First outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by alicante, Mar 26, 2021.

1. I've grown indoors in 2 different stages of my life. My last attempt turned into a bit of a disaster. I've recently moved to a small village and have sunny outside space, reasonably discreet and neighbours had a huge plant last year so I'm going to give it a go (keeping up with the Jones!). I've germinated two Psicodelicia seeds (70% sativa, Sweet Seeds) and they're in pots in Top Crop heavy mix. I've got a 300 litre fabric pot which the stronger of the two plants will move into. I'm planning to top it when it's marure enough as I think given the strain and pot size, she might end up a bit too tall otherwise! I've got some organic nutes from 2 years ago. Is there any way to know / tell if they're still good?

• Like Like x 1
  2. You have 2 huge threats outside that mother nature can't help you with.

Powdery Mildew
    Potassium Bicarbonate is the fix
    1 tablespoon per gallon of water. Drench spray once a week from seedling to harvest.

Caterpillars.
    BT Thuricide is the fix.
    1 tablespoon per gallon of water. Once a week every week in flower.
    Bacillus Thuringiensis
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thanks BNW for that. I'll keep both of those thoughts in mind. It's been about a week and so far so good. Nothing to report but I wanted to post a photo.

IMG_20210404_094551003_HDR.jpg

4. A quick photo update. All seems well. Not had a lot of sun the past few days but they've managed to grow a bit. IMG_20210412_104340909.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. IMG_20210420_104104864.jpg

All looking good so far. Need to get 300l of soil soon and get one of them into transplanted.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Coming along nicely.

BNW

7. Bit of an issue. I topped the healthier of the two 3 days ago. Since then we've had 3 days of rubbish weather and they've got very little sun. The plant I topped has just started flowering FFS. The other hasn't. I only planned on keeping one of them so as long as the other doesn't flower early then no problem. I'm not sure if this was caused by the stress of topping, whether I started them a bit too early in the year or something else. Is there anybidy here with some experience if this who could give me some advice please? I live in the centre south of Spain. The plant that's started to flower: should I cut my losses and hang my hopes in the other? Or is it likely to stop flowering abd go back to veg? Or should I germinate some more seeds and start again? IMG_20210428_100618914_HDR.jpg

8. I've never had a plant flower from being topped. Are you sure theres enough hours of light outside? In my area I have another 2-3 weeks before I can move my plants outside.

9. Thank you Ryan for replying. Hmm I was pretty sure but have my doubts now. The second plant is showing no signs of flowering though which makes me think it was a reaction to the topping. Hoping the second plant is good but I've germinated another seed in case the issue was timing. Thanks again.

10. 14.5 hrs of light is the trigger point for flowering, 15hrs veg, 14hrs flower. 12/12 is an indoor thing.

11. The second plant didn't flower so I'm sure it was a stress issue. I've planted the second one out in a 300l fabric pot. I'll wait 'til it's a bit bigger before I top it. IMG_20210507_132308939.jpg

12. I'm going to stop updating this thread and start a new one in grow journals.