First grow...here goes

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Outdoorliving05, Nov 13, 2020.

1. after MONTHS of research and saving money to purchase equipment a little at a time I'm off and going!
    Tent
    4x8x7'

Lights:
    4 QB96's v2
    600ha driver Total watts 600
    China King bright light
    480 watts total

Fans
    Two cheap desk fans (I'll add different ones soon)

6" infinity cloudline t6
    I have it setup on AUTO (This might not be a good idea?)

Two 15 gallon fabric pots

Seeds are from Growers Choice
    Feminized
    Amnesia and Cinderella 99

I have two Ezviz wireless cameras so I can keep an eye on things. I have an app so I can check on the ladies from anywhere.

I wired up two new outlets for this grow. I have the lights on one breaker.
    I have everything else hooked up to the second breaker I installed.

I built a stand to mount the driver, power strips etc..

I have a large fan blowing on the driver outside the tent because after running for 4 hours she's pretty warm. Maybe having it attached to the wood isn't a good idea? Should I take it off and install something behind the driver and then screw it back to the wood stand? Are the lights too far from the pots?

Soil Mix
    5 gallons of Bu's Blend Compost
    5 gallons of coco (wasn't pre washed) I ran 40-50 gallons of water through it to wash salts out
    3 gallons of worm castings
    2 gallons of perlite
    2 cups of down to earth rose n flower
    1 1/2 cups of down to earth azomite
    1 cup of down to earth oyster shells
    I sprinkled clover on top and then put worm castings over the clover

I was inspired to start this grow based off this forum and Cali green on youtube. The soil recipe is one he uses (or used to use). It wasn't cheap setting this up so I'm hoping everything goes well.

For water I'll be using the water from a machine at my local car wash. Filter many times/UV filtered etc...
    I filled (3) 5 gallon jugs. I will refill them when needed considering its right next door to my house.

I am going to pick up a humidifier and a de-humidifier incase I need them.

Well, I think that sums it up. I mixed the soil up and plated the clover this morning. The seeds are wrapped in paper towels in my drawer. In 2-3 days I will plant the seeds.

Based off all of this do any of you have suggestions? What should I change? Should I add something?
    I'm open to suggestions and I will update this thread as much as possible. I will update every 2-3 days.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. I envy your space!! Thinking of ever going perpetual?

I'm not a soilboy, so I'm not a huge help, but totes following

3. Very nice! I am doing something similar.. I'm using Fox farm ocean forest and fox farm happy frog mixed 50 50.. and I added down to earth amendments also.. kelp meal ,alfalfa meal, bat guano, bone meal, worm castings, and dolomite lime.. I'm feeding every four weeks with molasses,feed the microbes.. I didn't see anything as far as how far your light is.. can you measure it? And I use 2-600 watt hid lights..I'm not sure what it is it using,I'm assuming led's. So I can't really help there.. I can say as long as your hand is comfortable were the canopy is ,should be fine.. heat wise.. I would put a hygrometer or something like that,and test it at different levels to see where your range is.. but good setup bro,good genes, your on your way to a successful harvest.. I'm along for the ride....

Sent from my moto e using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. yes! I want to see how these two plants go and then its on! I will probably turn half my basement into a room lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. That sounds like an awesome soil mixture. I wanted to keep this one as simple as possible. Once this run is done and if it goes well I will just stick to this soil mix and I will run 4 plants next time.

I will have to get a light meter then. Do you have a suggestion on a good hygrometer? brand wise

Where do you keep your light range??

6. I meant hygrometer .. tells temps and humidity.. and I hang it a foot away and check the heat after awhile.. if it's too hot I go to 18 inches.. but I use high intensity discharge lamps.. different from what your running.. mine run hot.. I would guess your is not as hot as mine.. so you might be able to do closer than me.. and yes.. I agree.. if it's not broke..don't fix it..

Sent from my moto e using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. IMO you need more perlite and a nice thick mulch layer.

8. just any type of mulch?

I will see what this does in the next few days

The clover should be sprouted by monday afternoon at the latest

9. Ahh okay! Misunderstanding on my end

I’m going to order one. My infinity controller has one sensor but I can never be to safe

10. UPDATE
    Day 3

I have each pot half a gallon of water.
    Clover still hasn’t sprouted. my humidity level is hanging around 45-50%. Which is low I know. I ordered a humidifier and it will be here Tuesday morning.

the seeds have been in wet paper towels for 3 days and just sprouted. I didn’t want to plant them until the clover sprouted but for whatever reason the clover hasn’t sprouted.

Maybe due to such low humidity??

I am going to have to plant the seeds tomorrow night.

11. For mulch I have been using pine bark the smallest sized. But you can use straw, leaves, comfrey, nettle, alfalfa etc. I consider mulch as being more important to your soil than anything else, keeps your micro herd fed, helps retain moisture.

12. Thanks for the advice!

heres today’s picture. Not much that’s changed but I’m still going to post progress pics every 2-3 days

Attached Files:

13. Day two for the seedlings.
    I put the humidifier in and set it to 72%

It’s been very low. Right around 40-52%ish

Here’s an updated picture

Attached Files:

14. How big is that 4 qb 96 setup? Picture may be deciding but they look awfully close together.

15. I’ll measure the lights

I think the total square is 26” by 24”

I’ll measure how far the lights are apart

16. Nice! I have the same tent, anxious to see how your grow goes.

17. One seed has sprouted out of the ground!

The other seed still hasn't popped up

I'm hoping it pops up in the next few days.

It has been a total of about 90 hours since I planted them]

I did lower the lights today. They were probably way too high up

I lowered them down to 32" from the soil

They were 56" from the soil before I lowered them.

I still haven't measured the light bar I built. I can't seem to find my damn tape measure now. I will be grabbing one tomorrow to get some measurements

I do have more aluminum if i have to build a new light bar for the QB 96's though.

• Like Like x 1

18. Awesome!

My long term goal is 4 plants on each side

• Like Like x 1
  19. I have 12 autos and a basil plant in mine. Can't wait to see a big ass bush in yours.

20. Need to see the light bar you fab up too