Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Frustrated with bud review pages not having enough information. waffle cone?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by throatgorge, Jan 26, 2021.

1. I have three strains to choose from and I tell you, I had banana kush and it puts me to sleep and relaxes the shit out of me better than any strain I've found. The bud review pages NEVER seem to list the CBD content of the weed-- and I am pretty sure the sedating effect of Banana Kush is due to it's higher CBD content. Seems like this would be very handy for me, since I need a night time sleep aid, and more handy for my friend who gets too much anxiety smoking sativa strains.
    Starry night is a bad ass strain that I loved, but I don't remember it being especially sedating.
    Slazerbeam I know nothing about other than it's sativa heavy?
    Waffle Cone indica heavy, but I can find exactly ZERO reviews of it.
    I think I want to go with the waffle cone because it is an indica, but has anyone had it? How does it compare to banana kush? Cause banana kush I can smoke it, turn off the lights, and just get lost in reverie until the curtains fall. Just LOVE it.
    Anyhow those are the three strains available to me as an employee discount and can afford an ounce of it.
    I know Starry night is the bomb I had it years ago and when it was going around town, EVERYBODY was raving about how dank it was!!!!

2. Do you have to choose? Get some of each. I personally like to mix it up, call me crazy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. yeah, he wants to sell em by the ounce and I am pretty broke most of the time. I got Sativas out the wing wang, but Starry night is so bomb, I'm sorely tempted to get that. I'm buying cartirdges too. Maybe I'll get the starry night and see if he has any cartridges that are sleep inducing supermellow high CBD indicas.

4. I use indica autoflowers mostly for sleep.
    There is tremendous variability for me in the quality of sleep different strains produce.

It's unlikely to be the CBD that causes banana kush to work well for you.
    Typically there is only a small fraction of 1% cbd in most strains that don't claim to have high cbd.
    CBD is a mild stimulant, and if a strain has more than about 0.5% CBD, it doesn't work for me.

THC is the sleepy stuff, and I'd highly recommend sticking with what works.
    But rotating among several different strains will help keep tolerance from building.

5. Waffle Cone seems to not have reviews because it is a relatively new strain, or so it seems. Anyway it was the right choice for my friend because I can tell it is high in CBD-- no short term memory impairment, no racing thoughts, and it seems to be a a good pain reliever.
    I gotta learn this stuff because I'm going to likely be a bud tender very soon. First you learn that indica has more CBD, but then you learn that how mellow it is has more to do with terpines, but then you learn that CBD is something that gives you a more clear headed and lucid high, so it isn't strictly black and white. And yeah, while the THC is the sleepy stuff, the CBD kind of dampens the more distracting aspects of getting stoned. And it is anxiolytic as well. Slazerbeam is described as "clear" and "focused" but is sativa heavy, so it seems like it would be similar to harlequin? My boss doesn't smoke weed himself, so when he opens his dispensary he's going to want me to try out a lot of different strains. That'll be fun. I tried to buy all three, but he only wanted to distribute these an ounce at a time. He's already setting up shop ahead of it being recreational in our state. The vote is supposed to be this month, but I haven't heard any news yet.
    Anyway I'm going to be doing a lot of research on weed, so thanks everyone, for your answers.

6. Hi Throat.
    I've found any strain I've tried with the terp Limonene has a very sedative effect on me.
    Also herb that's been flowered well into amber has the same effect.
    Hth

• Like Like x 1
  7. Strain doesnt mean all that much. I could grow "banana kush" in my organic soil under cmh light with a 10 week flower while a commercial grow runs it in coco with bottled nutes under hps in a 8 week flower run. the end results will be completely different even though it started as the same strain.