ghetto ac. This is it .

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bryan oconner, Apr 19, 2021.

1. 24 thousand btu mini split . 1200 dollars plus installing it . Drill a hole in the cement wall. .. Nope. 150 dollar craigs list .Window shaker .
    Go ahead and laugh at this. There is a tub on the back of the ac. The extra moisture drains into the pan.
    A hose is attached down the drain the water goes .
    So a box held together with tape . A nice 10 inch pipe.. Plumb it out the window .
    Ran it for 12 hours today. Ice cold air . This is not typical for me . I do have mini splits but in this situation its only a test room i did not want to drop a shit load of money before i know what is what . thumbnail.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Show us the connection how you exhausted the heat

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have a 6" fan exhausting the heat. While a/c drains into large tote. Vaccum it out every few days. Works well

Sent from my LML212VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. The struggle man I had to do this last year lol

5. Keep you eyes open. I will update it as soon as i go there later tonight .
    It only cost 8 bucks for the pipe 12 for the window vent thing .. And a basement window will have a small window in it or you can just knock out a few blocks . They sell all of this at the homedepot . Pics coming soon .

• Like Like x 2
  6. reported as slander .
    Here is the vent somebody asked me about .
    If your confused let me know . I have to hit the store i can snap a picture of the unit not installed .
    thumbnail.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. So there was a second window there and a screen.
    I removed the second window. The screen is still there. If you decide to remove the window blocks . I would suggest some sort of screen to prevent pests to enter .

8. updated

9. Nice. Saved yourself a pretty penny if you were to call a professional company.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Creativeness is always needed in the grow.
    Love to see it.
    Good idea, I may consider building a box for my attic grow.
    I have a hate-hate-tolerate relationship with Great Stuff.
    Funny cause I use so many other refined products why would that bother ... Don't know, but it does.
    Should be called weird shit filler.
    Man you get hated on huh, pissed some ppl off, eh. Lol
    A/C units are super useful.
    Usually use them propd on a chair as a heat/dehumidifier with no back box building like you have done here, just a bucket catch. I do that During fall drying for outdoor and fighting the humid cold which hits. Too much material coming down forces that.
    Dehumidiers just aren't as efficient at sucking moisture out of the air.
    Currently perpetual small indoor means much more manageable drying.
    It's all mid bloom and heat has struck hard as fuck over the past week. However I have my fans for my hps running constantly taking the top of the heat up there so... Hopefully I won't have to run an AC. One month plus some change and all focus outdoor for me...
    It's too sad to not be out in the sun when it's shining.
    Next year hope to have a better schedule down so I don't have the fights and rough transitiona. About two weeks later than I want this year..
    Always room for improvement right.

• Like Like x 1