Dummy's Organic Run

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by 3Deez, Mar 31, 2012.

1. hmmmm im gonna have to check that out lol. btw happy 420

2. Thanks man. Same to you!

3. Oops just saw you had a link... muh bad lol

4. No prob bro, lol. I had another link also that I have been reading recently but I cant find it.

5. Whats up!! Ive been away for a while...had another super busy week full of non-stop running!! I ran out to Nevada with a friend as a favor to him. He moved up there and took advantage of those super cheap property prices they currently have. This guy landed a sweet brand new 4 bedroom home on 2 acres for under 130k!!! I drove his RV up there for him while he drove his truck with his bikes in tow. We drove through death valley...Ive been there a few times before but I never really stopped to look around.

We snapped a few pics. While I was taking some of the pics, we got buzzed by an F/A-18 Hornet from the nearby base!!! It was low and hauling ass:eek::eek:! Scared the freakin crap outta me!!! I didnt even get a pic because he was moving so fast!! I was gonna go over to the area where Charles Manson had his hide out but it was way off the path so we didnt go since we needed to get moving...anyhow, for those who have never seen it, here's a small sample of Death Valley....

Attached Files:

6. Okay, so now for the "important pics":D...

They all got touched by my lights this week...:eek:. I didnt anticipate the growth!!

[​IMG]

Another one...:wave:
    [​IMG]

Here's one showing some internode growth...
    [​IMG]

7. Here's a few pics of m,y baby "3Leaf"...I so hope that this one turns out to be a girl!!

[​IMG]

Heres something really cool that I noticed about 3Leaf last night. The top kind of bent over so she decided to grow two tops as if she has BEEN topped!! Talk about initiative!:D
    [​IMG]

8. One more update...by the way, Im trying to get the hang of how to size my pics so I can type text in between them so please bear with me!! Okay the last pics are a before and after pic of one plant that was showing alot of N deficiency...I didnt think that I would have something like this going on this early in the grow but Im still trying to dial my soil mix in...

Anyhow, I made an alfalfa/kelp mix up last week a few gallons of water and let it bubble for two days....the smell was freakin strong:eek:...I watered the plants with it and gave them foliar spray with it also....worked like a charm:yay:. Here's the before and after shots!!
    Before...

[​IMG]

After...
    [​IMG]

9. 3D!!!! great photos. Man, Death Valley looks like a very rugged place to be in if you were walking. I've read where it gets incredibly hot there. Is the Salton Sea close to that area? I read that the water is drying up and all the toxic chemicals will be blown around causing health problems for well just about everything.
    Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that your crop is looking good. I want to do the same thing as you, grow organically, have a few good mothers, and be able to clone perpetually. It's_420! has a great looking mother, doesn't he? I didn't realize that you would have to worry about trimming roots to keep a mother, so I am going to read the link you have been so nice to share about having a good mom.
    I don't know about you, but I have found these forums to be fantastic! Most of the folks are gracous, polite, and helpful as hell!
    Man, you had my mouth watering with the photo of your smoked meat! Got to fire up the grill today! And those were some beautiful peppers also. They look HOT!!! I can't eat them straight, (my tounge and stomach will rebel) but they do add flavor to many of my meals.
    How did you like driving an RV? I was thinking of doing something like that, just travel around on an RV, but if something happens to me, my wife would be stranded anywhere we went. plus the price of gas is just so damn high!
    Anyway, I bought a beater 1996 chevy silverado 4 wheel drive just a couple of weeks ago, and it gets between 15 and 17 miles a gallon.
    I bought it to pull my boat. I have an old (nothing i have is ever new) 1975 Omega 16 foot boat with a 160 horse merc cruiser engine. The engine and lower unit were both overhauled because the guy who brought it from California didn't know what freezing water (Winter) will do to closed systems like an engine or lower unit.
    Anyway, I used to have a Sonoma and pulling that boat was always hard on it; I would have to be careful of what ramps i used because i might not be able to pull her out! In fact, I think spinning my wheels trying to get her out may have caused the SITUATION!!!
    Whch was as Dave and I (you remember Dave, he was the one who fell out of his canoe) were driving my Sonoma and boat back home going about 65 miles an hour when all of a sudden my truck starts fishtailing and the boat is swinging back and forth behind us........I tried to pull out of the swerve we were headed for and for a second there I managed it.........then the boat slammed around the other way and we were sliding and screaming sidewise down the pavement.....all i did then was just hold on. As we slid out of control down this 4 lane highway, some idiot passed us! Can you believe that? Anyway, fortunately we came to a rest with the truck and boat still on the high way and some pretty neat black marks where the tires slid. We jumped out of the truck to access the damage and see if i could get her off the road, at first, I thought what the fuck...........as all the tires seemed to be inflated still......but a closer look showed that the right rear tire lost all the tread! I've seen tire treads on the highway, and always thought it must be a shoddy tire that caused that, but now, I know differently. Anyway, we got her off the road and survived (lol) But the truck bed had a bulge where it didn't before, and my boat trailor is a wee bit bent.
    Anyway, that's why i bought a new (to me) truck. So now I'm thinking........travel trailer!
    Anyway, my friend, your plants look good, and i hope you have wonderful success on your organic grow!

