Faye's Coffee Can Cloner DIY Tutorial

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by 3Deez, Oct 26, 2012.

1. I personally let them go a bit longer to get the root system reliable (each one with a root at least an inch long) then I transplant directly in my soil. I typically wait for the clones to begin telling me when they want the light close (raised edges on the leaves) at that point they get put within inches of my T5.

2. I agree. I don't believe there ready to be Tp'ed. I was jus seein what the opinion was when it came time. Thanks for the info! Do you TP the root deep? So the plant is really short for stabilization? 

3. No prob. I didn't mean to come across like I was telling you to wait like I do. That's just the routine I go by. I plant them approx 1/4 the way down into the soil but that's mostly because with my style of growing right now, I veg them out in small containers to keep them small so anything deeper will result in roots growing out the bottom too quickly.

4. Thats badass man!

5. #505 HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4d8PHDG4yE

LOL!

IT's crazy. When you start. Really don't expect to see it happen. Jus like when ya start growing. Every step is a new adventure. 

6. Hey guys, noob here. Would an air pump for a 10 gallon tank suffice?

How long before you transplant? Just wait on good, established roots?

Sent from my garage-run gynecology office using Grasscity Forum.

7. I use a bigger pump but one rated for 10 gallons COULD work. Some people here have struggled a bit with smaller rated pumps but you should try it out. Just make sure that you are getting oxygen in there and that the water is not allowed to be cold.

8. Thanks. I'll probably go with the 20 gallon then. 

9. Btw, you guys are EPIC.

Sent from my garage-run gynecology office using Grasscity Forum.

10. Its sort of a coffee can.

Well to be exact it's the bottom half of the first fccc I used and a big pickle jar.

1000 watt Scrog Journal

Attached Files:

11. Just fired up my cloner for the first time this morning, didn't fill up my spaces with cuts. Just took three for the time being to try and get my feet wet. I added a little kelp, aloe and protekt to my res so hopefully that helps the rooting time.

12. Hey man, how your cuttings looking? I lose track of this thread so easily.

13. #513 3Deez, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2015
    Thought I'd throw up a quick one for the latest round of babies. I actually shut the coffee can down for a while and messed around with using rapid rooters again just to round out the skills set but...i gotta say the coffee can is by far my favorite. I took these 9 cuts on July 3rd. Got the first tap roots in no time and ended up with 9 root balls in less than two weeks. Finally got around to transplanting today at day 16 (I think). 100% success....again.

Btw, no dome was used period. Didn't even mist them...not once.

IRG Grapefruit Badass

1437364372848.jpg

303 Seeds Bio Diesel

1437364409060.jpg

Sanctuary Gardens Dark Goblin

1437364500904.jpg

Group shot. All 9 in solos to find the best.

1437364548858.jpg

14. Can we bring thread back to life?

15. Ofcourse we can! I'm limited at the moment since my app is down but I get on my tablet when I can.

16. Hey i'm still subbed! i think the FCCC is going to be replaced by fogponics for cloning

17. Never could get any of the three I built to turn out squat.. Smoking high temps was the trouble I suspect.. Or to cold.. The trouble with working in the garage or the garden shed it's one or the other.. I'm still subbed so rock on folks..

18. G'morning Doc! I gotta Google fogpinocs and check it out. Should make for good reading here at the job.

19. Frakin phone version (not the app) won't let me quote anyone....

Gmorning Woody! Yeah the temps are the main PITA with this set up. Too hot and my stems get all mucky, too low and they do nothing at all for weeks.

....you turn out a high rate of clones consistently so I think it's safe to say that your method is dialed in! :)

20. Yo 3D and Woody my little cloner does the job but it takes up to 8-9 days..i nd to make clones quicker than that..Crankz has astounding pics on his thread Crankz corner..using a fog unit he gets roots in hrs..i easily can make my current veg res a fogponic cloner by drp'ng one in on a cycles stat tp'a 001.JPG chooglin 003.JPG chooglin 002.JPG