Freakbro's Pest and Plant pit stop

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Freakbro1, May 5, 2010.

1. got 12 plants in veg in my new greenhouse. got something eating the leaves but i don't see anything. must come out at night. from my gardening experience it say its a caterpillar of some kind. i sprayed with neem about every 4 days and the bastards are still eating them! i even drenched the soil. also been spraying w/ homemade habanero pepper/ garlic spray and the fuckers are still at it! what else could i use? I've also sprayed the whole inside of the greenhouse with the pepper/ garlic. smells so strong it takes your breath away but those bastards are still in there! thinking of trying spinosad. anyone use this on weed?

2. What can I Spray for russet mites during flowering?

3. #3143 brendanptolemy, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Hey guys, relatively new, flowering my second grow now.

Problem: Mites

Blue dream(3) & OG Kush(3)
    Day 44 of flower
    Potted in ProMix
    GH Nutes
    1200W of LED

I picked up a 800x USB microscope because I knew I had Mites before, picked one fan leaf at random.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little 800x video, skip ahead to the last 8 seconds, I’m pretty sure she lays an egg :/

So, what do I got? The double whatever mite? Or are there two species there? What can do I about treatment, being so close to harvest? Can I hit them right now with some Dr. Doom spider mite knockout? It’s lights out for another 4 hours. What about a insecticide soap?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. That is a spider mite, they look like armored tanks black with whitish legs

5. I did a search on this thread and wondered if anyone ever discussed Russet Mites!!! (WARNING YOU DO NOT WANT THESE)
    I had a run in with these a couple years ago. I was able to find a pest treatment for them but it is big time expensive for the treatment on a large operation. However, I'm a single grower in Colorado and the company that made it allowed a sample three small vials to be sent to me for free. One dose killed em all. I still have two vials - though they seem to have changed in color so may not be effective anymore.

I would have to go down an dig up the details from the basement.

From my research these were engineered by USA to kill cannabis in Mexico. They just dropped them from a plane over the old cartels plants. They still exist on clones from clone stores. here is a pic. they look like a tiny worm with three fingers on one end, the middle one seems to be there just to flip you off.
    rsz-hemp-russet-mite-640x401.jpg

here is an article: The Eleventh Plague: Hemp Russet Mites | The Marijuana Times

6. Are those the larva or the adult russet mite? Gross either way!

Wanna Ship me on of those vials? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Those are the Hemp Russet Mite adults. My infestation was only a few mites. I got it with a clone from a friend who got it from a friend. They were still just a few nodes big when I sprayed. I helped him identify it and we both sent out for those vials - I'll be damned I can't find the company's brand name. I claimed I was a Med Care Giver, Which allows up to 99 plants here in CO so they were more eager to send help samples for me. Really I just do the state limit per person.

I just found the info, its called Guardian 100% natural used for spider mites in one application Russet Mites may need to be treated 3 times. The card says it is exempt from EPA under FIFRA section 25(b). Company name: All In Enterprises out of Illinois.

• Like Like x 1
  8. So Hold That thought I just found this article: Oregon stops sales of Guardian Mite Spray after lab finds contamination So it is a listed banned product in CO now. As I said I used it a couple years ago and the plants were only a few nodes tall. Cornell Univ. findings: Abamectin

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hey Blades haven't been on in a long minute...Can anyone tell me what this is? Found on lower branches of a grape krypt in a greenhouse. about 1 mm long, fast mover. Caught it with a piece of blue tape from above so this shot is from underneath.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1

10. I am a couple months into my outdoor season and for the most part my plants look great. But there is something that I can’t find a solid answer for/from anyone. On some of the branches and new leaves there is some extreme twisting and mutation happening and I was wondering what is the cause. Is this a cause of pests? Broad mites? Thanks!

11. Hey everyone, found this sucker in the grow room and gave him the flick of doom. Bugs give me the skeevies but anyway, anyone know wtf this thing is? Did I kill an innocent? Or was irradiation a wise move and should I begin freaking out?

What to do what to do?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Figured it out, :( I killed a good guy :( he was an assassin bug pretty bad ass, but in hindsight they do bite humans pretty hard and I’m terrified of bugs but should be ok I kinda hope there are some more in my room but if there aren’t pests then they wouldn’t make it too long. I do have a lot of fungus gnats in the cubic yard of soil. Probably why he was there in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. What page is russet mites I can't find nothing maybe am blind please direct me .or if you have any info on russet mites I would love to hear it
    Thanks for your time

14. Get a microscope and make sure it is 60x or higher so you can look and find out good luck and if mites like russet have fun because they are hard to get rid if at least for me. I been trying all kinds of stuff for organic use of course. There tuff

15. LMBO didn't look at the last page

16. will give a description, pics if I can, and a treatment. I am starting this thread in movie4k forum because we are
    the ones that deal with this constantly, year round.

17. #3157 Patricia Clemons, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Stopping by the pest pit stop, any idea what kind of any this is and if it's harmful? Bunch just appeared. Everywhere

Don't tell me the ants are airdropping aphids now.

Either way I'm ladybugs up the wazoo around here IMG_20200915_183001.jpg

If
    Don't carpenter ants eat wood

18. #3158 Patricia Clemons, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Here's one without wings IMG_20200915_190324.jpg
    Wonder if mulch attracted, or an old piece of wood

19. I hate those buggers lol, i just got me some BT last week and seems to be working great, i was also thinking about draping a cheesecloth over at night so that the moths cant land and lay eggs. my plant was in a stunted state and didn't really think little cats could effect the growth so much.

20. I hate budworms. I harvested another citradelic sunset girl and while trimming it I noticed eggs ALL OVER a couple colas, but I couldn't see them till I had the plant on a table and leveled with me which is why I never caught the bastards laying eggs. I saved probably an ounce of bud or so that was mostly un tainted , and bathed the buds in water first, then water with baking soda, and plain water on the third washing hoping the rest is thoroughly cleaned. I do this with all my harvests but I was wondering..... would the eggs have simply washed off, or was I right to sadly through fire bud away because it was riddled with eggs. Thanks guys :)