Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time high and depersonalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by blueworm, Mar 29, 2014.

1. This happens to everyone to some degree. Basically it took your brain a week to bounce back the normal Dopamine levels. When you smoke weed or anything for that matter, a chemical is released from your brain called Dopamine. This is the chemical that when released, makes you feel good. You smoked for the first time so for the first time you've have a massive amount of dopamine released. It takes time to rebuild those levels to normal so for a few days you function with a negative level of Dopamine instead of a neutral level.

Most of us that smoke frequently or even less than frequent bounce back our Dopamine levels quicker so we don't get these chemical hangovers.

Cocaine does the same thing for me as weed did for you, except sevenfold. I do not recommend trying it to find out.

2. I actually miss the depersonalization. It gave me a neutral attitude towards everything. Writing papers and shit didn't stress me out or make me mad, it was just something to do

3. hahah such an intense high for ur first time

4. Guys I smoked a joint a week ago and I still feel high. Is this my life now?

5. Not tryin to be an ass, but suck it up and get over it. It's all in your head, LOSE THAT MINDSET.

6. This happened to me. The only thing you can do is give it time

~Fev123 GC Forums

7. I’m guessing dude prob hasn’t fell off the wagon all his post are about him struggling with being high.

8. Hey Buddy,

I am writing to you to inform you that you are not alone..I smoked a joint on friday I.e 2nd of April 2020 and went through the same phase. I was also scared and panicked for about 3 to 4 days. Even I lost my senses and became emotionless..I did not want be that way and tried hard to overcome the feeling..
    Let me tell you what I did in the hope that it might help you..
    First be strong let all the negative thoughts be distracted, you can do this by talking to friends and family.
    Second focus on one thing at a time. If you are not able to sleep then try hard to sleep without any additional help like pills or alcohol..exercise and make your body tired ..fight the thoughts with just one thought that you want to sleep even if it takes hours doesn't matter..
    Third, try to focus on getting one emotion at a time like sex, that should be able to make you feel again..
    Try this and let me know..and I hope that you recover soon..

• Like Like x 1
  9. You could also view this entire experience you had as an enlightening experience. The thc and cannabis amplified your feelings and thoughts, and perhaps also scrambled it at times causing some fear.