First time at recirculating hydro

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by chemeke1130, Feb 7, 2021.

1. I have two northern light autos x big buds
    Recirculating hydro by PA hydroponics.
    13 gallon square buckets and a 13 gallon res.
    Nutrients used- general hydroponic, hydro guard, fish sh!t, liquid karma.
    Using a mix joy gl-2000 budget light. (I have way nicer but I’m saving them for when I move)
    Res temp is 69 using the aqua heater otherwise it was in the 50s due to basement floor.

Ppm- 375, ph-5.75 18/6 light schedule. I’m sure I’ll be fucking this one up hard so here goes some practice IMG_4951.JPG IMG_4952.JPG IMG_4953.JPG IMG_4954.JPG IMG_4955.JPG IMG_4956.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. Looks good. Be careful though, 375 ppm might be a little too hot for those seedlings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I agree, I’m hoping it dies down a little before the roots are long enough to touch the water splashes
    - for now I’m using bottled water and self watering until then

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not much more going on. The little bellsprouts are still merging.
    Current temp-68* res 75 environment very cold today and tent won’t get above that with the fans going.
    PH-5.68
    Ppm- 386
    18/6 light
    Topped the res with some tap water to dilute it down a little
    IMG_5028.JPG IMG_5030.JPG

5. fill up the holes until you cant get any light into the water.
    Bury the cubes so algae wont start growing

• Like Like x 2
  6. Love the setup, I want a PA hydro system but not sure the exact set up im looking for. Have the SF2000 2x4 tent kit and have only used soil.

What size/brand tent are you using? How come you went with the 13 gal buckets instead of the 8 gal?

Thank you for any input!

• Like Like x 1
  7. First, I’m super sad to say that I forgot to water my one sprout today, she has withered and I’m unsure if it will bounce back. I’m Crossing my fingers. I have a 2x4 grow tent I’ll post the picture of it. I went with the 13 gallon just for more room for roots and the ability to hold more water which would decrease the amount I have to top it off.
    I’ve never grown hydro seriously so it’s a learning curve.

8. Yeah, exact opposite problem. I ended up forgetting to throw some water on them today and had a 13 hour clinical, and it withered.

9. Oh man, that’s no fun to hear about the baby! But at least it was early on, it has time to recover. The larger water amount and larger space for roots makes total sense. I thought about using the float valve attached to another reservoir just in case I needed to step away.

Looks like you have the vivosun tent, the green and black one. I bet those 13 gal fallponics buckets can have some huge plants haha. Should fill up the whole tent with those 2

10. That’s what I’m thinking just going to rock two and lst the shit out of them. I looked at the withered . It’s tap root still looked healthy but the actual stem and leaf still doesn’t look healthy lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I’m not trying to do anything more than provide for me and the wife, we are averaging around 75 grams a month. I smoke over half that myself lol, sometime I smoke more sometime a smoke less. 2 plants with a perpetual grow gives me enough, but if it’s there I smoke it haha. Hoping the hydro gives me a bigger yield.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Little update, I pulled the one that withered away, after days of trying to help it and get it to recover I think it was just too late. There was not growth or stem strengthening. I ended up dropping a new seed an auto gelato from sensible seeds. Messing up always leaves the more room for learning. The original northern light / big bud seems to be doing good, the ppm might still be a little hot on it and adding more water to the system isn’t diluting it down. I want to say nitrogen deficiency due to the yellowing but I’m afraid to cook them up if I add more solution.
    Ph- 5.70
    Ppm- 350-440
    Res temp 68*f
    Light cycle 18/ 6
    Northern light x big bud on left
    Dead northern light on right
    New auto gelato now in the right
    Added some hydro guard this morning.
    IMG_5098.JPG IMG_5097.JPG IMG_5096.JPG IMG_5093.JPG

13. Are you using Rockwool or just dropping the germinated seed in the pebbles?

14. Using a rapid rooter cube

15. Poor little girl just didn’t want to be in this world
    I guess

16. Who does these days

17. I mean they get me high, I can only imagine how they feel lololololol

18. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So progress has been great, my new seedling has sprouted and seems to be doing okay. My northern Light x big bud also seems to be doing good.

I just retopped the res and added in some more hydrogaurd to keep the roots healthy.

Ppm is high 700 still and idk why, it did go up after I added hydrogaurd, which I didn't think would spike the levels that much.

Ph is 5.5-6.3 religiously.

Temp is always 70-75 and the humidity usually around 35 I've tried to get it higher but I'm having difficulty. So it is what it is.

19. Growth seems to be decent. I just did a full water change two days ago. Noticed some deficiencies going on so changed water and added nutes and phed down slightly.
    Ph is running at 6.10 ppm is finally down to where I feel comfortable @ 430. Temp 71-75 and humidity is still in the 30s. Roots are white with a tint of brown I think that was from the mistake of adding the organic nutes a while back. Added some hydro guard to help whiten them up.

IMG_5280.JPG IMG_5284.JPG IMG_5282.JPG IMG_5279.JPG

20. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

A few updated pics. Pretty sure I got the feed cycle on point now. The leaves I zoomed in on were definitely burned at the beginning of the grow due to a super high ppm.

Ph sitting at 5.7 ppm is around 450-510, rh is still low at 35%, and temp is always 70-75*f.