important part to growing

1. Growing Medium

32.5%
  2. Grow Light

32.5%
  3. Seed Genetics

35.0%
  1. All of my.autos from attitude seedbank this isn't including my photos seeds[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. I'm jealous lol!!!! I love me some gear!!! Have y'all ever heard of originalseedstore.com? I see they have a lot and they sell singles as well....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nrxt round im growing 3 starryder frim dutxh psssion and one pineapple express. I want to cross them cs to get some feminized autos.... temps are 74 degrees and 44 rh

4. Green crack made a comeback !!! AND MY GORILLA glue i five days [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Will be week 6 for rhe oldest plant on Wednesday

[​IMG]
    Blue amnesia
    [​IMG]
    Krippleberry
    [​IMG]
    Green crack

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Afghani ryder

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nice job. I've never grown an Auto in my life but interesting for sure. The plants look overall happy and healthy too. I could imagine photos getting huge in that big bed - nice job thinking outside the box.

I'd be interested in knowing what you think of the auto GC when you finish.

Very nice.

J

• Like Like x 2
  7. use playsand it drains water fast and fools them into thinking its a bad choice and they leave. then place a soda bottle half full of apple cider vinegar so they fly in and die off. replace vinegar every week or so

• Like Like x 1
  8. and comfrey or clover is great cover crop or both

• Like Like x 1
  9. I threw some white clovers down but nothing came up yet ... thanks

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks jerry i was trying to tune into my soil. And believe that it is just right.. i think autos are a safer way to grow lol but i started some photos in my basement. What do you think about the soil recipe and when would i need to amend with lime?

11. I will try the apple cider vinegar in a cup though I can just put it in an old Poland Spring bottle and leave it on the floor

• Like Like x 1
  12. it does attract them the more bottles the more success

• Like Like x 1
  13. I hate the bastirds eat some other roots somewhere else damn larva

• Like Like x 1
  14. basement = cold damp breeding grounds. I couldn't get rid of them in my old grows no matter what I tried in the end it was over my old spot had a dirt floor run off went into floor =outta control

15. The essential oil spray keeps them at bay. in my tent i have about 2..down in the basement i see about 5 before the spray is seemed like 100s in both places. I saw a huge difference within seven days and they didnt harm my plants

• Like Like x 1
  16. what spray is this? garlic cayenne olive oil spray type thing?

17. they said cinnamon is supposed to work too.... made my weed taste funny from it being in soil not on plant literally but in soil as topdressing

• Like Like x 1
  18. To be totally honest - I've been dealing with pesky fungus gnats for a very long time - and that's all I've ever found them to be - a PITA but that's always been it. I've never seen root damage from them.

@goodgrace87 - get a fan and direct it between the soil itself and the bottom of foliage. Fungus gnats are extremely poor fliers and when they can't land (or fly!) they're pretty much done for because the egg cycle will get broken.

Make it uncomfortable for the little bastards.

A nice amount Neem cake worked into the surface of your soil with your fingertips will also work excellent to keep them at bay - they despise it like many other pests do. Neem contains a secondary metabolite known as Azadirachtin which will kill both adult gnats and larvae. You can also make a Neem cake "tea" by soaking a cup of Neem cake in 4-5 gallons of water and stirring occasionally for 48 hours prior to application. The tea penetrates the soil well to carry it to where larvae are hiding. Repeat every 3-4 days to ensure the egg cycle gets broken.

Neem cake is, of course, also an excellent organic fertilizer.

Mosquito "bits" or "dunks" crumbled up or soaked in water and soaked in like a tea, (Bacillus thuringiensis) is another great organic method for gnat control.

Once you start using any of these methods, and especially the simple fan, in combo with Neem or BT you'll have this under control in no time, I see an occasional straggler these days but never to the point where it's even a thing.

GL

J

• Like Like x 3
  19. Thank God for jerry you are quite a gifted green thumb mate. I really like the thoughts of organic myself. Always a pleasure sir thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  20. #100 jerry111165, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Lime can last quite awhile - and I see you've also got crab going on - good call. This also works as pest control! Crab and other Crustacean meals contain high amounts of Chitin (Kite-en) - which in turn attract Chitin eating organisms which discharge Chitinase, which is an enzyme that breaks down Chitin. Being that many pests bodies (skeletons) are high in Chitin, the organisms which discharge Chitinase enzymes inevitably end up breaking down the exoskeletons of the pests!

It's the Calcium Carbonate that provides the buffering we're looking for in acidic conditions.

I'd personally wait 4-5 grows and see how it's doing. At that point you can sprinkle the surface well and work it in a little with your fingers.

Worm castings are also a great "liming agent". Worms contain a "calciferous gland" which coats their poo with pure Calcium Carbonate to rid their bodies of excess Ca... pretty co.

J

• Like Like x 3