Glow in the dark Marijuana

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Gardenmaster, Aug 11, 2010.

1. mc death.
    if man made it, dont eat it
    now that shit glows in the dark.

2. honestly think this could be better achieved through plant breeding, simply select plants that did the best and grow them to seed, they'll pass on the good traits and each year do the same thing, eventually you should have a plant thats pretty resistant to mites and pm, etc.
    yea gene splicing may be faster, but if you breed properly you can trump any genetic modifications

3. I bet rippers would love to see glow in the dark plants.

4. Just noticed this thread. It's a beauty. I can just see myself growing glow-in-the-dark MJ outdoors where I used to live in Australia's 'Green Triangle'

They already use infra-red technology to find patches. They'd LOVE glow-in-the-dark cannabis.

5. What he said. Lots of people who are growing outdoors start with bagseed. Not many people organize their seed by name. So when it comes flowering time and the leafs start glowing one night, your entire neighborhood will scatter through the woods looking for an alien crash sight. Only to find a plant. Come to think of it, that would be hilarious. Please do make this strain, and cross bread it with thai stick. So we can have a strain in America called glow sticks :smoke:

6. The 12/12 cycle should not be alterd if the plants are giving off 'green' light
    :D

7. Just find someone in Japan to send you some. Lol I shouldn't have said that by couldn't help it

8. #28 GrapeStreet, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    Or California, they're just across the pond.

--
    What if the bio-luminescence could be bred into the stamen only....then we'd have instant indicators of hermies or renegade males?

Or even just a UV fluorescence, and we could simply use UVA to find them.

GLOWING BANANAS FOR THE WIN!

9. Avatar weed lol. If anyone around here was a chemist...

10. Making the plant glow in the dark is the easy part. I have the recipe and could do this in less than a month. the tricky part is the testing the product and monitoring results. Lab rats are REALLY expensive and long term effects would have to be closely investigated over a long period of time. If someone wants to grow a fluorescent plant, no problem just don't smoke it yet.

11. hey yaww...i would like to see you grow any glow in the dark plant:smoke:i would think the ornimental market alone would set ya up;)what ya waitin' on:confused_2:

12. Might be easier than u think.... I might actually give this a go... All u need is some bacteria, firefly or coral genes, and the ability to clone.. Believe it!.. Not to mention Korean scientists made glow in the dark cats!

Attached Files:

13. #34 Ccoastal, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
  14. Just read this thread and all I can say is...

that's five minutes of my life I'll never have back.

15. Yeah, but you just cost me an extra 30 seconds....

16. OK, next time I'll try to use fewer words... ;)

17. Slow reader?

18. 21 sec. were spent pondering the confabulated rigmarole comprising this thread.

I still say we need to get them bananas to light up like christmas tree bulbs. Pretty and functional. Plus imagine the fun of a pollen party under black lights. Yeah. :cool:

19. Just wondering, what would happen to the bioluminescent chemicals once the plant was burned? I don't know about you, but if my mouth starts glowing, I don't want to look like I've just eaten glow sticks...