First time at recirculating hydro

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by chemeke1130, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Pretty dead in here, but I shall continue to journal. Some photos from the northern light /big bud auto and gelato auto. I ended up lowering the water level a lot more because I felt like it would help with root oxygenation. I also started some soil gelatos in the other tent. Figured I might as well since the tent was all set up anyway.

IMG_5478.JPG IMG_5477.JPG

Auto gelato. These are looking very nice compared to the nl/bigbud at that age. Obviously had to figure some things out but I think I have it figured out and zeroed in.

IMG_5475.JPG IMG_5476.JPG

The northern light is wicked small compared to my other autos I've grown so I'm sure I stunted or at some point.

Ph- 5.55
    Ppm 630-660
    16/8 light schedule
    Tent 70-73 *f 33% Rh
    Using general hydro nutes, southern AG GFF, fishsh!t, and Cal-mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. Looks much better ! slightly yellow though, looks like she wants some nitrogen. Other than that they are chugging along!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yea they’re going good

• Like Like x 1
  4. The ones is super green, the gelato...so idk if it’s really a nitrogen issue compared to genetics. If I wasn’t so afraid of throwing the one in N toxicity I would probably add some but it’s also in flower now so I’m not too worried about it. The northern lights was totally a practice [​IMG] IMG_5487.JPG IMG_5488.JPG

Got my gelato in some soil as well since the other tent was just sitting there.

5. Doing some more training on them today. Another round of lst clips and things seem to be doing really well.
    IMG_5533.JPG IMG_5534.JPG IMG_5535.JPG IMG_5536.JPG IMG_5537.JPG IMG_5544.JPG IMG_5545.JPG IMG_5547.JPG IMG_5548.JPG IMG_5549.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice journal bud. Following to see how those hydro do.
    I also have the fallponic system from PAHydro, same 2 bucket, 13 gal each setup, but in 4x4 tent. First time using it and seem to be working great as 2 plants easily fill 4x4 screen.

Good luck bud and good work so far.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks man really appreciate it

8. Little update on the hydro grow. Things are doing well, for some reason the hairs are turning orange already, never experienced that so fast but whatever could be genetics.

IMG_5617.JPG IMG_5618.JPG IMG_5619.JPG IMG_5620.JPG IMG_5605.JPG

Ph is being a jerk and keeps dipping below 5.5 not by much but I’m really trying to keep it controlled.
    Room temp is 70s
    Watertemp 68
    Ppm 700-900 trying to get her down a little

16/8 light schedule

Using only general hydro, hydrogaurd, cal-mag, hydroplex and fish shit

• Like Like x 2
  9. IMG_5825.JPG IMG_5827.JPG IMG_5826.JPG

Probably another 3-4 weeks on the auto northernlight x big bud and another 7-8 on the gelato auto.

Growth is going well for both plants
    Water temp, ph and ppm the same as usual

• Like Like x 1
  10. The northern light is filing out well. Buds are starting to stack and will hopefully swell up.

Gelato are just going into flower. It's a hell of a plant one of the nicer ones I've ever grown, especially since it's my first attempt at hydro.

IMG_5871.JPG IMG_5872.JPG IMG_5876.JPG IMG_5873.JPG

11. Nice journal, how did it finish?

• Like Like x 1