Glow in the dark Marijuana

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Gardenmaster, Aug 11, 2010.

1. #41 Ccoastal, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Pollen party? I dunno about u but that would not be fun at all lol I'm all about Sensi I want no pollen anywhere near my main crop or my clothes, for breeding I put on a tyvek suit lol

The bioluminescence would probably wear off while dryin u would prob have to either soak the bud like a cut flower in a glow stick before drying or some kind of glowing sugar spray for dry bud

2. doin my first run as we speak just to learn how to grow first. that way i can try this on healthy plants. have 3 headbands going under a 400 successful so far. 2 weeks to go

3. You know, just reading back through this, it is a good thread.
    Even second time I got a few good laughs.

And yaww, I'm watching.
    As deacon said, succeed and you're set.

4. #44 Urbanhaze, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hahaha!

5. #45 Lessernot, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
    While this is a really cool idea, it just seems that when man starts splicing genes and modifying nature, while some good can come out, we seem to focus on the bad parts. Consider, ( and i know its not gene splicing, but...) nuclear energy, what happend, yeah, we got nuclear power plants, but we also got bombs that can EASILY wipe out every single living thing on the face of this planet. Not to mention, what happens when there is a completely uncontrolable nuclear plant meltdown. Damn, that got depressing quick, lol. Sorry about that, took it a lil too far I think. Still cool to think about though, the glow sticks, that is, lol. I'm going to shut up now...

PS. maybe I wouldn't lose my stash so easily if it glowed, hmmmmm

6. what would the smoke look like?

7. the smoke would probably be the same because the glowing protein would be denatured(unwound from specific 3D form) when burned and no longer able to function

8. If anyone has a game plan on this and is serious about trying, let me know because Im willing to try

9. Oh yeh i'm sure it's possible, whether or not your ass will die from smoking it is another thing what would make the marijuana glow ? what chemicle i'm sure it would be bad to smoke unless it was completelly organic.

10. all you need is the gfp
    (green fluorescing protein) encoded plasmid (p-glow plasmid) and you inject a healthy stem. A tumor like growth will appear. you cut off that growth and culture it in a balanced medium (clonex solution mixed into an agar (agarose) solution and ph'd to 6.5 in my own opinion). you need a black light to see this version. there is a way to make the plant produce light without a black light, but that is more complicated and is not as efficient. I have decided to abandon this because of the possible harmful uses of this research to the growing industry. don't ever forget to consider the impacts of your creations in the wrong hands! research tagging male plants with this if anything

11. trouble is getting the p-glow plasmid. You can't exactly have it sent to your house. You need to have it sent to a lab or someone that has an account with the bio company.

12. Two years later. Has anyone heard anything new?
    Cheers!

Sent from my BNTV600 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #54 waktoo, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014

No.  Almost four years after the OP, this thread is just as stupid as the day it was started.

14. I was watching C-Span the other day (I know, random) and Jared Polis was debating some right wing conservative about legalizing hemp growing. The topic was something along the lines of, not being able to distinguish the difference of the shape between hemp and cannabis (male vs female). This is a retarded debate as is, cuz cannabis (female) is wide, short and bushy, right? And hemp (male) is tall and thin.

I bring this up cuz some bro in, I recall North Dakota, who had a glow in the dark solution to distinguishing them. He says some university, once again I forget the specifics, figured out how to splice a bioluminescent gene into it. Problem solved. Right? Well, pretty much everyone in the room ignored him and didn't even acknowledge his comment.

What I'm trying to say is that it has been done. Except with the male side of the cannabis sativa.

15. Waktoo How the hell is bioluminescent bud not bad ass?! If it's a possible reality, to smoke safely, I think there would be a big fan base for this strain.

16. #57 waktoo, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    Glowing weed... cool man.  :rolleyes:  

I don't agree with combining gene sequences from different species.  Mother nature has done a fine job creating the foods and medicines that we need to survive and thrive. 

Hemp is cannabis (male or female), and your "understanding" of the C-Span debate is misguided.  Do some research.... 

17. why the fuck not lmao

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

18. Just use genomecompilercorp.
    http://www.genomecompiler.com/

these guys used their app to make their own bioluminescent plant.
    http://www.glowingplant.com/

i made a fictional drug called breeze for my screenplay. its a sort of genetically engineered bioluminescent plant which contains a bunch of benzos and cannabinoids, certain strains of which causes a mild hallucinogenic effect. in doing a lot of research for this screenplay i found that a lot of the science fiction stuff i was imagining for the show was not only possible but i had the tools and resources to learn how to actually do it myself, today, in the here and now. For little to no cost. 

Case and point, they have an entire free course on identifying specific genes on edX.

19. Although i must warn you, you shouldn't fuck with GMO anything... The process of genetic modification damages more than just the features you're changing. if you're not careful, in your quest to make corn bigger, or grapes sweeter, you can turn it into a poison. GMO is never a scalpel, its a hammer, or a chainsaw.