Flower Fuel in Coco

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Another_Noun, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Hey y’all I just got some Flower Fuel. I’m growing indoor in coco.
    Questions:
    1. Should I use Flower Fuel every day, or...?
    2. I noticed my run-off ph was 6.3; going in it was 5.9. WTH is that and how can I fix it?

Thx in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Don't pay attention to your run off or you'll be chasing your tail........as long as you make sure the pH is correct going in, you're good.
    Can't help with Flower Fuel..........I don't use additives.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ok thx.

4. The runoff will usually show different values as it's carrying some of the old unused nutrients out of the medium.
    Are you using some quality base nutrients? If not you definitely should be. Lol
    Flower Fuel ...... marketing gone wrong, no plant needs that much Phosphorus

• Like Like x 1
  5. I am; yes.
    So you’re not a fan?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plants don't need any of those supplements.
    It's just a way for the companies to make money..........and unfortunately the uninformed believe all the hype and buy all that crap.
    My nutrients cost me about $18 per grow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I used to use these PK boosters also but the more I learned about growing plants it became obvious that these formulas make no sense, plants just don't need that much Phosphorus. There's actually some new science that is cannabis specific done by Dr Bugbee's crew proving exactly this. "Researchers Debunk Cannabis Growing Myths | Trending | Labroots" Researchers Debunk Cannabis Growing Myths | Trending | Labroots
    I still use Silca but other than that just base nutrients GH Flora series all the pieces are there.
    Base nutrients grow below

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cool. Last few grows I kept it simple, but I saw the FF and thought I’d try it. Think I’ll just continue to keep it simple. Thx for the input.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Flower fuel works great but like most nutes out there you should feed what they need not some huge amount that causes more issues. I use about 1/4 dose in coco. I've used it on tomatoes but they didn't taste that good. Kinda bitter.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Flower fuel works great but like most nutes out there you should feed what they need not some huge amount that causes more issues. I use about 1/4 dose in coco. I've used it on tomatoes but they didn't taste that good. Kinda bitter.

11. Not bad. I started getting a deficiency and added it but I'm starting to see that. I might have to read this.

I also upped my calmag and this is also a step I don't think I need. I'm using maxibloom and it's a 3 on cal...

12. Mick I think I know what's happening to all these new coco growers.
    But basically the medium needs nutrition to keep the ph right. If it drys out in between feeding the nutes turn into salts that hurt your ec/ph. The nutes are the cations that are being exchanged.

If your exchanging just water or letting all the water dry up there will be issues because the cations are getting flushed and that means that your medium is not holding the nutes and making them available. Or they turn to salt build up. I think that's it

13. After reading the responses, I returned the product and went back to keeping it simple. Thx for the replies. :passtheshit: