First Outdoor Run Socal

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Radson7, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Popped these beans 1/9/21, vegged inside for 3 months and just put outside to have their 1st full day outside be 4/20 easy to remember! Using fox farm ocean forest, in ~60gal bags we will see how it goes cause it gets HOT here, this will be my first solo outdoor run.
    Left to right: LB1(leggy bitch), MS4 (personal genetics), Strawberry Cough (canuk seeds), Bruce Banner (canuk seeds) 20210419_125326.jpg 20210419_131752.jpg 20210419_131741.jpg 20210419_131735.jpg 20210419_131727.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. what type of pot is that ...?

cheers

3. Are they time matched at 15-9 or 16-8 ??
    Still to early IME.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Need to Get a couple of 1 gallon sprayers.
    One for Potassium Bicarbonate. (Powdery Mildew)
    And one for BT Thuricide for the Caterpillars.

BNW

5. Sounds good, u keep one and one exclusively for that, and you hit em pre emptive weekly? Or spot treat? 1st run out here in riverside, used to San diego where it's like 80 degrees and 65rh, vs here in riverside where it's triple digits and like 10-20% rh any given day, threw up a wind break to help cut back on the vortex my backyard creates, they have been on 16/8, were @ about 13/11 @ my place right now so I have basic porch light to augment them Till I can hang a CFL for each in near future, though I doubt they will flip since they are for sure over 12.5 hours a day light right now 20210419_182328.jpg

6. Just hoping I used big enough pots to not need to water every day, plus about an 1/4 inch of hydroton on top to help with keeping moisture out here

7. The 60 gallons would probably be good if they were babies, but you got some big ass girls in there lol. By September they should be trees :)

8. LB1(leggy bitch), MS4 (personal genetics), Strawberry Cough (canuk seeds), Bruce Banner (canuk seeds)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Powdery Mildew is a constant battle. I usually try and spray once a week seedling to harvest for it.
    Green Cure is what we've used for years but it looks like they are out of production.
    It was just Potassium Bicarbonate with a wetting agent. Likely Yucca extract.
    1 tablespoon per gallon of water.
    All it really does is raise the water PH high enough to disrupt the mildew but not harm the plant. PH up would do the same.

BT Thuricide is a biological not a chemical poison. Destroyed by sunlight in a few hours it is the control of choice for Caterpillars,
    1 tablespoon per gallon of water.
    Armstrong's Nursery carries it.
    Apply once a week from the first sign of flowering or sooner if needed.
    The caterpillar needs to eat some treated leaf to ingest the toxin where it forms crystals in their gut and the starve to death.
    ==============================
    Bt is a natural occurring, soil-borne bacteria that has been used since the 1950s for natural insect control. FAST ACTING FORMULA - Thuricide is a bacterium which is selectively toxic to many moth and butterfly larvae. The insects stop feeding and die within 2-3 days of ingestion.
    ================== web nab
    BT Thuricide = Bacillus Thuringiensis
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  10. The actual trigger for Cannabis is 14.5 hours.
    At 15 they veg.
    At 14 they flower.
    12-12 is just a number inside growers use to both conserve power and the lower light sends a stronger signal to the plant to flower.

In actual practice here at latitude 33 only the 30 days before and after the summer solstice have enough hours per day to hold a plant in solid veg.
    I just call it June and July as that few days doesn't matter.

Seedlings are not light aware for the first 3-4 weeks and can be started a month early outside say the 1st or 2nd week of May.

Clones and Mature seedling will flower at the drop of a hat. Even an hour mismatch will set the little bitches off and next thing you know it's in flower and it's the 4th of July.

You have 2 choices in my experience. Light them up and try and match what they were on, Your 16-8 cycle until June 1st
    Adding a few hours to the current "day"
    Or.
    Light them up 24-0 until August 1st.
    I got tired of chasing the match and run it all on 24-0.
    [​IMG]
    Lights off August 1st. Harvest mid Oct.
    This is Three 23 watt (100 watt equivalent) CFL's. Likely overkill but. :)

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Southern California and really anyplace it doesn't freeze can pull off 4 harvests a year outside.

Oct 15th = Harvest, Clone, Replant.
    Jan 1st = Same
    March 15th = Same
    June 1st = Same. Delay clones / until Aug 1st

It would be the same routine every 10 weeks except the for the two month longer summer veg that throws a wrench in the works once a year. :) Four times a year I work my ass off for a week and get the Harvest in. The vegged plants go in the just harvested holes and I take my clone cuts off the vegged plants I just dropped in the ground. Lot of work all crammed in a few days but then I kick back and watch them grow with not much more then water until I get to do it over again.

If I'm running clones it takes about 3 weeks to get good roots, 7 weeks left to veg to a respectable size under lights.
    Out the door and flower for 10 weeks.
    10 and 10. 20 weeks for the plants full life cycle.

While yield will be lower Quality won't suffer at all. A 10 week plant is a 10 week plant.

You'd catch the coming cycle at the end of Peak light.
    Last week of July you would take clones off the standing veggers or start seeds.
    These Plants will need 15-9 or better lighting.

Aug 1st the days shorten enough and Cannabis is triggered.
    By mid Aug there is no doubt of sex as your males will have exploded with flowers. Oct 15th is the 10 week flower window and good for 90% of what you'll grow. Long even for many Indica leaning strains.

10 weeks from that is Jan 1st.
    10 weeks more is March 15th
    10 weeks again is June 1st.
    Summer is here and the cycle repeats.

Jan and Jun harvests can both be impressive while the March 15th harvest is the smallest of the set.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  12. Awsome thanks for the response u have a cheap octopus light out there till this weekend when I can hard mount a few lights to stay outside permanently, im currently running Mammoth as my organic pest control its what I use inside so I started them on that out here last night and plan to hit it 1nce a week, don't think that repels slugs or catapillars though so I will have to grab some of the th stuff you mentioned, excited about their potential outside, and I think I will do 24/0 like your saying sounds alot easier 20210420_131302.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pretty confident that's ample light till I can mount the directional CFLs Resized_20210420_200308.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Should do just fine.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hoping this more permanent solution will work, these bulbs are only 11 watts each, you think that is bright enough 20210426_202228.jpg SmartSelect_20210426-201646_Messenger.jpg

16. Got the bt for the worms come flower, and im currently using mammoth for mold, mildew, fungus, grabbed some lost coast to try when mammoth runs out see which I prefer for the price I think mammoth is a tad cheaper 20210426_162844.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Outdoor ladies moving along smoothly, im getting concerned about drainage, I put transplanted and put these girls out last 4/20, and have not watered since, it's lightly rained 2 times, and I have hydraton as the top 1/2 inch layer to keep them from drying out to fast but I feel like for sure I expected to be watering more? The temps are about to pick up this week so maybe it they will start drinking more I dunno just thinking about it. 20210428_101633.jpg 20210428_101602.jpg 20210428_101557.jpg 20210428_101552.jpg 20210428_101544.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Looking good.

BNW

• Like Like x 1