Do you own a motorcycle?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by LoveisKind, Jan 9, 2015.

1. I had a suzuki 1100 carbed that ran better than kawasaki vulcan 1500 fuel injected. If the carb is set properly its gravy. Now if its a harley i would nevee touch a carb again on one of those. Fuel injected all the way. Beef supreme is right. About the head stock check it over in the front end. But also flip side. People around here often swap out front ends on there sprot touring for straight sport front ends because of the handeling on them is better. I guess its buyer beware?

Sent from my LG-M320G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Carbs are 100x more maintenance, not as efficient, worse at cold starting. FI all the way for all brands. I've had a ton of both and even my best carbed bike couldn't compare to any of my FI. Sooner or later the carb will act up.

Only get a carbed if you're low on funds lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Definatly not low on funds. I guess for some bikes i prefer carbs. If your racing your machine fi all the way. But sonething about being able to tear it down on the side of the road and fix it has always got me. So many things to consider with fuel injection. To many electrnics. My street glide broke one day halfway into a ride hauled it to the dealer and it was a computer glitch that cost me 2000 to fix. Suszi stopped running was a float bowl stuck. (4 carb setup). Id much rather take the suzi across country then the harley. Except the harly was a couch on wheels.

Sent from my LG-M320G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #164 Dizzy, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    My husband owns a Harly Davidson an its one of my favorite tings when he takes me for rides on it during summer time.

~Toni~

5. Ya I sure do a 1995 1200 Sportster teal Blue
    My Bike.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. suzuki sv650

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Ive been racing bikes since I was a kid. Currently on an S1000RR that I road race!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. IMG_1825.JPG Yes ! I'm going for my road test today actually . 2007 cbr 125. Not much but gets the job done right . Hopefully I pass .

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Once upon a time...
    [​IMG]
    ... had a couple.
    250cc, single cylinder, 2 stroke, dual exhaust, dual spark plugs, dual coils.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Suzuki V-Strom 650 for those long adventures DSCF1659.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. I ride a Yamaha WR250R Dual-Sport motorcycle. I love that I can go highway speeds when I need to or I can disappear on some small dirt trail when I want to. I ride this bike on my 20 acre plot or to work every chance I get. IMG_20190608_091214739.jpg

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Like Like x 2
  12. KLX 300 R

downsized_0605112040 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. No Moto but still fun as hell 4 mill banshee and blaster love 2 stroke power FB_IMG_1570854026951.jpg IMG_20190923_120558895_MP.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. i still have about 50% of a Yamaha 650 Maxim... anyone need a part?

15. The wife and I had a matching pair of Blasters. We regret selling them all the time! Braaapppp!

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ya I do. I just had to do some repairs cause some guy turned into me. Ended up on his hood and pushed my bike into the parking lot he was turning into. The radiator was broken, handlebars broke, the rear pedal on right side broke off, frame slider was broken off, paint scratches and a ding on the gas tank. The insurance company paid me outright for the bike. I owner retained it and bought the parts to fix it. Then the other insurance from the person gave me some money too. I just let the insurance expire so I am not going to get any riding for a while. The registration is also expired too. Just too dangerous where I live. I don't even really like driving in cars cause I feel like someone is going to turn out into me.

I have a Suzuki Sv650 2003. It runs great.

• Like Like x 1
  17. My husband own a Harley...he always takes me for a ride on it during the Summer. Its one of my favorite tings to do.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 3
  18. I own a bunch...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1