Flower based Concentrate

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by ShifeOG_DabKing, Feb 12, 2019.

1. #1 ShifeOG_DabKing, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    What does flower based mean? I picked up some concentrate over the weekend and it says flower based.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It means they use flower from the plant to extract from, rather than trim, shake, or hash.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. #3 ShifeOG_DabKing, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Does that make it any better or what are the pros and cons of this method?

4. Concentrates from flower are definitely good

Quality of concentrate (based on the starting material being good quality) is going to be, from best to worst:
    1) Concentrates made from hash - since hash is already concentrated, further concentrating it makes it very strong.
    2) Concentrates from flower - The best concentrates on the market (not including hash) will come from flower, whether they are making Rosin, BHO, CO2 oil etc.
    3) Concentrates from shake - Shakes is basically what is in the bottom of the bag when you buy a bag of flower, just the weed that has fallen off the flower at the bottom of the bag.
    4) Concentrates from trim - Trim is what is trimmed off the flowers that we don't want to smoke (mostly the leaves). Trim still has some THC on it, so you can make concentrates from it but they won't be as good as flower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dude.....you are awesome! Thank you my man!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Since your on a roll...lbvs, what about Sugar wax? Pros & cons

7. Sugar wax is more of a consistency than anything, I like some sugars, they are usually really terpy think of putting a little water in a bowl of sugar and mixing it around, kind of that slushy substance would be the consistency.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Great, that always improvised means save and speed up the process :smoking-bong:

9. What concentrates (if any) don't instantly turn to liquid when heated?

10. Kief and Hash.
    [​IMG]
    This is 160 micron Dry Ice Kief just minutes out of a 240F oven for decarb.

BNW