Frisian Duck (Aussie Bastard Weed)

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Digger, Mar 30, 2021.

1. G'day GC, so I've got a boggle.

I grew the Frisian Duck strain from Dutch Passion and i can't get bloody st:GettingStoned:ned of this gear:confused_2:. It's been pickling in the jar for 3 odd months and the smell is ok i guess considering it did smell like hay.

So is it possible the Aussie Bastard Weed "trait" has arisen in this plant? I mean it was supposed to be breed out wasn't it:confused_2:.
    IMG_20210331_065517.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. I dont know about the ABC trait but that plant does not look potent at all. Definitely not a potent pheno.

• Like Like x 1
  3. It was a great fun plant to grow, very interesting but it never really seemed to ripen. The pistil ratio between old & new was never really happened, and the trichomes wouldn't get passed clear.
    IMG_20201223_075029.jpg

So Dutch Passion said an 8 week strain, this is 11 weeks as it was starting to Rodeliz a fair bit. So leaving it that long would definitely not of helped hey as the THC would have started to convert to CBD.

I think this is what i mean:confused_2:...

4. I'd be tempted to send that to a lab in the us...it be worth the $50-$100 for the info ...

then email Dutch Passion with a link to this thread lol

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thought about trying that simply for the name. Did it have the odd shaped leaves?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shit happens, even with normal strains. Sucks but I would just toss it and start another plant.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Looks like you just got a shit pheno. Looks healthy aside from low trichs

• Like Like x 2
  8. It has a very high leaf to flower ratio, and not a lot of trichomes either...

Sent from my moto e6 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Yup. Hight flower to leaf ratio, as well...

10. Sugar leaf isnt necessarily a bad thing when it looks like this....

P3170367.JPG

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. . Still, I'm just saying that the calyx is the main determiner of the potency.
    Nice plant!

• Like Like x 1
  12. oh yeah. As good as that sugar leaf looks, i still trimmed it.