Ever been tipped with weed?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by CobbyTheElf, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Those of you that work service jobs where you go into the customer's home (electrician, plumber, heating & cooling, cleaners, contractors/handyman, etc.), you know that not all of our tips are cash.

I've managed to get several grams of various strains over the past couple years (since legalization in my state), not to mention some really killer gummies.

What have you folks received from grateful customers?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. I make a rule not to receive... but I give a bud rather than a tip, .... to my favorites

it means you don't have to wait it also means the waiter-gas filler-newspaper guy- mod-slave- slav-pole-lat-Soumi-Swede border guy, -has got to change his job lots failing drug tests maybe.
    ...so tipping advising him to get a better job is well meant,
    just last month one guy refused my 'tip' so I said sell it ...its not mine I found it outside ...lol

cheers

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Yes, it's a legal state and people love to barter and tip with weed once they know "you're cool" man

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. #4 Storm Crow, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    Back in the early 70s, my late husband worked as a cab driver. One day at the airport, he picked up a well-dressed business man with a briefcase who wanted to go to Oceanside (about 35 miles). My husband was overjoyed to get such a good fare.

Once they were out of the city, the man opened up the briefcase, pulled out a pipe and broke a corner off of one of the bricks of hash that filled the briefcase and lit it up! Being polite, he offered my husband a hit. They spent the rest of the trip getting high.

When they reached Oceanside, my husband was paid and given a tip- a chunk of golden Afghani hash about as big around as a golf ball and almost an inch thick.
    We stayed very high for many days! :passing-joint:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. i wonder if you ever had any hash that was as good as that hash???

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. The "Hella Dank" hash that I get from the Green Heart dispensary comes close. It varies a bit depending on the cultivar (strain), but it's stiffer and drier, and the color is darker. But it does do the job and a gram now lasts me for about a week (FYI - I've cut way back on actual smoking due to Covid. Using my old desk-top vaporizer and edibles is just smarter.)

Something I like about the brand is that they include a small ceramic screen so you don't need a special hash pipe, and their box is sort of an origami thing- no glue and you can easily unfold it to a flat sheet of cardboard, so it takes less room in the trash or, in my case, is better for using as kindling in the wood stove.

Some "Temple Balls" I once got (I forget the brand- it's been quite a while) were a lot stickier than the "Hella Dank" but the color was rather dark, which is a bit of a turn-off for me. Trichs are golden and hash should be, too!

The hash today is likely to be higher in THC than in the 70s. We simply have bred more THC into today's cannabis than was in the landraces of the middle east of the 70s. But that high level of THC comes with a price- we lose CBD and the other "minor cannabinoids" to the point that they are mere traces, or gone completely. This changes the cannabis high! CBD "mellows" the THC high, THCP has a high that's about 30 times stronger than THC, CBN is soothing ... each of the many "minor cannabinoids" have the potential of modifying the way cannabis affects you. This makes comparing the two highs, difficult.

Also, the manufacturing of today's American hash is totally different (and more sanitary) than the time-consuming process of traditional hash-making. Here's an article on how it's done in one area.

Thank goats for best hashish. (news – 2012)
    Thank goats for best hashish

Granny :wave:

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. I need to start carrying around a pack of cones to give out as tips. It would save me a good bit of money.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. I tip with ganja all the time. Usually I can barter some labor for ganja trade to cut back on personal expenses when they realize I have that dank. Ganja in general is just good to have around.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. #9 Vee, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    [​IMG]
    add another to the list ....my ultra cute hairdresser she's often says my hair smells of weed
    I tried the .."that's cause I use body shop hemp shampoo" but that excuse has run outta steam ".....lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. I Never Been Tipped With Weed Really...Except Just Randomly Getting it From My Husband For Being Me lol. I Have Tipped Other People Weed Tho Like My Lil Sister an Her Bestie for Helping Me Watch My Kids When I Don't Feel Good or The Teenager Across The Street For Mowing Our Lawn (Sometimes I Give Him Weed sometimes Money) :)

~Toni~

11. Had a guy give me a whole blunt for a cigarette

12. Your husband gives you a weed allowance? Shouldnt it just be shared? Thats like saying no that beer is mine, go buy your own.

• Like Like x 1

13. It is Not a Weed Allowance He just Gives it to me because he Being Nice an I Need to get High During the Day when he at Work. He Smokes with me a lot too.

~Toni~

14. I've been tipping my hair stylist with edibles for years.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Im just saying.... like you guys each have your own supply? Your married..... wouldnt it be much nicer if he just let you take whatever you wanted whenever you wanted it? Like, do you ask if you can eat food out of the fridge?

• Winner Winner x 1

16. You Right! Well I Can Take Some Whenever I Really Wanted too. He Tells Me That Alot. But I Like to Smoke With Him More Any Ways. So I Don't Do it Unless I Need too.:confused_2: There isn't a Limit tho if I Wanted to I Could Smoke All Day but I Gotta Take Care of Our Kids as Well You Know?

~Toni~

17. Nope, and honestly I would be a bit disappointed if I was tipped with weed. I can buy my own weed, and would prefer to have cash so I can choose how I use my tips. It sounds great and all but weed doesn't pay the light bill, put gas in my car, or clothes on my back. All of which is why I work. If I wanted to be broke and have plenty of weed I would just quit my job and grow.

• Like Like x 1
  18. my wife has been smoking a lot while i am gone at work. i was thinking of ‘hiding’ the really good stuff because she is blowing though it like crazy

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Ohhh That's Not Good lol Maybe you should Hide it so you actually have some Left. IK How Tempting it is tho to just Stay Getting High so I understand your Wife too but it would Suck if She Smoked it all up on You.

~Toni~

20. It’s all good. What’s mine, is hers, Because everything of hers, is mine

• Winner Winner x 1