Dummy's Organic Run

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by 3Deez, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Thanks guys! Im still up in the air about when I should take come cuts so I can clone and sex em. They are starting to take off in growth so Im thinking that if I wait another week, I can get some really tops to clone while effectively topping the plants.

2. Topping plants has it's own complications, do you always top them?

3. Hey DDD,

What's the rush? Your girlz are just coming out of a stressful period, and like you say, "They are starting to take off in growth..."so why are you thinking about cutting them already?

Weak mothers make for weak clones. Give them some space. Let them get vigorous and strong before you put them under the knife.

See ya...

4. Yeah, I know what you mean. I only have experience with one mother before and she was topped mistakenly when a light fell on her main cola. It fell on her in the right spot where it basicly topped her. After that, she just got really bushy so I whent with it. Later I fimmed one of the clones that I got from her and it turned out to be a really good outdoor bush.

If I never top her can I still get good cuts from her once she is mature enough? I usually take anywhere from 3-6 cuts each time in order to get two really good ones. Might help me to save some space if I dont?

Good point. I see what you mean. Maybe I can just let them go into the bigger pots next week or so and let em get a bit more established first. I just want to find out wether they are boys or girls at this point.

5. at 8 weeks in veg with normal growth you should have at least a few nice bottom branches to clone.

6. That sounds like it fits in with my plan. The only thing that I wonder with that is wether I will be able to keep them short and not take up alot of vertical space? My over all goal with regard to size is to keep the mothers relatively short. The mother Ihad last year was around 5ft in height. I'd like to keep the mothers around 2-3ft so I can keep them on a shelf under minimal lighting.

7. Another update for you all!!

Snapped a few more pics this morning. The babies are doing even better:D. I just wanted to show off how they are taking off!!

Attached Files:

8. more pics....

First one is my "3leaf"...I really hope she's a girl. Ive gotten attached to this one in particular...I know that sounds corny but I was gonna throw this one out at one point when it only had the 3 leaves (one true leaf and the two cotalydons(sp?) ). Its pulled through and is now giving its siblings a run for their money!

Last pic is random of one the plants that I wanted to show some internodal growth on!

Attached Files:

9. Hey DDD,

Looking better every day, my man! Keep letting the pots dry out, and before you know it, those leaves will be standing at attention for you.

See ya...

10. Another pic!! Just wanted to show you guys another one of my passions. I LOVE TO COOK out:love:. This pic is a pork butt roast that I smoked all day yesterday. Had some guests over for pulled pork, baked beans slaw and corn bread and it was delicious:yummy:. By the way, this was my first pork butt that I smoked. The next one will have more bark on the outside. I didnt go as heavy on the dry rub as I should have I guess!!;)

Attached Files:

11. Hey DDD, your plants are looking happy and healthy.

I may not love to cook, but i do love BBQ and that pork looks :yummy::yummy:

12. BBQ looks amazing!!!

13. omg... that pork looks so fucking good man!
    pulled pork sammiches is one of my favorite things ever!~
    I wanna invite to the next one!
    Good luck with the "girls". Hope they show you some tits soon!

14. Hey everybody!!! Thanks for the kind words on my work here, I really do appreciate it:wave:! As I said before, that smoked pork was awesome. Im working my way up to become a BBQ pitmaster one day:D. I make my own sauces and all that stuff. I just made one that was a sweet honey and habanero sauce...my wife loved it...her and my kids are my biggest critics so if they like it, then I know its on. Soon I plan to bust out my first brisket! Then I'll try to compete somehwere.;)

Okay, this was a busy week...but not with the plants unfortunately. I was on the road to San Diego briefing at a confrence. I had not spoken in front of a crowd in almost 10yrs and this crowd was 200+ people so I was pretty nervous:eek:....once I got up there though, it was on!!! I hit all the wicketts and even got laughs from a few wise cracks I threw in!! I know it whent good 'cause my boss told me that he wants me to brief in Texas soon then Nevada at at the end of the summer!! So...yeah...the speaking in front of folks skills are back!!!:hello:

Well as for the plants....I came home last night to find them in good shape. They just wanted some water so I gave em a foliar spray since I plan to transplant today. I will post pics soon as I get em in their new homes!

15. Waiting for pics of the transplant!!! lol jk take your time!
    Glad to hear you can still rock it on the mic 3d! Do you smoke before you go up or would that be sensory overload?

16. Okay...sorry it took me so long to get the pics up but here goes!

I got the transplant done. Just in time too I think. Im still getting my soil dialed in so dont freak out when you see the yellowing leaves:eek:. I guess I whent too light on the nitrogen amendment...hopefully the transplant will make em happy again. I'll let em rest up then give em a tea next watering if things dont look better.

Attached Files:

17. Updated pic of "3leaf"... by the way...my lights came down on one of the plants. You can see the burn marks in the back plant.

Attached Files:

18. Here's a couple more pics that I wanted to post last night but they wouldnt come through for me...so here they are!:wave:

Yesterday I got my butt out back and picked some chilies from my lil garden. I use the chilies for everything from salsa to bbq sauces that I make....anyhow, while I was picking the chilies, this lil birdie came up and sat right on my fence not more than a few feet away from me!! He just sat there and looked at me for a long time and even let me snap some pics of him. My guess is that he's been living wild for some time because his feathers were long enough for him to fly...after a little while he took off. I hope he comes back again.

Attached Files:

19. I herd on another thread that if you top dress i think bat guano that will help boost the Nitrogen. I don't know for myself but that's what they said. And i just realized i missed 2 pages of posts.... so a question i have is how do you train roots? or prune roots? don't remember which one u said when u were talking about making the mother's bonzi plants. I haven't taken the time to look up bonzi trees or training but it sounds useful for my space constrictions.

20. There's another thread here on GC by Micrgrower...I cant find it right now though but here is another one that I have been reading also. Im not experienced with the technique at all though. in fact, Ive been trying toget more info because I am worried that clones from a bonzai'ed mom will turn out small plants also...but the logic dictates that a clone should be able to grow to full size so long as its not trained as a bonzai plant would be.:confused: If I am correct, even a bonzai'ed mom would grow somewhat normal if her roots are not pruned?

http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/291687-bonsai-mums-guide.html