Gelato Outdoor, Thread Is she done?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Q_17, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Candyland just popped her face out. 3/4 so far, only 3 days in pucks. Leaving just WW to pop, Late bloomer already

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Haha, wanna lend some land?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  3. That thin straw from a balloon has proven itself irreplaceable, when it has come to the winds from this front that rolled through. Kept her just rigid enough to not break but build up its own.

She responded very well to the first feeding, mixed very hot to mention, on purpose to see what her limits are and I’ll back off a bit.

One thing that I’m starting to remember is pests are going to be an issue out here, let’s hope her pheno force is strong.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Potassium Bicarbonate for the powdery mildew
    Sodium bicarbonate works too but the sodium is less then ideal (Baking soda)
    1 tablespoon per gallon of water once a week every week start to finish.

BT Thuricide for Caterpillars.
    Bacillus Thuringiensis
    [​IMG]

upload_2021-4-2_16-19-25.jpeg

Once a week every week in flower.
    Caterpillars are hands down your biggest threat.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nice,
    I had some powdered Seven, thought would work. How ever looks like I’ll order some of each you recommended. I do remember having caterpillars a few seasons ago, feed them to our beardie Reptar

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sevin is a formulation from Long ago and is far more toxic then I'm comfortable using.
    ====================================
    How Long Does Sevin Dust Last? The Sevendust insecticide lasts approximately three months.
    ========================= Web grab===============
    Broad spectrum stuff.

Potassium Bicarbonate is a form of baking soda. A fairly benign substance. Used on both table and wine grapes for Mildew control.
    [​IMG]
    Or baking soda
    [​IMG]

BT is a bacterium destroyed by sunlight in a few hours. Not a Chemical Poison. Only works in a caterpillars gut after they eat some treated leaf. Gives them terminal indigestion.

This lets your natural predators like Lady Bugs and Praying Mantis take up residence.

This is all I've used for several years now.

BNW

7. Appreciate it man, this is the first year I’m putting money and time, into getting acceptable meds. Tired of the ol Dealer and their ways, and not going to a brick n mortar store to pay $15+/g for crap no better then the street level crap.

Being said I’m putting togather an order, need to grab some net pots for the new sips for mums. Also have been considering switching from the basic FF triple ferts, to either Gaia Green, slow release all purpose; bloom,
    Seen some amazing results with MrCunucksgrow
    Or
    The Oregon only line, Nectar of the gods. Just it seems there so many different bottles to buy to cover all the basis with them.
    Or
    I’ll stick to FF, and boost with their microbial products.

Ahhh gotta hurry and make a decision too,
    WW popped today, making it 4/4 on the seeds to germ.
    All are fem.

After a lot of strain research, leaning toward keeping the Candyland, and CDG as mums.
    Will Transplant the WW and OCxN seeds to their final homes. after 4 weeks of veg under 20/4 I’ll take clones of the CL and CDG, and move all 4 outside for flower.

I’m also thinking about going to 24/0 now that the clones haven’t died off after 4 days and all seeds have popped.
    Want to get the largest plants outside as possible. And I only achieved plants like this[​IMG]
    From seed afted 2 weeks of 24/0

[​IMG]

The two clones will just go right back outside after the same two weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm a big fan of 24-0 myself.

BNW

9. Got home and removed the Wyze WiFi timer plug and plugged light directly in.

Gotta make a run for some promix and bins now that these girls are becoming young saplings

• Like Like x 1
  10. IMG_3070.JPG
    She got a little hair cut, opened up for the mid buds to build strong. Idk if this is gelato, it’s starting to resemble the Frosted Flakes males I had to kill. All bag seed. So who really knows

The others sprouting are legit known genetics.

IMG_3071.JPG

Some other fruits in the garden

IMG_3072.JPG IMG_3075.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sooo today starts week 3 of flower. She has some minor leaf blemishes here and there.
    Will water/feed tomorrow as she got a down pour from a crazy strong storm that rolled thru the area yesterday.
    (Poor 17yrold, got her car caught on for by falling power lines, she jumped out of her car to escape, however stepping on the live power lines killing her. Just down the road from same storm) God Bless

Will then see how she’s looking in a few days.

Came home to my very first set of rooted clones, with new sets of leaves in!
    Going to harden them up a bit more in the soil plug before moving one to 24/0 as a mum, other into. Fabric sip for outside flowering :)

Also today starts day one of magnum autos life. Sowed her seed last week in a 17gal tub of promix and earthworm castings and she’s sprouted above ground today with first set of leaves.

Before I left for work last week, I went ahead and half way took y’all’s advice on needing to thin the flowers to reduce chance of mold. I rolled the main stalk back in forth in my fingers as I also slowly crushed the outer layers, in a fair decent 2” section. Then tied down 4 lower branches and then the main top half down at almost a 90* angle, without creasing her at all.
    Thinking this would get the flowers growing up individually instead of a larger bug vertically along the stem. In theory giving more airflow to the flowerS, essentially from all sides.

This is the results 4 days later.
    IMG_3114.JPG IMG_3115.JPG IMG_3116.JPG

Advice and constructive criticism always appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  12. Did a little more lst yesterday, defol’d a bit on the leaves and thinned out some leaves from random flowers where it seemed cramped for airflow.

I will not allow bud rot!
    Pictures coming shortly

13. IMG_3136.JPG IMG_3137.JPG IMG_3138.JPG IMG_3139.JPG

Hope All the training, helped instead of hurting

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. One clone from her, is back under 24/0
    Other one is outside for flower.

I think after BnW extensive research, some veg time is critical. Unless I want a couple bowls of meds from each little cutting. So the whole cut to flower idea not going to work.
    I need at least 2-3 ozs a plant. Can I get that while keeping them short and stout?

Should I start to use something like mainlining when veg And just keep bending the main shoot over laterally letting it grow side ways not upways?

15. Thanks man,

Other recommendations was to thin out every other flower. And I might have to do that come the summer run with the tropical daily thunderstorms type climate is here again. How ever this was just a bag seed experiment to dial in soil and the whole indoor veg outdoor flower idea, before wasting “good”genetics.

I’m hoping the bending and tying will be enough. If I get a couple smokable nugs from her I’ll be happy

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oh that sucks. Florida area? Either way high humidity sucks for flowering. I know some that grow sativa dominant flowers too to try and combat the risk of bud rot and all that shit that goes with the higher RH.

17. Yeah,
    Never really thought about the sativa dom.
    I do have a white widow seedling just taken off out there. But according to my list I have all indica mainly dom strains...

Got the wife to agree to new tents in the garage. So I’ve already been thinking of ways to combat this.

I lost the entire half top half of the main cola on a lemon kush run last year. Lost damn near 2 ozs over night.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Was hoping to run across a bean in my last few batches of Gelato#33, but, alas...no such luck.
    Found a Gorilla Glue #4, a Island Sweet Skunk and a Sour Diesel seed that are about 6 weeks along.
    Congrats on your lady and happy harvesting!
    Are you training?
    I, personally, FIM multiple times, until I have between 64 and 128 tops, outdoors, incorporating LST and Supercropping on every top. I have grown some MONSTERS!
    I live in GA and have to guerilla grow, after vegging 24/0 and acclimating them to the sunlight, then watch it grow. I rarely have to utilize anything besides Magnesium Sulfate and Some P and K, depending on the genetics, as I began using Coast of Maine raised bed soil. The Platinum grower's is basically the same, without the composted branch fragments and have everything for every stage of growth...
    I use lentil sprout tea and aged bat guano to top dress, during flowering...

Sent from my moto e6 using Grasscity Forum mobile app