Faye's Coffee Can Cloner DIY Tutorial

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by 3Deez, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Yeah, its also a pretty reliable way to get roots and the perlite is a constant renewable resource so I don't have to keep going out to get starter plugs and such. I still haven't fixed my timer problem so I cant fire up the coffee can. So far Ive done a few runs and Ive noticed that while it works, the perlite way takes a bit longer and requires a bit more prep work (trimming leaves etc).

2. Happy Holidays Faye.  I know you dabble in this kind of thing; is a bubbler or even your coffee can cloner considered aerophonics?  I'm only considering dabbling in it.  Just keeping an open mind.

May you have Merry Moment's this season,
    Sky

3. Dude that is so cool! I've got all the materials already! Lol. I keep my amendments in those coffee cans.

4. I have a bubble cloner and love it..roots always round a week in plain water and even did clones from week 5 flower with no problems

5. This reminds me of a DIY Aero Cloner. Very cool.

I have a question for you experts.

I have a plan with some nice long stems and at the end is a fan leaf. If I took three or 4 inches of the stem plus the leaf, Would this work is a clone? Or do I need a stem with more growth on it than just a fan leaf?

Thanks

6. This was so easy to make! From what I've read through out this post the clipping is doing exactly what others have observed. I put her in there Saturday afternoon. I added a very tiny bit of GH veg nutes (approx 1\\8 of a teaspoon) to the mini coffee can. Today the leaves seem to be wilting slightly but from what I've read in here that is to be expected. I'm hoping to see roots soon within the next few days.

7. Im glad its working out for you. Make sure to let us know when you get roots!

Once I get off my lazy butt, I got some cuts to take also.

8. Man, I haven't been in this thread for a pretty long time. Im glad to see this set up working for so many!!

I'll try to get some pics here later on if I can get around to taking my cuts.

9. So still no roots. I believe I had to much light going. Switched off the mh, took some new cuttings and I've got them under a 150watt daylight cfl.

10. I find that too much light tends to stress cuttings especially early on. I keep mine further from the lights all the way until a few days to a week after transplant.

11. I got my FCCC systm updated and perfected..i'm now experimenting using led not fluro..these cuts are male and I'm checking on how they do on a seedling mix now that they have roots..normally at this point I would put them in soil or hydo..the cloners in this chamber are plugged into main air trunk and I'm using a small airstone with a high output pump..the plnt in net basket is a runt Haz C getting the same mix
    cloner progress- roots 010.JPG cloner progress- roots 007.JPG cloner progress- roots 003.JPG

12. Bout to make my cloner. After I get my cuts and put them in the can. Should they be fully submerged in the water, or at the top gettin misted by the bubbles? 

13. K I submerge my stems..others don't..imo it works both ways

14. Dont know how I lost track of this place! I hope everybody is doing great on this young Friday night!

I agree with Doc. Submerge them stems for more reliable results IMHO.

I just lost all six in one can this week. The water had evapped and I also didnt have the lid on completely so all that air got on those stems and dried em out. :unsure:

15. Dums what's up? I still drop in here if I can help..got my summer in full swing..cooking 4cu of soil..ordered ammendments last mo and got busy mixing..got 4 canidates so far for outdrs..I got to do sexing cause my fem seeds got snatched up as well as two reships by customs..got another 3 for indoor hydro I just popped..planning on two outdr sites and 6-9 SIP'S..i won't get my indoor really going till I got fems..I just can't waste nutes and power this summer like last summer on a male so i'll be using my cloners heavily to save my butt once I get a fem

16. Sounds like yer bout to get it!! You doing a journal for it?

17. No new thread for outdrs just using my regular thread..click on bottom sig and then to end and link to current thread

18. I went to the thread and followed to the end but the last post was June of last year? :confused:

19. #500 HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
    2 weeks in on the cloner.

So what's the next step when transplanting. Do you trasplant up io the leaves? Throw right under 600w?  

Attached Files: