Getting High Before A Tattoo

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by mightyliang, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Did you mean especially xanax?

2. An outline tattoo is not that painful. It's when they have to fill in detail work with the colored inks.....OUCH!

3. Been thinking about getting a tattoo on my foot. It'd be colourful, with detailing. I've heard places like foot/wrist/hand/ribs hurt a lot, is this a terrible idea for my first tat?

4. The best drug to get you mentaly ready for a tatoo is little alcohol.Hands down.Don't tell me weed,you might regret it.Theres a difference when you look at a tattoo being sober than stoned,trust me.

5. I like to drink a fruit smoothy before a session with real fruit none of that powder crap. The electrolites and sugars help I think.

6. I've never gotten high before getting ink done. I don't want anything dulling that amazing feeling of fresh ink going into my skin.

7. gettin tatted doesn't hurt.. I wouldn't get high before getting it but that's just me.

8. I have literally never gotten a tattoo while sober

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Anyone who says it doesn't hurt obviously doesn't have a chest piece :/ haha. I say get blazed, get inked and then go home and deal with the discomfort of a new tattoo.

10. Our of my 9 tattoos I've been high for one. My last one on my calf and I wouldn't do it again because it tickled so bad. That is worse than the little pain that I would've normally felt. It took everything in me not to twitch for 45 minutes.

11. Personally I love being sober when getting ink I always fall asleep though

12. I was dubious too, my first 3 I didnt  smoke until after it was done, my fourth was only little tattoo and I was high as shit for that one. Everything went smoothly, and ever since I've been baked and inked.

No worries.

13. Nah don't be high, just be sober

14. Worked for me. No big deal, high or not. Just get er' done. Have you got your tatt already?
    Oh shit this is from 2014. Im too stoned.

Attached Files:

15. In all honesty, I’m so glad that I smoked before getting my first tattoo. I wasn’t anxious about getting my tattoo, but I knew that it was definitely going to hurt. I’m a very tiny girl (always have been. Never hit 100 lbs in my life) and I was getting my tattoo on my hip, where my bone sticks out in the front because of my size. If I had not smoked beforehand, I know that I would not have been able to handle that pain sober. Yes, it was definitely still painful, but not nearly as bad as it would’ve been. It’s been 3 days since and my tattoo is starting to peel and itch so I know it’s healing fine. If weed usually helps you with physical pain, as it does me, then maybe smoking is a good idea. If it tends to make headaches or muscle cramps worse, holding off on your blunt till after your tattoo is probably the best idea. Best of luck

• Like Like x 1
  16. Why would you NOT want to feel anything when getting a tattoo? The whole point of getting a tattoo is the experience. If you cant handle a little pain then you have no business getting inked. It's not like childbirth where labor pain is equal to breaking bones. Getting a tattoo feels like you're scratching a sunburn and in some areas it feels like your digging into your skin. But that's the point. If you cant handle needles, pain, or getting inked without being faded, dont get inked. Period. I have 1 arm from shoulder to wrist done, half my back done, part of a lower leg done and pelvic bone. The most tender part on me was the inner arm. But again, that's part of the experience. Eat food at least 30 mins before sitting to get tatted. And eat something good, not something real oily. Avoid caffeine because that makes your heart race and can make you freak out. If you are a nervous person take a light xanax or ativan to help. Pain meds aren't going to help because tattoo pain is different than body pains or internal pain. And if you're not use to pain meds it will probably make you sick. If you get nauseous I'd recommend zofran or even some pepto bismol to help. Getting tatted, if you think too much about the pain or the needles you're going to make it worse on yourself. Smoking weed, I wouldnt risk it, because it can heighten your senses and make the pain worse. Tattoo pain in general isnt unbearable. Again, certain areas hurt more. In general, the best experience I've had is to eat, take something for nausea, have them spray bactine after the outline to help a little with numbing it, bring headphones and watch some Netflix, youtube or close your eyes and blast music. If you vape, not cbd/thc, vaping helps get your mind off the pain. Have some sunflower seeds and stuff to drink to stay hydrated. You should be fine! I've had 2 kids, one with epidural, 1 without, gallstones and kidney stones. Tattoo pain is the bottom of the list pain wise lol. Good luck!

17. Also, having a cigarette break or a break to use the bathroom, sit down and have a snack every 2 hours if you can make it that long. Even if you're not in too much pain your body is still feeling the pain. After, you might want to smoke to help the healing because the most uncomfortable part for me at least is after the tattoo. When your arm throbs and constantly feels hot, feels like your circulation is getting cut off or feels like your arm is asleep. That nagging kind of pain. That so far is the worst type. But again, it all depends on your areas and how sensitive to pain you are. If you cant handle pain, you shouldnt get a tattoo. Just watched a guy get his very first tattoo last night. Giant chest piece. He didnt move at all except when his nipples got inked. His body was shaking when he would take breaks but he sat like a champ! His eyes were pinned so I doubt he had taken anything for pain or drugs.

18. Somebody ban this asshole!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I have three tattoos and I've never gotten high before the tattoo session. I wanted to remember the whole process, and it wasn't painful. You can always take a pause and calm down, so I'd recommend you not to get high