Dumb question about proto pipes

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by MisterStardust, Nov 29, 2020.

1. I've smoked from a proto pipe in the past, and ended up buying a knock off one because finding rubbing alcohol to use for cleaning my glass is very difficult right now. Plus, I really like the little lid that you can cover the bowl with and have missed the ease of that feature. I've been capping my bowls with my (round) clipper lighter for about a year now and I feel like it keeps flower from burning too quickly when smoking alone.

For some reason, I thought I'd be able to collect the resin from the trap and like roll it into a ball for when I've ran out of weed. About 5 or more years ago I had stoner buddy who had a real proto pipe and he happened to always have little resin balls when we were out of bud; he kept them in the stash part of the pipe. I'm not sure if he was collecting them from his PP or not, but now I'm curious if this is even a thing you can do with this style pipe that has a resin trap. Since I've lost contact with him, I figured someone here might know if this is even a thing or if it was hash or some other concentrate form.

2. What was the question ?