Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, May 15, 2013.

1. When working Tincture to Coconut oil transfers and the end product is capsules be very sure to get all traces of water out of the RSO before capping as any remaining water will melt the capsules and make a blob of all your hard work.
    Ask me how I know :-(
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO
    Here is another thread I maintain with a different angle on RSO so if you need more reading material. :)
    An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun
    The last round of Tincture making.
    An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun
    Recovering the 190 proof in the still and the final fan reduction.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  2. A final 220 for 20min heating in the oven before going on the heater for capping should take care of any water issues.

3. In the oven or in a hot water bath will do the trick. It's just little extra step. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Now you're getting to the heart of the matter and why the 151 has the extra step. You won't notice any difference until you start reducing it and this you'll see when you do it. The GD will start to separate into layers as more alcohol is evaporated. The alcohol evaporates faster than the water so it will disappear and leave the water and cannabis oil (RSO) globules. It's pretty much shown in the video. It starts to do that right around the halfway mark or maybe a little earlier. You don't want that for your tincture so you have to get rid of the water then make it your desired strength afterwards.

The reason you don't add the oil for a transfer initially is because you'll run across that water before too long and your oil will start spitting at you. I have a video of that. I was going to try transfers that way then determined that the "gooey oil" process was better. Check this out. magiciendisparait (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

151 Tincture - Solvent Transfer to Coconut Oil Video Post 8432

• Like Like x 2

5. PSam, you really hit that nail on the head haha... water is the trouble maker... reminds me of cooking... that spitting spatting pan lol... ya know, I did see that separation and RSO globbing in the video but I must not have registered... I see the light, and stand confident on the journey before me... the herbs are decarbed & accompanying 151 in the freeze... feeling good about life.

I have one last question... and it's more for novelty than anything... I would love to hear BrassNWood's opinion as well, as it relates to his oil method...

Please explain the essential difference (if any) & the specific benefits of these two methods or approaches....

1.) Reduce GD to RSO, then reconstitute with coconut oil in order to make capsules....

2.) Make cannabis infused coconut oil via BrassNWood's standard heat & freeze method starting with dry herb

If you were to proceed with method 1, would you still need to do the (2(+) 20min cook @ 220F & freeze cycles or would that infused oil be ready and available from the start?

If using the same volume of oil (2 tbsp) & the same starting quantity of cannabis flower (7g) for both methods 1 & 2 ~ is there any essential difference or unique benefits that would be derived from choosing one method over the other.... It seems like they would yield the same potency & end results, but I'm not sure if the extraction process adds something that the infusion doesn't ~ or vice versa...

Take it away guys, my gratitude is ever present ~

6. I do make an oil similar to BnW's in power from a solvent transfer into oil. It uses 28g of flower that is then reduced and transferred into 1oz, 2 tbls. It has tested to over 110mg/ml. It has no lecithin but that can be used if desired. Many folks have compared our products and say that they are equal. I call it "Dragon Oil". You can do the extra oven time if you want a more sedative oil.

Here's some of that. The small batch is reduced and transferred to 10ml. I seems that you should check out the Table of Contents from my larger thread. It might help answer some of your questions. dragon (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

Index/Table of Contents
    for
    Another Tincture Thread....Try It, You'll Like It!

Dragon Oil Production Guide 1 - GD Derived Small Batch Post 6814
    Dragon Oil Production Guide 2 - Large Batch Filter & Reduction Post 6832
    Dragon Oil Production Guide 2 - Large Batch Transfer Post 6833

• Like Like x 1
  7. Method 1 does not require the heat freeze cycles.

I made lots of BNW caps with his exact recipe and 5g flower. Now I make caps from GD transferred to oil with lecithin per BNW ratios.

In my opinion the whole flower caps are more efficient only because of the simple fact that the flower is strained out to make GD.

• Like Like x 2
  8. The only negative to the flower caps is that if you take a decent sized dose it can make your poop smell like some skunky assed funk.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. I guess everything's got its drawbacks, huh? Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. PSam, another satisfied customer here with the 151 method... got a very nice tincture ~ golden hue ~ tasting like a very astringent grapefruit lol... & working phenomenally... like the same level high from smoking but cleaner & lighter, i feel...

So far have tried 10 drops sublingual ~ 10 drops in some peanut butter & 10 drops dilluted in water...

Definitely favoring the food & water based carriers... that burn surprised me lol... at first not so bad but then wowza!

Thanks again for all your patience & guidance throughout... this is a revolution in the cannabis... hopefully everyone sees this and finds benefit because what good you can do with only 7g my goodness :)

Could have probably used a final filter at the end but im happy :)

Peace 20200406_152715.jpg 20200406_152759.jpg

Sent from my SM-A205U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  11. Very nice. See, not hard at all. magiciendisparait (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 2
  12. PSam,

What do you think are the effects of muddling or mashing the flower alcohol mixture vs shaking only on the extraction of GD?

13. I've done that and the only difference I could tell was that the more the material was worked, the more chlorophyll and other polar compounds there were which would affect the taste but not much else. The alcohol will seek out and extract the trichomes without much effort in a matter of minutes if not seconds. It's just a matter of esthetics, though. :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. So you no longer mash yours as you did with the spatula in one of your vids?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oh, I smash the heck out of it once I get it in the strainer but no longer while it's soaking. At the time I was just trying to get everything out of it. Over time through experience and testing I better learned how to streamline the process for the best possible product for both effects and those esthetic features. I not only wanted it to feel good but look good, too. :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hey PSam, quick question....

Say I wanted to do a solvent transfer (to coconut oil) after the final reconstituting with 151... will a second reduction (warm water bath) of the alcohol be okay for the quality of cannabis?
    I'm about half way through my first alcohol batch & I'd like to try the coconut oil carrier without making a new GD entirely... can i evaporate the remaining alcohol & add the desired amount of coconut oil to the 'gooey' RSO?

17. It's not called a solvent transfer for that action because all your solvent is already gone when you make the gooey oil (rso). All you're doing now is infusing your coconut oil with the rso and not the GD. It shouldn't harm your cannabinoids to reduce your GD back to rso then make the oil. :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. I see... thats what i thought, just wanted to make double sure... but Sam, i kinda goofed at the final process when coconut oil was infusing into the RSO... i tipped the sacred bottle into the water (accident) & a bit of water, maybe 1fl oz, mixed in with the coconut oil... now the oil ~ water mixture is reducing in the double boiler.... is this the best method ~ evaporating the water, or should i stick in the freeze and allow them to seperate? Thank you

19. I would just siphon off the water if you have a pipette to stick into that layer or you can refrigerate it, not freeze, so that the coconut oil will solidify and allow you to get rid of the water. In the double boiler you'll get that spattering when it gets hot. I'd try to separate it. :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Many thanks, Sir. I do appreciate your support and guidance...

I successfuly seperated the water through the fridge...
    I ended up adding the little bit of cannawater to the last bit of GD tincture... now being diluted, i took a bigger dose, but noticed the potent effect was still there & the usual sharpness of the alcohol was now pleasant and subtle with the added water... this got me thinking.... could i make a concentrated green dragon @ 1 fl oz, and then add 2 fl oz of pure water and still have the same potency per fl oz as with the traditional method? Would anything differ? Would like to hear your thoughts on this... i bring it up only for taming the alcohol... it really isn't so bad, but having it mellowed is definitely a preference.

Thank you

• Like Like x 1