Do we have free will

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Chenry, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Start at the New Testament. If it resonates with you then you will want to learn the Old Testament. The Old Testament is heavy reading. I don’t recommend to start at the Old Testament. It is pretty awesome though.

2. So do it like star wars?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. That is what I recommend. Remember, the Bible is a historical account. Not a story. It is a history book.

4. It's a primary source for sure, although I'm sure there's plenty of blending of fact and fiction.

5. You need to read It before you comment on the Word. Everyone has an opinion on It but many have never picked it up. That was me at one time. I hated the Bible and wanted to disprove God. The only way I could argue against it was to find out about all the silly things I thought was in there. When I read it I was impacted. I now love Jesus and God. His teachings and miracles that were written down are pure love. I found peace.

• Like Like x 1
  6. If god exist then you don’t have free will
    God knows everything so your free will is just a thing that appears to you but is a fake
    If I know that you tomorrow will post a photo,tomorrow when you will do that photo you will be in front a choice,but you will post that because I knew you would have posted it...
    If I can bet 1 dollar on your choice I will always win,so you don’t have a choice
    If there’s no god then you have free will?
    No,because past,present and future are already written,also some scientist thinks that when TIME will be over “we” will se time reversing to the Big Bang to re-explode creating again our universe....

Believe me,free will are just 2 words

7. #107 Headhunterpipes, Dec 13, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    How can you say we don't have free choice , your choice is opposite then mine ?
    God does know everything ..He knows what choices we will make now and in the future , and he gives us the choice to follow his word or not .
    Just because I believe doesn't make all of my future choices good according to God/Christ .good or righteous or transgression/sin .
    Remember the Bible says to pray to God daily ,because we sin daily.
    Just because I believe doesn't mean I will not sin today or in my future , because God gave us the choice ..
    The difference is when you except God/Christ in your life you are no longer chained to sin .
    Now you have the choice to sin or transgress or not .

We are put to the test everyday , deep inside of our self's we know what is right and wrong and we have to make the choice of which path we decide to follow ..

The Choice is ,,, can you except Gods grace ......

That's it ..

8. Have you been outside lately, human beings certainly have free will.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. I think you don’t look over your finger
    Of course you have free will,every day you can decide to do a thing or not
    It is under the eyes of everyone
    Like you can watch what time is it on your phone,but time doesn’t exists
    Even reality doesn’t exists
    Reality for us is just an electric pulse in our brains

Can you answer my question?
    If god exists and knows that you tomorrow will do or not do something are you really free of your choice?if I can bet money on every action you do,and I win money because I know everything,you think you have free choice

I gave you 2 reasons why you can’t have free will,one spiritual and the other scientifical

The kid of 5 years will answer that time exists because he can watch a clock....or that reality exists because we are all here...

Of course you can decide if this mourning you will have the classical coffe or maybe a juice...you decide....but I know every thing you will do then you have a sort of free will

I love philosophy:)

1. We’re given the choice to believe God exists and is worth seeking. When we make this choice we please Him, we draw near to Him and He rewards us. Hebrews 11:6
    2. We can choose to love this life or the life to come. If we choose to love this life, we’ll lose it. If we choose the life to come, we’ll keep it. John 12:25
    3. God let’s us choose whether we will obey civil authorities. Those who resist authorities will incur judgment. Those who don’t won’t. Romans 13:2
    4. We have the choice of taking the Lord’s Supper seriously or not. If we do, we’re blessed. If not, we incur guilt. 1 Corinthians 10:16,11:27
    5. God lets us choose how much we give to Him. If we give bountifully we will reap bountifully. If we give sparingly we’ll reap sparingly. 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
    6. We have the choice of praying, asking the Father, according to the character and reputation of Jesus. When we do, we will receive what we ask. John 14:13, 16:23
    7. The most important choice we have is to believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins, was buried and rose again for us. If we make this choice we have eternal life. If we don’t, we are condemned. John 3:18, 36
    God gives us choices because He loves us and to build our faith.
    God won’t force you to obey Him, honor Him or love Him. But when you do, it will always go well with you! Choose well today.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Why would you except gods grace? Isn't it to be desired?
    Or is this an example of your free will not knowing the difference between accept and except?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Thank you ,,, I flunked English ,, I have issues with there ,they're and their too .

We desire allot of things , like love , But not everyone is willing to humble them self's and accept Gods love and forgiveness.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I never understood how god forgiving us is "realistic." If we are all created in his image, why the need to be forgiven? Is it not his choice when he created us, to define us? Therefore, it was never one's choice to believe or not; just an idealistic image of our ability to comprehend our lives, according to everyone's own reality. Isn't it why people congregate around similar things, like cannabis?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Its not my fault you don't understand Gods grace ..
    If you wish to know then read the Bible ..

14. I will present an argument for free will. If you are an unbeliever in Christ that does not believe in free will, pick up a bible. Now, consider the moment you placed that bible in your lap the start of the next one second of your life in time. Now, do you have the choice to open that book, and pray the prayer of salvation to receive Christ Jesus as your Lord and Savior? And if you do not do either of these, are you not also making a choice to not do that? Do you have the choice, do you argue it exists? Do you have the ability to follow through with the execution of the choice? Food for thought.