Fan leave hash..

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by kingmigz360, Mar 10, 2021.

1. So i just watched a video on how to make ice hash from "fan leaves" this is odd to me i didn't think it could be done. I know how to make tea and what not from fan leaves but hash? Can this actually be done? Was the video fake? I mean he did have a very nice hash ball at the end but he could have faked the vid so idk.... need to hear from some of you guys..
    If you can't make hash from "fan leaves" than what can you do with them?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

2. That's the only place I get my kief. Lots of trichomes on the leaves close to the buds.

• Like Like x 1
  3. There are fewer trichs on the fan leaves, than on the buds, but yes, it certainly can be done.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I tired it.. the ghetto azz method was 100% fitting with my whole ghetto growing set up lol..
    I used a old smuckers PB&J jar took a handful of leaves and put them into the jar chilled them for a few minutes in the freezer than added ice and ice-ie water. Shook the hell out of the jar for about 30mins if not longer (till all the ice melted) drained the leaves, than ran the water through a cheap coffee filter . I didn't get a lot at all maybe 1 gram more like half and its very dark. It was a test run so i didn't use my best leaves. I was told it wouldn't work on here weeks ago happy i didn't listen.

5. So what do you do with your sugar leaves?
    I was going to try the "drum method" to get the kief from them..
    *drum method* old school hippie trick i was thought take a sheer fabric like a curtain or something tie it around a bowl till you can smack it like a drum pour the sugar leaves on top than keep tapping around making the sugar leaves jump around. I've done this a lot always was happy with the results.
    Tring to come up with better *cheap* *ghetto* ways to make hash using what i have on hand what the average person would have on hand.
    I was told Silk works good. You wrap it over a bowl or a jar nice and good than rub the leaves or buds back and forth and all the kief will just fall through never tried it..

6. I just run them through screens

7. There are hardly any trichs on fan leaves.

8. Hardly and none are 2 different things. I believe the average is .7%THC and around .5%CBD found in fan leaves thats each leaf take a lb of them and the results are great..
    Besides it's about pulling the Cannabinoids from the leaves.
    Cold+ Agitation = hash simple.
    I didn't know you could do it but after reading a full breakdown on the process i now have a complete understanding of it.
    Also whats the point of your comment anyway? You saying its not worth doing? Cause thats simple wrong and wasteful i have enough buds to smoke all day everyday, i always have 3 or 4 different strains on hand plus grow 2 other strains. And dont like waste i was going to make oil extract from the fan leaves hash is better adding a 5th or 6th smoke-able flower product to my stash.

Disclaimer i use voice to text to type any spelling errors yell at Samsung not me lol

9. Correct, I'm saying they're worthless.

I noticed you're growing with a few t8's/cfls, this probably explains things.

10. Exactly, I use my grinder but freeze dried leaves then crumble in the bag then run through grinder with a nickel, old school but works great. If you do it for to long you will break down the green matter so 20min limit k.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. No cfls.
    Im growing under 5500lux and yeah many say this is dumb or pointless and say you need to spend $$$ etc these people are new era growers that are misinformed.
    See i did half topped (1x) and half LST only as a test grow also bag seeds also cheap dollar store soil. Maybe pulling 200watt if that. I would guess you would say this wouldn't work.. yet i have video showing from topped plaints I'm pulling over 100gs (thats a ruff but fair guess video backs that up haven't fully harvest trimmed cured yet) the LST plaints may give 100gs if not lower again thats a guess. As for quality well that would just be 1 mans opinion but IMO its actually not bad at all BUT the flower I've smoked so far is from 1 of the girls i pulled very early she still had some clear combs but was sickle yet even still got a nice Energetic high very very smooth like air with a citrusy taste sad part it only holds for like a hour.. i have higher hopes for the rest they are all being finished now 2 girls with a week or 2 till harvest rest drying now. Love showing people that think they know how much they really dont know lol
    Also as for fan leaf hash even using my pickle jar method im pulling about 1/2 gram to every 1oz of leaf.
    Thats 1/2 gram of high level thc goodness that you would what toss in the trash? Yet you think you're smarter lol or know better lol

12. I like the old school hippie methods. 90% of what i know came from a man that started growing in the 60s and grew some of the best bud that ever came out of Canada i forgot a lot of it i was just a kid when i worked 1 of his grow houses back in 2004 and been brushing up the last year. Wish i could get my hands on his Signature starin but he dont grow anymore as far as i know everything stopped around 07 feds and thieves screwed everything up.
    The only dry method I've every used is the *drum method* but only every did that with sugar leafs and flower tips take a sheer fabric wrap it around and over a bowl pour the trim on top than tap it make the trim dance for like 20mins this always worked great for me.
    Normally fan leafs where used as Compost didn't realize you could actually get respectable returns from them.

13. I do Ice Water Bubble Hash. When do a run I will do 1/2 pound of good flower and yield 47-50 grams of great hash.
    I have run leaves, but they are generally loaded with trichomes.
    This is a close up of a 2.5” inch sugar leaf .
    upload_2021-3-17_12-52-35.png

I did a batch of sugar leaves like in the photo. 3 oz of leaves yielded 12 grams +/-. After a cure in the freezer for two years it looks like this.
    upload_2021-3-17_12-58-41.jpeg
    Smoking the hash is way better than smoking the leaf.

14. 2 years? To cure hash?
    I mean i do know the right way to cure flower is months 6 being a good number but 2 years sounds nuts?
    Im getting a run ready now not a whole lot at all only had a handful of plaints plus i used 2ozs to try my ghetto way which worked i guess. But now i have the bubble bags. Was going to run like 4oz sugar leafs and trim and i have like 8oz of fan leafs was thinking of just doing them all at the same time the bags should separate the grades no?

15. [​IMG]

10 gallons of buds and 10 pounds of dry ice.

[​IMG]

This.

[​IMG]

Gets you this. 15% recovery from a 90 second shake.
    100 grams of good quality buds gives me back 15 grams of 160 micron Kief.
    Takes me about 3 hours to run off all that bud.
    Fan leaves = Give nothing = Compost.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. Nice demo Brass

17. Yeah. Lotta people putting a lotta time and effort into making a couple grams of hash when its so much easier to just grow more flower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. When you been growing as long as I have you find that there is lots of Cannabis products sitting around in storage. Several flower strains, some in storage for 3plus years. Hash stored in the freezer. There is always coconut/canna cooking oil for nightly blitz brownies, and pain creams for my arthritis.
    Yes, hash curing for 2 years in the freezer. It just seems normal.

19. Right. Ive still got some of the tops from my first grow. Why? Nobody knows.

• Like Like x 1