Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

do french inhales get you higher?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SK8LIFE, Jul 31, 2010.

1. or brainteasers n shit like that

2. No, just like coughing doesn't either.

3. A cross joint does, you get a trifecta of joint smoking power :laughing:

4. sorry but no, and you wanna explain a brainteaser?

5. a brainteaser is wen sum1 turns a blunt (or joint i guess) around so the cherry is in your mouth n blows so a lot of smoke comes out while sum1 else is inhaling it with their nose

6. no they dont get you higher, but what i have found is that (when smoking a joint/blunt and its gotten short and therefor the smoke is hot and makes the hit hard) french inhales are half as harsh as taking a normal hit. whats a brainteaser though??:smoke:

7. i actually thought french inhaling and ghosting got you higher. was told something about doing that is like reinhaling your hit so its like better.

8. No. You're not re-inhaling anything. If you're french inhaling properly the smoke should have been held in your mouth, not your lungs. Therefore you're only inhaling when you preform the french inhale itself.

9. Yeah if you do the french inhale properly you will only be inhaling the smoke once to the OP.

10. It will only get you higher by means of inhaling the extra smoke in your mouth, either way you should fill you lung span and you aren't keeping and extreme hit in your mouth so it is not that much extra smoke, I also have heard the smoke can go stale and wont do anything for you.

11. When i smoke weed i smoke a djarum black cig. And if i french inhale the cig, it gets me light headed as fuck!

So the high + light headedness = pureness

12. +Rep for making me lol for realzz haha.

13. No. it does not get you higher it is the same as inhaling through your throat, but personally I would just prefer to inhale and exhale normally.

14. For some reason I cant do any smoke tricks when smoking herb, but if its a cigar or a hookah, im doing tricks for days

15. Common sense has vanished in today's youth.

• Like Like x 1
  16. How is this commen sense? It makes sense to believe that french inhaling would get you higher. Most of the people here dont actually know what theyre saying.

17. Your nose and mouth both lead to your lungs; It's not like you have a pair of lungs for each. The only difference between the two is how often they're used to transport smoke to your lungs. If you don't french inhale often and do it with a strong concentrate, it may end up causing a little discomfort (moreso than usual, almost like a mini brain-freeze), but aside from that, there will be no difference. Your mouth and nose don't absorb cannabinoids from smoke (and if they do, it's a minimal percentage), they simply transport the smoke/cannabinoids to the same area, your lungs. The fact that this wasn't common sense for you places you in the minority that wasn't able to come to a rational conclusion within a few seconds. Sounds like a placebo effect more than anything for you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Forget what these clowns are saying, French inhaling definitely gets me higher, if you wanna call it that... All it is is recycling the smoke you don't get 100% from inhaling orally, so when you recycle the hit you just took is like getting another hit to be absorbed by the body...

19. I would actually argue that it causes you to get less high, as air that goes through your nose get filtered and has to bypass way more valves. The air you inhale through your mouth does not. So my guess is that unless the smoke you French inhale has not been to the lungs yet, it will not get you more high. The people that feel like it does get them more high most likely experience some placebo effect because they are convinced it gets them higher.