Extremely Budget DIY Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by dropinbiking, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Setup this little 2x4 a while back with just some emergency heat blanket material, a used $50 light, some old coat hangers cut up, a couple small fans I had around the house. I threw a curtain style door on it more recently. The gap at the bottom allows some pretty good air cycle. It's not ideal, it could use some upgrading, but for quite literally $55, it has worked surprisingly well. I know not everyone has random pots, and a few liters of soil laying around, so maybe throw 20 ontop of that. I bit off more than I could chew, and my single light is having a hard time keeping up with my canopy size, but that's a me problem, not a setup problem. Temps and humidity have been good, very stable.

I'm doubling up my light for my next run shortly, so I'm interested in cutting a hole in the top shelf and make a ceiling exhaust so I can close the gap at the bottom, than I'll need to dedicate a spot for an intake, I'm open to any ideas. I'm certainly going to buy some proper rolls of mylar film to improve reflection, and lets be honest, improve cosmetics haha

IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1335.JPG IMG_2109.JPG IMG_2107.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  2. I like it. Reminds me of my first grow.

If you wanna keep it cheap and DIY, make some cardboard ducting for a passive intake. Otherwise use a 4" flexible duct and snake it under your curtain.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ahead of you on that. I had some 2.5" flexi pipe laying around from an old dust extraction unit. I've got two coming in from the top in the corner, they come down and meet the back of that fan. I have two more at the very top only a few inches long. I sealed off the doorway for testing and I'm getting great draw, circulation, and exhaust all above the grow area, it's really improved overnight temps, not drawing cold air off the floor.

Just gotta cut a nice little door to throw on things, but I'm only a couple weeks from harvest, and don't plan on re-using the closet, so I don't want to get too carried away. I'll post up some pictures tomorrow. It's been quite the ghetto little setup to grow some dope.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Well guys long time no update. Closet got repainted, new rack, few other odds and ends. It's been serving me well. Gave the entire room an overhaul. It is now the designated smoking room, scale room, grow room, garden room. It's a beauty. Scored the table top from a job site. Added some $20 folding legs. Repainted my shelf. Added some more shelving and repainted the window casings and trim. The place has come a long way.

IMG_2289.JPG IMG_2230.JPG IMG_2460.JPG IMG_2475.JPG IMG_2485.JPG

IMG_2501.JPG IMG_2504.JPG

5. Can't be complete without a current bud shot ;)

IMG_3039.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  6. Is that the Roleadro 600w light? I have that light. Those buds look intense compared to what I was getting with it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Affirmative captain. That was flowered under just the 600w. It's a decent light. I was using it up until very recently, may still fire it back up for the last weeks of flower. Feel free to pop over to my current grow in my thread.

8. Twas a good plant. Was a good setup too. I just fine tuned it this time around. Making less mistakes this time around.

Here's a harvest shot from that.

IMG_3344.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. Oops, I think we're both wrong. The underside of the 600 watt (134 true watts) is different than the light in the picture. That's the 1000 watt, or 200 true watts version.
    Have you finished a grow using only this light yet?
    I flowered an 80% indica strain for three months before having to chop due to an aphid breakout. The buds looked like they had a week or two to go. I was impressed by the size of the buds, but I don't have an extra month to sit around and wait for them to grow.

10. No this is branded as a 600w light and from what I've seen from the guts of it, the drivers shouldn't be pulling any more than 120-130w. It sure did the trick for a little less than a 2x2 footprint.

11. I've done a few start to finish runs with that 600w light. This cookies and cream was started on my vipar 300 and finished under that 600. It had some bug issues and stress issues but pulled through okay.

IMG_3838.JPG

12. Here's that same plant from that way older post. Can't remember what it was for the life of me, I'd have to look back. Was a good smoke I remember that.

IMG_3235.JPG

13. 3 months of flower is a long time indeed. I tended to flower for about 9-10 weeks, 60-70 days in flowerish total?

14. The closet growing has come to an end. Introducing corner nook vegging. Styrofoam on the concrete, white laminated chip board as a floor. About 20x40 minus the taper. Perfect little climate for vegging. Almost 4 feet high.

IMG_4346.jpg IMG_4343.jpg IMG_4342.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nice job homie! I can tell the chronic opened your mind:passing-joint: