first go no-tillin it! All ethos

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by frostchaser, May 20, 2020.

1. im a daddy! Again.... Chopped the early hulk angry today... It could have gone another week but wanted to spread out the rest a bit and increase airflow as they fatten up. Always paranoid about mold.. First 8 backcrossed hulk angry seeds i plucked off... Hopefully I can get some more of the same phenotype as it was a very early producer and pretty much buds the whole way down the stems. Unfortunately she was late planted and never caught up height wise with her sister's. The yield and over all vigor I imagine suffered but still a pretty girl.. Happy to have used her to cross with the other 4.. 20200824_135922.jpg 20200824_162436.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. Crazy how two plants can make beans for a lifetime! Bud looks good and dense!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Also not sure if you saw I believe it was tims post in the no till thread about drying.

He said he's shooting for 60 60 6. vs 70 70 7. Studies showing drying in 70°f or over messes with some flavor profile or something like that.

Since you harvested and all :icgreen:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Getting close.. Figure a couple more weeks for all but the funky hulk angry.. Gonna let her do her thing and see what happens... All in all loving this run and cant wait to grow some lemon og crosses! 20200830_211041.jpg 20200830_211023.jpg 20200830_211003.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. Damn Frost, this looks great! Based on what you figured out with the lights (possibly?) causing the deficiencies you were observing, I'm thinking I may be encountering something similar.

• Like Like x 3
  6. I think my problem was not foliar feeding in veg and depending strictly on the bed. Especially being new soil with the added light & co2 I'm pretty sure it was destined to happen

• Like Like x 1

7. Do you think foilar feeding is absolutely necessary? Or do you think its more so related to the new soil, lights, and co2?

8. From what I have been reading and been advised necessary is a hard word but I do think it is helpful. Absolutely in my case with new soil but I think in general it does well to help build-up reserves so to speak for what is asked of it in flower

• Like Like x 2
  9. harvest is just about done at this point. Only the weird Hulk angry remains. Probably has 3 weeks left and growing impatient so going to throw some homemade auto beans in the bed for a quick run while it is finishing up.. Got the Orange Kush cake trimmed up today, 9 oz off of to the one plant. The picture is two half gallon jars with 7 oz in them.. Figure yield will be dependent on the weird guy that remains but should hit over 2 pounds if she works out... The 2nd picture is of an old samurai tanto that is just too pretty not to post because why not.. Its the passion other than weed... Zombies beware 20200908_130233.jpg 15996098019427858077561508388117.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Can’t wait to get and pop those beans!

• Like Like x 1
  11. hoping to have a bit o goodies out for u this week. I am bad at getting to the post office but its on the list! Not sure of the hulk angry lineage with greybeards perhaps being seed swappers but the og and lemon berry i know are legit so gonna send cross and straight og. the hulk angry was not bad that i harvested but not as pretty as the others and who knows about the other..

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Hulk Angry is the supposed to be Ethos version of Bruce Banner. OG Kush x Strawberry Diesel. Just weird they don’t have it listed on their site while they have other retired strains listed.

13. They got sued over it by dark horse genetics and eliminated The Strain altogether.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ethos is pretty crazy though. They caught wind of the Gray beards shenanigans and are replacing all orders placed through Gray beards with what they guarantee to be authentic. I will be receiving about $300 worth of free beans from them by way of replacements for things purchased. That said the early lemon Berry and OG Kush I had running I got from a friend

• Like Like x 1
  15. So should I get ahold of Ethos cause I bought some of their gear from Gray Beards too? What exactly did gray beard do?

16. I bought Banana Hammock, Candy Store and Glue from Gray Beards and the Glue was fucked up. Only one grew right and rest had issues.

17. Yes you should. Story goes somebody bought seeds from Gray beards that was ethos gear and grew out some shady plants. They then complained to ethos that their genetics were poop. Sent a lot of pictures and pictures of the seeds at which point ethos said it was not his plant or beans. Sounds like a cop out but he then decided to replace all orders from Gray beards over it so I tend to believe him... Email the sales dept at ethos with the orders u made and they will get u the right stuff.. I am pretty sure the Orange Kush cake I ordered from them is legit.... also pretty sure the Hulk angry is not. I bought candy store from them as well but not going to chance it. Gunna wait for the replacements. Just decided I am going to do a quick homemade cross auto run now anyway..

18. I emailed them last night. I think the glue is fake but the banana hammock and candy store were legit.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Now I’m wondering what my Greybeards special reserve is. I bought 2 strains of that. I’d think he’d try to have good genetics for his own gear.

• Like Like x 1
  20. likely but too much time in a grow to run an unknown in my opinion... Super pissed i did some breeding with counterfeit beans.. At least the og pollen was legit