Fish tank fed cannabis

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SirInfi, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Ok so I started a seed that my buddy gave me.

She sprouted fairly slow, but once I started feeding with water from my 125 gallon predator tank, she exploded in growth.

Here is at a early stage. May 30
    [​IMG]

Recently june 8
    [​IMG]

The soil was 'organic' by home depot standards, not sure if true or not.

I will probably do compost again, just so busy with work and home stuff.

I will add another picture of today's progress.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Just took this now june 14
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. #3 SirInfi, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Also got a few others that sprouted recently.
    They will get the same treatment, fish tank water only.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Looking good man! Fish poo has a lot of N in it among other great nutrients, so you’ll prolly want to switch to plain water towards the 2-3 week of flower. What nutrients are in the soil you bought?

“You are unlimited!”
    Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

5. I have no idea what's in the soil to be honest. Some organic stuff from home depot. I know it's not great but read it would work.

I did get some black gold soil for the newer sprouts.

6. #6 SirInfi, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Little update.

Put a sprout into a cloth bag with black and gold natural and organic soil, heard it was a decent soil to use, especially for a non experienced person like me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My other sprouts, you can see where I ripped one out for the cloth bag.
    https://i.imgur.com/0N3KrCT.jpg
    [​IMG]

I have 4 bags left, so I will be ordering the super soil organic concentrate and mix it with the black and gold soil for the other sprouts.

Let me know what you think!

7. What causes this yellowing of the leaves?
    [​IMG]
    It is only on 1 lead on the 1st node (bottom).

8. i don't think anything causes it that you did. varigation is what it's called.

so what type of predators do you have? what are the specs of tank water? is this a cichlid tank or soft water fish?

9. It's a 125 gallon bichir tank. They only eat shrimp or frozen fish.

I would have to do a water test later to give you any parameters.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Little update

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. June 30

She seems to be growing strong while the sprouts haven't shown much growth at all.

[​IMG]

12. What’s sprouts? Plant looks nice and healthy.

“You are unlimited!”
    Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

13. If you look at the previous pictures the sprouts are probably half inch bigger in the amount of time.

14. Do they stay in direct sunlight all day? Could be to much light, can put shade cloth over it to help protect them until they’re bigger.

15. That's weird because the 1st one that got really big was in the pot since seed in direct sun.

Maybe I'll move them to a more shady area.

16. Little update. Been busy with my birthday month hehe.

Main plant is growing fine, the other sprouts have grown like half an inch a month. Something has to be wrong with them.

Here's the main girl.
    [​IMG]

17. Im assuming you have a planted aquarium or gold fish and feed your plant the tanks water, yes? Just seen predator tank lol lets see it.

Have you tried using fish emulsion, its basically fish poop in a jug. Just Nitrogen correct?

Have you thought about boiling banana skins for P nutes?

Sent from my screen to yours!

18. They are probably growing slow cause of how big the pot is they are in. Unless they are autoflowers you need to start out in smaller pots then transplant

19. Technically goldfish would eat live fish that fits into its mouth, making them a predator.
    My fish are bichirs, which only eat fish or shrimp.

Ever since moving to the beach my tank has been in a slum compared to its former glory. But water is good and fish are healthy.

Here it is now.
    [​IMG]

A year ago.
    [​IMG]