Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe First time with tinctures need assistance plz

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Invictus4426, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Hello !
    Just got medical card and wanted to make my own tinctures ..
    I have mbm2 and purchased the decarb box and the extra filters ..

I used the everclear 190 proof , the recipe I used was 2 cups cold everclear to 17g of good bud . Cooked for 4 hrs like machine said

I strained the tincture when it was done through All the filters and I got nice clean tincture and this IMG_1455.JPG was left in the bag .. I saved it because it looked and smelled too good to discard

A) what is it
    B) what can I do with it eat or smoke it ?
    I’m very new and would really like assistance

Also I didint wear gloves while squeezing this out and I got nailed after making it I think it went into my skin through my hands

Please advise and be nice it’s my first time and I’m here for guidance

Thank you IMG_1450.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1

2. Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

Check out that thread if you need help dude :smoke:

3. You read over 1000 pages ??:laughing: if you reply to the thread someone will be able to help you :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  4. No !! I scanned it .. I’m new man
    I didint see anything about the leftover stuff I had in the filters

5. No !! Lol but wow this is the Bible for tinctures

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alcohol strips the cannabinoids in the first few seconds of contact with the cannabis. All that is left is trash.
    Toss it.

[​IMG]

I do it cold with the alcohol just out of the freezer.
    A near full quart jar of decarbed bud scraps. (240 F for 40 minutes uncovered).
    A full fifth of 190-151 proof everclear.
    Combine and shake 10 seconds then squeeze out the weed with a potato ricer.
    Done.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Wow no kidding ?

you don’t think that this is useable

8. Empty trichome husks. Throw it away. Nothing left in it. :)

9. That a quick freezer cold alcohol wash could remove more than about 60% of the medicine seems unlikely to me.
    Trichomes aren't the only place cannabinoids might be.
    Have you done or heard of tests done on strained out sludge?

I want to be wrong, because I spend a lot of time doing long soak tinctures.
    Judging only from the color (yes, it's chlorophyll dominated), a 1 hour room temp soak gets about 70%, the next 4 hours another 20%, and overnight the remaining 10%.

I don't see why chlorophyll isn't a good proxy for cannabinoids.

10. Oh, yes, I've tested and tested and tested. The bud and every other step including the leftovers. I do more than just the quick wash because it's not a quick wash. I soak it for 2 hours back in the freezer and then there is a rinse. The longer you soak the lower your cannabinoid percentage will be, not by much, due to the additional plant compounds you're extracting along with it. You can't judge by the color always. :)

11. Forgive me for being too lazy to look thru your stuff, and just asking instead.

To get as high a percentage of the medicine as practical using EC190, and leaving as much unwanted stuff behind as possible, what exact soaking method do you recommend?

I remove all the alcohol, and replace it with a small amount of oil, so the unwanted chlorophyll and waxes don't bother me, or detract from potency.

12. I use rosin press bags for soaking and containment of my decarbed flower.

Attached Files:

13. How do you remove the alcohol.. this tastes horrible !!!

14. Not a problem.

I'm a medical user so I want some of those other compounds because they do have some benefits and and there are some cannabinoids embedded in the leaf structure instead of the trichome heads. There are different trichome structures that don't break the surface so I like to let my tincture soak for a couple of hours. I also like it as clean as possible so I soak it in the freezer to inhibit as much of the chlorophyll as I can. It's probably not necessary but I do it.

I feel that gets me a well rounded tincture. When I first started I let it soak 24 hours then put the wet strained material back in the freezer for 24 hours before the second run. That was overkill but I did that for a couple of years. My thread was based on that initially but it was very green and not very tasty but still better than Wu's or any of the heated methods but I knew I could do better.

I found the 2 hour soak seemed to work well while providing a clean and pleasing product. I have tested some that went up to several months of soaking and each time the percentages were slightly lower than the 2 hour soak.

When you include a quick rinse after you've strained it you can gain an additional 25% total potency when reduced. I have quite a few lab tests that attest to that. It makes a big difference. If you were to reduce that to RSO like you do you might see a bit of a difference in yield but probably not much.

I believe the best tincture is a natural decarbed one. No heat involved at all. The material is not decarbed and is extracted using the freezer method. Reduction is by natural evaporation. Once it's been strained and filtered it sits in a dark cupboard for 4 months for full decarb. It retains its natural terpenes and other compounds, flavonoids, esters, etc. :)

15. Put your dose in a shot of water and swish it around in your mouth for a while then swallow. No burn. :mellow:

16. Mix

Attached Files:

17. still get the same effects ??

18. Yep. :)

19. Wow the little bit of water made the whole diff !!!
    Thank you Sam !!!

• Like Like x 1