Rock Drummers?

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by Bamther, Dec 7, 2018.

1. #1 Bamther, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Are there any other drummers in here. I’ve been down the rabbit hole for over 30 years now. No more gigging though.

This is my better of the two kits. Pearl Masters in quilted bubinga sunburst finish. They’re beautiful (to me). All cymbals are Sabian. Everything from AA, AAX, HHX, and a prototype ride.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  2. I'm not but I really liked the movie "Whiplash". If you haven't seen it it'd be worth the rental.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I don’t know if I’ve seen it or not, but I’ll definitely look it up. Thanks, man!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BrassnWood sent me a link to say my thass a big ass kit ! wouldn't wanna take it anywhere..my kit is complete opposite..i was done playing due to rhumatoid arthritis after 40 plus yrs..sold all my gear then moved to the desert.. got treatment wit nu drugs available and got my mobility bk..found that theres lots of wrk in my area and thought i'd give it a go for some extra income playing oldies and stds..i'm playin a small Odery Cafe kit 14''BD..didn't care for the snare connected to hi hat or flr tom connected to BD..got stds for bth..this kit fits entirely in two cases on whls..except for cymbal case..bought the cases on ebay dirt cheap..also a old DW drum throne ..bid on a cymbal bg wit 13 cymbals frm estate sale for $130 and won..two hi hats, ride and crash were sabians and they'll be used..changing BD heads to remo power max..was donated a DW 5000 pedal..so my gear is slowly gettin hot rodd'd..places i'm lookin to play you nd a small kit and its gotta be light for me to manage it up and dwn the stairs..currently lookin for another car and then i'll be going to auditions until then its hydro and soil going on 40yrs grwng 000_8193.JPG 000_8234.JPG 000_8235.JPG 000_8237.JPG 000_8238.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  5. What state are you in? I have more drum gear than I need.

6. i'm in socal..palm springs area the hi desert part

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 Digital2112, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    2019-06-17 19.16.20.jpg Nice kit! Im a drummer for a classic rock power trio called Seven Sundays. Mostly do 70's UK stuff. Here's my kit. Its kinda special to me. This exact kit was played by Anika Nilles at a drum clinic I went to. Tama hyperdrive duo.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tried drumming, but failed tragically..

9. hah! i know the feeling..a little update..so i run my ad ''drummer returning after lengthy abscence..seeks wrkng situation'' i put it in CL..i get no calls the first time..three mos ltr i run it again this time a bnd calls me..top 40 classic rock.there's a kit at rehersal place so i don't hv to bring mine..cool..guy says he's been tryin to put bnd together for 3 yrs..has killa bass, keys, singer and he plays rhythm..ok..so i go to the rehersal place on the chosen day..evrybdy is in their 50's (i'm 68) except the singer who's a guy and is tryin to sing and play a guitar.. has a i got this millenial attitude..the leader has an A-Type personality (sells rv's for a living)..he and the singer bicker thru the whole session..oil n wtr..the keys player is a woman who weighs 350lbs at least..got four keybrds stacked like fucking mt everest so you can't see her only her head..she got white framed glasses so all you can see is reflection of the keybrds in them..like a how they draw glasses in cartoons..bass player was terrific and said little as the singer and leader bickered..the songlist was heavy wit Tom Petty, Bad Co,Eagles, Cream..ugh! played the shit..then took a break..went outside smoked 1/2 J..all my joints hurt..i hadn't played wit people in 8 yrs and am comin bk frm rhumatoid arthritis (wonder drugs that wrk..expensive as hell!) so i'm not fit..ok but i can get fit if i got a project..leader calls me nxt day says i'm evrything they lookin for but that i slow down..WTF! you couldn't tell me during the session..then the fucker goes and when you smoked weed you really slowed dwn..i got the sense this dickhead don't like stoners at all and it was more about that methinks..responded to an ad singer/songwriter put in..she sent me a link..orginals and not bad..sorta Jewell meets Alyanah miles but not where i'm going at this age..sent her a nice email told her her material was gd but not for me..i will continue the quest

10. " Drummers can Rock All Night!" I played percussion for many years,switching music styles from jazz to rock to funk. As I got older I also learned piano, bass, and guitar proficiently enough to jam with others. I'm in my 60s now and am learning Blues Harmonica! God Bless YouTube musicians who are willing to share their time and skills.

The Hippies were right! "Good Weed and Good Music cause Good Vibrations!" rbgig.jpg wildhair2.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Been playing for 20+ yrs on and off.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have Always loved playing percussion and also started early in life. My father, uncles, cousins and brother , all played guitars, so I played the bongos, congas, anything just to jam along.
    Next was kid bands, battle of the bands in jr high, All drum studies in upper schooling, Pep Bands, Orchestra, Dance, Jazz, World Beats. Loved playing drums and watching many great drummers live in San Francisco.
    Now I play guitar and even my playing style uses a very percussive style. Drummers!,...We Got the Beat!. \m/

13. Hahaha! Rock on brother ! Percussionist my whole life 50 yrs young . Progressive rock, jazz , metal, blues I live it all :) [​IMG][​IMG]

14. Lol it’s 245 am here , burnin a fatty , tending to my plants an rockin out to some amazing music. I like it hard and heavy , I like it soft an creative .. it absolutely has to be inspirational .

One of my favorite percussionist . Gavin Harrison . One of the most musical drummers I have ever heard. Oozes with talent . (Band -Porcupine tree