Gelato Outdoor, Thread Is she done?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Q_17, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Damn... botrytis? Spider mites?

Sent from my moto e6 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Appreciate it, this girl is the first of many to go outside. That’s why I used the bag seed.
    I am training, never topped her, just continued to crush/roll the various stems and main stalk bend and tie down. Not sure what they call it? Super cropping? I also remove leaves as I see fit as one may cast a shadow.
    I have 6+ heads naturally from pulling her over. It is an attempt on my end to keep air flow up,

The clones that will be put into cycle for now will be under 24/0 for 2-3 weeks before going outdoor for flower.

I like the sound of what you use as soil and feed with.
    I’m using promix and Fox farm nutes at the moment.
    Might swap over to Gaia green or Oregon’s best. Not sure just yet.
    Wish I could get monsters going.
    Just isn’t possible here.
    If I was to gorilla, I’d have to drive 45min one way just to park the car. Not economic, I totally respect that hard work!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nah bud rot. How ever it happened, to high of rh I believe and the bitch was 6’+ so I didn’t ever get a chance to inspect the top cola

4. Cut 75% of the very top most nodes on each of the six tops. That will give you 24, FIM again and that becomes 96. When you supercrop, make sure that after crushing and twisting for 10-60 seconds, that you bend the site and tie it down.

5. I'm fortunate enough to live out in the country and can get 10+ plants worth of yield from 3-4 FIMMED and LST/Supercropped plants...
    Make sure that you only remove 10-15% of impeding fan leaves. Lollipopping three nodes up from the base of the plant will give the bigger tops more energy. You can clone the bottom "sucker branches" as not to waste anything...

6. Botrytis is the same as bud rot...

7. To humid an environment as well as susceptible genetics can lead to bud rot (botrytis). That's an issue I have, fortunately, only experienced twice in 27 years...

8. And there’s your sign of my lack of knowledge.
    Appreciate the insight brother!

I am always driving thru GA for work. I wish I had property up in the NE corner my lord it is beautiful there.

9. Yes it is...and certainly the better of the climate compared to down here...I have an aunt who lives in Jefferson Co.

10. Does the rusty colored spots on various leaves indicate Zn. Issues?

I watered/feed this morning a gal of ph’d 6.53 895ppm

Slightly backed off from last feeding. Also no cal, mag,

I’ll see how she acts when back in town Monday.

11. Came back from another trip and man the terpes are coming in!!

She’s frosted already my lord.

IMG_3170.JPG IMG_3171.JPG IMG_3172.JPG

Probably going to reveg this girl after this harvest. Pretty damn good foundation for new growth for the fall run.

• Like Like x 2
  12. That sounds like phosphorus deficiency.

• Like Like x 1
  13. IMG_3242.JPG IMG_3243.JPG

Gelato looking good, at least in my opinion. This girl, her baby bonsai buddy, and the OCN are so much deeper dark green then the two in the sip.
    I keep feeding them more and more grow big and they aren’t darkening up at all.
    Wondering about putting an earthworm tea down the tube.

14. Did you ever post a harvest report anywhere?

15. [​IMG]
    An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun
    Far from my best efforts. March of 2020 my buddy / grow helper fled to the east coast and I spent much of the year in hiding myself. With the veg shed shut down my yields dropped to record lows. Last summer was a good enough haul to keep me in fair stocks but my off season sets sure took a beating.

Still it's better then nothing and lets me keep a few plants rolling all year. More vegged plants went in the ground when these came down and I'll harvest them in early June and get the summer set in the ground then.

August 1st = Take clones-start seeds.
    Oct 15th = Harvest, Set out vegged plants, clones-seeds.
    Jan. 1st = Same
    March 15th = Same
    June 1st = Same

Every 10 weeks in the off season I Harvest, Set out my 3 foot tall vegged plants in the just harvested holes and take clones off of them.
    3 weeks to root a clone, 7 weeks to veg it up and 10 weeks outside to flower.

BNW

16. Ran east coast? Hey I’m up for a guerrilla co op LOL.

So how many years do you continue off one original pheno? Years ago I read the debate that cloning off of clones further and further diminishes quality. Being said
    you don’t run mums under 24/0?

Im gaining confidence and will probably veg 6-7 weeks on the next set and see how large they end up.

17. A clone is a clone is a clone. It's the same plant endlessly. It can't diminish it's the same plant.
    My cycle got broken when TTS left and I've been dropping seeds like a madman to take up the slack.
    The plan is to take clones of everything this set and get back to running a cluster of Clones again.
    No mothers. Just keep taking cuts off the vegged plants.

BNW

18. Interesting.
    The argument is,
    When revegging, a plants first flowers aren’t as potent as the 2nd harvest. How ever they found that if you continue to flower and reveg, the quality drops after the 4th and on. One fellow had one plant going for 12 years like that.
    Then the argument got started that clone from a clone from a clone is the same stress on the genetics and that fact the genetics only have so much life time.

Here again this what I read... on the internet... LOL so I take it from those with exp before a random article in an issue from high times.

If this is how you have been doing it, this will save me space in having to keep mums. I only have the spacetub to veg in unless I run open shelves in the garage.

Again something new I realized after reading your cycle 20times now,
    Your not keeping moms just cutting from each new ones in the ground. Why that didn’t dawn on me before...