Dispensary job fair in St Louis, Mo. - Saturday 3/13/21

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by Storm Crow, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Short notice, but I just saw this, and there will be future openings according to the article. I know the dispensary where I volunteer is a rather happy place to work! :biggrin:

BeLeaf Medical To Host Cannabis Job Fair Ahead of First St. Louis Dispensary Opening
    BeLeaf Medical To Host Cannabis Job Fair Ahead of First St. Louis Dispensary Opening

BeLeaf Medical is hosting a cannabis jobs fair Saturday in The Grove neighborhood of St. Louis, where it plans to open a dispensary under the name Swade next month.

It’s the largest cannabis company in Missouri, with 10 licenses to operate dispensaries, manufacturing and cultivation sites in the St. Louis area.

Jack Haddox, Swade director of dispensary operations, said the company plans to hire up to 60 people over the next two months to staff those locations. Pay will range from $15 an hour for an entry-level position to a yearly salary of $55,000 for more experienced roles.

“Not a lot of people in Missouri have dispensary experience and that’s fine,” he said. “What I look for is really more your traditional retail or hospitality experience. A lot of our best employees have come from the bar and restaurant industries.”

With many people in the hospitality sector still out of work, he said the company has been flooded with nearly 10,000 resumes since it started hiring. Swade opened a new location in Ellisville on Wednesday and operates another in St. Peters.

Now, he said he’s hoping to hire St. Louisans local to the neighborhoods where the next dispensaries will open. By May, that will include Delmar Boulevard and Cherokee Street too. (snipped)

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1