Girl Scout Cookies Auto Living soil Journal

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by TxGrow89, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Thanks man

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thsnks buddy,
    I honestly just feel like I'm getting lucky. I see issues many others have especially on their first grow and thanks to all of you sharing your knowledge in these forums, I feel like I've been able to dodge most of them so far.

I do have plenty of room to improve though. Especially with my grow setup. Right now I have no way to regulate the humidity. The box is vented from the outside so Its pretty much the same humidity in my box as it is outside.

This week it actually got up 90% RH and didn't go below 65% for a few days while we were experiencing a lot of rain... had me worried but now things have dropped back into the 35-50 range so I hope everythings ok. I've been checking the buds closely for any signs of mold, but none yet.

Also my temperature isn't as consistent as I'd like. I can keep it withing 65-80° F but it's also not that uncommon for the box to fluctuate that full range over the course of 24hrs.

I could definitely use a better light too this is just a chea knockoff "1000W LED full spectrum" from amazon... like $60. So I'd definitely like to see what the difference will be with better equipment across the board.

But hey, this pots just for me and is mainly just about me wanting to prove to myself I can do something so it is what it is. I think from here I can make big improvements still.

• Like Like x 4
  3. If I have learned one thing, it's that the environment doesn't have to be as "perfect" as much of the information you find will lead you to believe... this plant is VERY resilient.. it vegged through RH ranging from 25-35%.. I probably have both underwater ed and over watered it. And I haven't PH'd my water or checked the PH of anything this entire grow. I just bubble my tap water for 24hrs and then water.

My advice is don't let "imperfect" scenarios hold you back from growing your own cannabis, give it a go and improve things as you have the time/money

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. It seems like you are also doing a lot of things right so I wouldn’t write it all off as pure luck. You are paying close attention but not constantly messing with stuff and risking the grow and that’s a plus. The mindset to constantly learn and improve is a requirement in the garden and listening to the experienced folks on here helped out greatly. Keep on and look forward to the reward.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The plants are very resilient indeed. Some auto strains are quite fussy however. A lot of the recommendations I make encapsulate what works best environmentally for all autos. There is also a lot of 'dated' info out there that doesn't apply as much today, as it did in the past, due to breeders doing such an outstanding job.
    keep up the good work!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  6. If you do, be sure to share your progress here so I can compare the development, as well as your techniques

• Like Like x 2
  7. I ordered some "Skywalker OG" from Barneys that I'm going to try next

• Like Like x 1
  8. Are you from the US? Thought barney doesnt ship to US

I was thoroughly disappointed

• Like Like x 1
  9. Order through Seedsman. They carry Barneys as well as tons of other breeders. They're where I got these girlscout seeds. Just takes around 2-3 weeks shipping so plan accordingly

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. They also always include free seeds which is a plus.. and they guarantee delivery. Customer service was helpful for me, they added 5 lemon auto seeds for free cuz I complained about the tracking on my order not bein uploaded

• Like Like x 2
  11. I was going to go through ILGM cuz apparently you get their seeds within a week to US, and they guarantee germination with tons of positive customer reviews... downside is you cant get a seed from them without buying a minimum of 10 for around $100.. they often run specials with 10 free seeds bUT I really didn't need 20 seeds or to spend $120 on them lol. I thank I paid around $50 total at seedsman for 5 girlscout cookie and 3 free Lemon Auto..( not including the 5 free they added)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Oooh shiiiit bro ty

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lol yea i dont need 20 seeds of ONE strain.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Exactly

• Like Like x 1
  15. Disaster has finally struck me. At the worst time :(. Power went out today while I was at work.. after the light being out and no heat for 3 hours I was in a hurry to get things back up and running when power kicked on. It was In the low 40s most the day so I hurried and turned Heater back on set at 80°F.. problem is I didn't press the "Auto" button and instead the heater ran on the default "high" setting. I checked grow a few hours later to see if things had stabilized to find a grow box at 112°F and a half cooked plant. Rh down in the teens. Most of the top fan leaves have wilted, but I guess the buds still appear OK aside from the sugar leaves not looking as robust... so is this thing salvagable? Where to go from here?? Plant appeared to at least have a couple weeks left. Ruined my night lol 20210402_204150-1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. I would remove all the totally damaged leaves ASAP. Get her well hydrated and go from there.
    Cheers
    Os

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. OK thanks man

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hang in there with it man, theres tough luck sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks, hope I can still get something worth smoking off her.. if not lesson learned, I went ahead and planted a couple more seeds to start again

• Like Like x 1