First grow...here goes

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Outdoorliving05, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Thanks for the info!
    Do you guys think I might be watering too much?
    It has been 7 days since I planted the clover. All I did for the clover was sprinkle it all over the tops and then covered the seeds with worm castings.

I've been watering everyday even though the gauge says plenty wet.

The first two inches dry out everyday so I water enough just to cover the first 2-3" of soil and to keep the clover seeds moist and the marijuana seeds moist.

For 7 days i feel like this clover should be WAY more noticeable and a lot bigger

Its going on day 5 for the seedlings. One seedling popped up yesterday. I took a close up of it.

The other pot still isn't showing any sign of the seedling coming up.

I'm probably going to start soaking another seed

But what do you guys think ?

Is this growth rate normal? Should I stop watering for a few days?

As i raise the moisture meter towards the top 2-3" it says 'dry'
    Which is why I water everyday

The humidity at night has been around 60-68% and the temp has been around 65-68 degrees

During the day the temp is around 79-81 degrees

Humidity is around 40-55%

I'd appreciate any info. I'm kinda getting nervous that i'm messing all of this up

Attached Files:

2. well....this is starting to be a failure....

one seed popped up several days ago and hasn't changed since. The other pot the seed didn't even sprout.

Trying to decide if i should scratch the clover and start over or what I should do??

I have no idea what has happened. The clover has been planted for 7 days now and isn't making much progress at all.

I don't know if its a humidity issue
    or a water issue
    or a soil issue.....
    or a light issue ?

I've had the lights full blast since day one. But for the first 4 days the lights were very high up in the air. I think 50" or so..I can't remember exactly

3 days ago I lowered the lights down to 30" from the top of the soil

does anyone have any suggestions?

I have a PH meter and I'm using filtered water from a car wash water dispenser

triple filtered
    ran under a UV light etc..

When I put some of the water in a cup and stick my PH meter in it, it says 7.0 at first then drops real fast to around 6.3-6.5

If i leave the meter in long enough it drops even more

3. What's the temps in your tent? And make sure you don't soak the soil around the seed.. it'll drown it..

Sent from my moto e using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Day time temps are 77-81
    Humidity 40-55%

night time temps 65ish
    Humidity 60-70%ish

I wonder if I’ve been drowning the clover and the seedlings then

and I wonder if having the lights so high up in the air for the first 4 days did something ?
    I’ve also had them at full blast the whole time

ones 480 watts the other is 600 watts

Water ph 6.3/6.4

5. From what I get out of it..and this is just my opinion.. but I would say everything you got was good to go.. genetics are good.. soil is great.. your temps and rh are good.. you got ample light.. since they have no leafs to convert photosynthesis,I'd say distance isn't a issue unless there is no heat on the soil.. can't be 3 ft away..lol.. depending on power.. ph is good..although seedling don't use fertilizer at that stage, so ph is kinda irrelevant for germination.. so that leaves us with growers error.. or the clover.. but it's not that.. I'm banking on you trying to get those clover up and going , has drowned the tap roots.. causing this slow growth..or no growth at all.. next time water the medium well through the whole pot.. half gallon to 5 gallons of soil.. so on so forth, make a whole for the seed, place it in there, water slightly again.. put a humidity dome on top of the soil. Or a water bottle, plastic wrap, something to trap the humidity in there, keep the soil perfectly moist and in a optimal germination environment.. or a cloning environment,same deal.. with this method I have a perfect germination rate.. never fails.. keep the temps in the 80s 75 to 85 is fine..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

6. Thanks so much man! I appreciate the advice a bunch.

Monday after work I am going to get the clover out an scratch the whole clover thing for now. Once the plants are up and going I will throw some clover seeds down. But right now i will focus on growing the seedlings and getting them going.

I will get a humidity dome. I just found some on amazon

• Like Like x 1
  7. The seeds never came up.

I lowered the lights more and quit watering so much

The clover is growing a little better but still not at the speed i've seen it grow for other growers with the exact soil mix

I bought a seed starter humidity dome

Starting over and going to get the seedlings started in the humidity grow dome

Hopefully I have better results

I won't post a lot of updates until the seedlings actually sprout and start growing

I will make a new thread at that time to track progress etc..

thanks so much for all the advice everyone
    I appreciate it

Trial and error. I can't be too mad. This was my first time trying this. I will keep trying until I make it happen

• Like Like x 1
  8. Love the attitude..lol.. I'll be watching