GHG's Sunkissed Backside

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by GreenHardtGrower, Aug 15, 2015.

1. I don't have time just this second but I'm definitely going to go back and read every page your yard is absolutely gorgeous

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. I certainly appreciate a new read and maybe some new insight!

I heavily trimmed my trees in the yard last year to get some good sun for my autos and others this year, but they bounced back with avengence. So, I'm taking the biggest obstructor out, when the leaves start dropping. I'm going to turn her into a bird bath, so she will live on! lol..

~GHG~

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Oh that sux... They did some strange reformat a while ago an things haven't been the same since.

~GHG~

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hi from my experience it depends what your goal is for the product, If you want some stinky buds, let them dry only picking off the major fan leaves, then once the stem snaps I would trim the buds, and start going through my curing process, this will give you much more pungent of an aroma. It definitley is easier to trim right away while the buds are wet, but most of the old school growers that i've smoked with told me that in order to get the best smell to wait and dry the plants out the slower process where the nugs suck up all the juices from the main stalk.

• Like Like x 2
  5. So...,

I know it’s been a good while since I visited this thread, let alone posted to it... It’s been a long time since I’ve grown a cannabis plant indoors or out, but I find myself here and now with just enough time to sprout a few seeds and to see what happens in the early FL sun.

We left our home for a life on the road in 2017, so these seeds have been riding around in our RV all over the country for the better bit of four years... not exactly fresh, and definitely not properly stored, but some have sprouted despite less than optimal conditions. I put them all on a plate in water soaked napkins six days ago, after a full 24 hours I checked the plate and it was already dry... (oops)... I figured I ruined any chance of seed sprout at this point, but figured I had nothing to lose by wetting them down again. This time I dropped them all in a Tupperware dish and put them outside where it was warm...

And this is what we have so far:
    One Cheese auto
    IMG_6649.JPG

And two of the four Berry Bomb auto’s
    IMG_6650.JPG

There is a third Berry Bomb that is starting to sprout and it looks like the fourth will be dud... not bad for old seeds! It’s been a full week since I first set them down.

~GHG~

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Unfortunately it looks like the top left seed is a dude.. doesn't look like it has a tap root unless the pic is deciding me.

7. Still waiting for the third Berry Bomb to sprout a good tail... it’s out a couple millimeters- not quite where I like them when I drop them in soil though. Perhaps by tonight.

I did however drop the other three in some pots using some organic soil. It’s definitely not the soil I used and re-amended at home year after year... but it should do. I’ll probably end up making some sort of tea to water them as time goes on.

IMG_6651.JPG

And this am... all three are standing up and reaching for the sky!

IMG_6655.JPG

This is the soil I used... way more wood junk in it than I would like to see, but I didn’t really think these seeds would sprout...

IMG_6653.JPG
    IMG_6654.JPG

~GHG~

8. Did you ever get this thing made yet? Lol I like the idea and to add to the brainstorm here is my idea. If we were to cut the pitcher off the base of a blender we would just have a base and mixing paddles. Well as I was writing it my plan got foiled because I was gonna put the blender in the bottom of bucket!!! Hahahaha silly stoner you can't get the blender wet..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome Back.
    :)

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  10. The little squirrelly tail hanging out is the tap root. The helmet is pretty well off, so I think you can see the cotyledons as well. Not sure what gives you the idea it’s a dude... I think if there was a real way to sex a plant at seed, the industry wouldn’t bother with feminized seeds.

~GHG~

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thanks!! I see you’re still going strong!!

~GHG~

12. Haha it was supposed to say dud like no good. It just looked to me like the plant had come out of its seed shell and cotyledon opened but not root coming off the other side. There is definitely no way to tell sex this early.

• Like Like x 1