Finishing times, Photoperiod, Latitude, and how it all works!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dankohzee, Aug 16, 2008.

1. It helps to also have genetics that are from the corresponding area or even better yet ones allowed to go feral for many seasons and let natural selection do it works. The down side it takes a place where you can do many plants and do not mind having males drop pollen. It also helps to try and have them be tightly root bound about time you want flower to set, although within reason does not usually work on solstice lol. Another trick is to expose them to 24 hours of bright light for about 2 weeks then cut it off and this will trigger flower. Some manipulation can be had by spiking K and then providing increasing amounts of P along with a decrease in N and by proper use of triacontanol in later Veg and the start of flower.

2. I'm at 34 South, anyone have an idea of when Strawberry Cough would start flowering, and when it would finish?

3. Looking for some advice. I'm a new grower and haven't got much experience with my climate / light cycles. If you veg a plant outside for 24hrs using LED spot lamps at night will you be able to get them to flower with 15/16 hr days in sping/summer? Heard the indica's cut off at about 14 /14.5 max light.

4. Indicas can wait till say 11 hours of day light. Sativas seam too be flowering around 12.5. just my observation. I'm in California

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. So my bud has 4 monstas going outside and the rqs cookies is just now starting. Like 12 hours now. Rest already were. His chocolate mint of is almost done

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Just curious if anyone has grown lemon berry early finisher by ethos seed bank?and if so could tell me about when the finish.

7. Sorry meant to say when they finish outdoors.

8. Northern Hemisphere in general.
    Start seeds outside May 1st.
    Most strains start to flower around Aug 1st to 15th.
    Finish mid to late Oct.

BNW

9. The earliest I've experienced in other strains is early September. I have a blueberry strain that goes into flowering almost exactly on the solstice. I can start seeing pistils by July 1st. I chop it in the first week of September.

10. Yeah I've grown some Caramelo that usually always done by the 20th of September. And where I live in Maine on the coast if I'm not done by the middle or end of September the very latest I'm deal with mold hardcore. So I was just wondering if anyone had grown that strain just so I could get an idea. Thanks for the input though

11. I'm up in the county on the canadian border. get yourself a cheap greenhouse with a large oscillating fan in there with a space heater with a thermostat set at 70. I've grown longer flowering strains into late oct. this way. our 1st frosts come in mid sept. make sure you open your doors / windows before the sun gets too strong during the day or you might cook your plants . good to vent the moisture too.

12. I hear ya. I'm in the pacific north west. Once October hits it's bud rot city.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Same story for me, i'm in southern canada and I have a heated greenhouse to finish the plants in the fall, last year I was trimming on Christmas Day! Took a long time to finish the plants but it was worth it :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. received_635280957521045.jpeg last seasons critical orange punch out my back garden was surprised by her growth and end product really citrus pungent odour ,smooth Smoke ...she was grown North Britain

15. I'm just a good old outdoor grower and I grow from seed no clones. I've been growing at my current location for about ten years with great success, in total I've been growing over 45yrs. What I say is grow your strain and know your strain. I think this information presented here is great but how many people actually read it all and understood it, I think this way over complicates the growing process. It's really simple most strains except Sativa's and Auto's start to show in early August regardless of latitude. I have lived on most of this planet and grown on it, it's all about the same given a week or two either way.