10. Whats up Slith!! Thanks for dropping in!!

Yeah Death Valley is a pretty desolate place man! I can only imagine how the early settlers were able to make it through there on horse and carriage!!:eek: I did see some people biking through there too...not me though!!! Driving that RV was a pretty good time...gusts of wind will scare the crap outta ya though!:D I wouldnt mind taking a cross country trip in one some day...but not until these damn gas prices get back to reality...that damn RV gets 9 gallons to the mile:eek:.

The Salton Sea is actually way south of Death Valley. I drive through that area twice a week on my way to and fro. You can see all the dried up crap all around the highway during the hot months when the water levels go down. All its good for is people who want to jet ski and that sort of thing. I dont think that there are any fish in that water...but Im not sure.

Im glad that you and Dave made it out of that "situation"!! I laugh at your story but at the same time, I am glad that you are okay bro. Could have been a totally different outcome. Catch some fish but come home safe!! Thats what my wife always tells me:wave:.

11. Quick update with more pics...

My babies are nice and green again!! No more yellowing after the kelp/alfalfa feed and foliar spray!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My lil girl (hopefully:D) "3Leaf"
    [​IMG]

And heres a random pic of some smoked ribs that I rocked this weekend...small sample. I had actually made several racks!
    [​IMG]

12. Ok. now you just have to stop posting pictures of them ribs!!!! Damn!! I get the munchies every time i see them.......Just look at them, laying there and glowing with succulent juices....Oh man! I get so hungry.......it's just too much temptation....
    Three leaf looks very healthy I too hope it's a lady! Good growing Chef 3D!

13. babies looked like they picked back up nicely.. and those ribs made my mouth water lol

14. Yeah, what he said ^^^ :D

Nice work, DDD! It's not easy bringing young plants back from a state of over-watering. It takes a lot of patience and self control. Bravo! :hello:

See ya...

15. Haha!! Thanks Slith! Yeah, I try to hook it up as much as I currently know how with my outdoor cooking. Im finding that I really enjoy smoking meat more than barbequing. It gives me much more time to kick back and drink some cold ones!:D

Thanks Dan! One day I will be able to hook everybody up with smoke from grow and food from my grill and smoker when they get the munchies!!

Thanks Papawayne, you know I wouldnt have been able to save em so early if it had not been for you taking the time to duck in and help out a novice grower. I really appreciate it;).

16. Heyyyyy...are you taking names and addresses for your invite list yet? 'Cuz I'm ready!

Thanks, DDD, but you know what they say about advice, "It's only good if you take it." You did, and your girlz love you for it. It's all on you, man.

See ya...

17. Yeah, 3D, you will be the most popular guy in Arizona! Buds and Ribs! Almost as good as buds and boobs.........Well to look at, frankly if I was present, I'd be all over them ribs!!! I would scarf it down and suck on the bones! Damn! now I'm hungry again......

18. Don't tease me with that offer lol haha...I'm gassing the car up waiting for the invite lmao

19. Well...one of the guys over in the vermicomposting thread asked for some pics of my worm bin. SO I finally got around to taking some today. Its not an elaborate set up by any stretch...but just the same its doing the job so far. So here ya go Kush!

Two 18 gallon storage totes. A lid on top and a lid on the bottom for catching drippings. I had another red tote but didnt use it. Two seems to be more than enough for my small set up. I only keep a few plants at a time so this is cool for me.
    [​IMG]

I use cut off water bottles to catch the drippings. Using quite a bit of them helps to support the weight of the bins. Until I can figure out something better, this is my catch system;).
    [​IMG]

I dont get alot of drippings which is fine I was told. As you can see here, I got a little bit...nothing to brag about but it will get used for sure!
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of my bottom tote with the finished bedding in it....a few worms still in there but I also have alot that have moved up to the upper bin. I'll harvest the rest out and put them up top.
    [​IMG]

A pic of the worms that are making the transition up to the fresh bedding and more food!
    [​IMG]

And here is a pic of worms that have made the transition and are now in the top bin eating and workingon my next harvest which will be months from now! My bedding mostly comprised of shredded newspaper. I know some use mostly compost as the bedding but I recycle my newspaper and I also add composted chicked manure (which I will do later this week) along with carboard.
    [​IMG]

And thats it!! Nothing fancy. Just homemade castings that I hope will be much more better than what I have been spending money on!:wave: