Driving 100+ Miles Per Hour

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by pocket biscuits, Jan 30, 2012.

1. I have a 87 FJ 1200 Yamaha ,, they called it the flying pig .
    130HP off the show room floor with a sprocket change the bike would do 155 MPH
    [​IMG]
    Only issue was it was only fun driving it like i was on the drag stripe .
    My very first run and qualified in pro class .
    0.499 1/8 mile

• Like Like x 3
  2. We have hi way 140 ... at one point the road is as straight as far as the eye can see for 77 miles . .
    All desert , normally no cops 2 lane road...no gas stations no towns , just desert and what ever animals that get in the way ..
    I have hit birds on my bikes ... at 100 plus MPH .
    There is also the black rock desert no speed limit ,its where the worlds land speed record was made .
    And the 2nd option to land NASA's space shuttle .
    Same place as burning man is or was held .
    Its 60 miles of super smooth desert lake bed , dry in the summer and normally has abought a 1/2 of water on it in the winter ..
    All anyone has to do is get here in the summertime and you can go as fast as you can or want ..
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Damn that would be fun

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Had the chance again and.... my car has a speed limiter of 180km/h Got to 112mph was pulling in 5th gear with 6th to spare and boom lost all thrust down shifted to 4th and gave it gas but no bueno.

5. I am, on the contrary, a supporter of safe driving. 70 miles is enough for me

6. I don't know, there's a feeling you get only after hitting 150mph, which I'm sure gets better with more speed. I did it twice in my challenger, needless to say it wasn't exactly built to sustain those speeds. That's when that feeling gets a little wonky, haha.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. #1287 rasta_dood, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Do you know why I prefer 70-90 mph? I'll tell you, I was driving. This was the case when I had my first car, this is a Jeep Grand Cherokee 1999.But unfortunately I had problems with 68rfe transmission.Lucky I have repair it. I was driving with my family on the highway, it so happened that I began to pick up speed (the car is soft, holds the road well) ... I just wanted to press on the gas again and again. But then, at a speed of 95 mph, I felt that the car began to drive slightly to the side ...No, everything is fine, I just then got scared that the car would be thrown to the side of the road. I was afraid for my family then. Since then I have not exceeded the speed of 75 mph ...

8. I hit 150 in my ninja and 145 in my s-10 once. There’s really no other feeling then seeing the trees on either side of the road start to get blurry. That is a vehicle not designed for high speed lol

9. That's a good reason.

10. Yea, most vehicles are not designed for that. But bikes are designed for that only you have that much less surrounding you in case of impact, that would scare the shit out of me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. And that’s exactly why I sold it

12. I was the same way....and then I found out about trackdays :) No trees, mailboxes, cars, texters, cops, gravel in the corners, etc. :metal:

This is probably the best commercial I saw.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Track days are dangerous too. I broke 4 vertebrae in my neck and got scalped in my rollcaged Lincoln. Always a risk going fast, but the adrenaline is worth it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I posted about my olde Porsche going 100+,
    I have an old 1956 VW I had a Porsche 1600 motor in. The speedo went to 70 mph which the car would do in 3rd gear. In 4th, I pegged the needle, as in bumping the back side of the zero peg. I dont know just how fast I was going but it accelerated from there (a little bit). Now the Porsche at speed over-steered, which is good, but the VW was frightenly under-steered, turned the steering wheel, and it took its own sweet time, 'before changing lanes!'

• Like Like x 1
  15. Did the Ton on several motorcycles and a couple of cars over the years......

Fastest I've ever been is 212 mph in a high speed train between Guangzhou and Shenzhen.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. I have hit 100 in a chevy impala on a long straight road when there was no one around, back when i felt more invincible. Now after a run in with sheriff john brown i realize i am no longer invincible, and there are better ways to take out male testosterone impulses than behind the wheel of a car, something a lot of grown men have not even realized. I'm just gonna take it out by having sex. Then I can fuck a girl silly then get behind the wheel and drive like an old lady because there's no aggression to take out. Everyone has their thing I suppose.

• Like Like x 3
  17. I like how things look at 130+

• Like Like x 3
  18. Where everything looks like you’re looking through a blurry glass tube

• Like Like x 3
  19. 131 in the 1/4 mile at the track in a regular cab 3/4 ton truck
    126 in 1/4 in 06 4 door Dodge Ram 2500
    130 in my vw Jetta
    120 in ctsv
    140 on motorcycle

• Like Like x 2
  20. Today ? Maybe 115 ..