Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Disease specific MMJ strain list

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by clinton, Apr 8, 2007.

1. This is some seriously awesome information - thanks so much for sharing it. (but your name is Clinton, can we trust it? haha JK JK!!! dumb joke :p )

• Like Like x 1
  2. hope to get some info for a benin brain tumor causing seizures and depression. a friend told me to travel to Colorado

3. Thanks for info. Im still confussed wat to go for. My mum is wanting to relieve back pain. Partly due from a pulled disk yrs ago but also she as stage 4 lung cancer.problem i am aving is which strain best for her? She wont be smokin but i will bake her cookies maybe? The cancer is not a smokers cancer but a strain of female cancer that shown in her lungs. Any advise will be appreciated. I no there is no cure but if it eases her pain and anxieties then that wood be a god send. Im growin her jack herer at minute but i think may av made wrong chioce now. Hooe ya can help advise me xxxx

• Like Like x 1
  4. CBD Critical Cure <3
    Best all around medicine I've tried so far.

5. Hi my mother suffers from moderate fibromyalgia, I hate seeing her in pain and not being able to do anything about it, she smokes for the pain but effectiveness is on and off. If anyone has experience in a similar situation I'd love to hear strain suggestions for her fibro- she also suffers from sleep issues so something that is still gonna help her sleep too is good. Atm I'm thinking most indica strains are good for her.

6. Can anyone recommend good, affordable (I'm in the Los Angeles MMJ market) High CBD strains (may contain THC) for conditions/symptoms such as epilepsy, anxiety, pain, and muscle spasms? I've tried Charlotte's Web strain and Harlequin. I would like to try ACDC, Pennywise, or any other ones that other patients can recommend.

• Like Like x 1
  7. A higher CBD indica, or CBD-dominant strain. They think I might have fibro. My nerve and muscle pain responds to a good mix of THC and CBD. I do well with the couch lock strains, but dial up the CBD when I need to be more functional. I go ahead and go for full couch lockage at bedtime.

Personally I like to tailor my effects by mixing my weed and sometimes I'll add a little bit of CBD-dominant to my couch lock weed.

My favorites so far have been Jamaican Lion (a high-CBD, moderate THC sativa), the Kushes, and something from my dispensary called Buddha OG.

Mainly I vape. I get more pain relief from edibles but sometimes they just don't kick in fast enough and it's too hard for me to get the right dose.

8. thanks for the list, interesting stuff! Looking for relief for my joint pain and my father's arthritis

9. I was won over onto Marijuana after quitting in my early 20's due to paranoia etc. Now I find I have none of that feeling. I got a licence from my doctor due to seizures of unknown origin (grand-mal) and I honestly have not had a seizure since I started smoking and taking CBD tincture every day. I've tried a few strains in the past 2 weeks. I use less pain meds, It's really one of the best things I ever tried.

I'm going to try some of the strains on your list if they come up...I've already tried quite a few of them from a medical dispensary and so far my experiences match up!

Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Can anyone recommend strains for adrenal cortical carcinoma. I'm currently growing violator kush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. I used to suffer sleep paralysis and horrendous visions n a regular basis. Went through a lot of religious nonsense trying to deal with it, but only made it worse.
    Saw a neurologist and discovered I have a some what unusual form of epilepsy that causes the brain disturbances. My Neurologist mentioned that he had heard of experiments using marijuana to control severe seizures, adding that he was not suggesting such a treatment.
    I immediately started smoking pot again and have not had an event in over thirty years. This was a severe problem for me at a couple of times in my life. I thought I had "outgrown it" and was very surprised when it returned with a vengeance in my early thirties. For religious reasons I had quit smoking pot but it never occurred to me that was why the visions had returned.

12. I know this post is a year old but just in case you have not found an answer. From what I have read, any strain will reduce the pressure in your eyes. Having glaucoma means that getting a medical marijuana card should be very easy. I'm surprised your ophthalmologist did not mention it as glaucoma was the first disease doctors knew was positively affected by weed.
    If you have not already done it, get the MM card and go to a medical dispensary for better advice. Some strains may be mre effective than others.

13. Thank you for this. I have pancreatitis at the age of 22. There is no medicine to treat it only strong pain killers. I get strictly blueberry family strains, right now I have skywalker wax and it helps so much. Marijuana is so awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Does anyone medicate for crohn's?

• Like Like x 1
  15. A lot of people do

• Like Like x 1
  16. I need to! I'm just a Nubian have no idea where to get it. I live in Oklahoma!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. I have had pancreatitis, sepsis, inflammatory bowel disease, a colectomy, permanent ileostomy, and at least a dozen scopes. I. Need. Help.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Clinton:

A couple of questions for you.. I have read your list and am very satisfied with some of the strains you mentioned.. I have Fibro, Chronic pain is for the pits... PTSD because of some life altering things that has happened to me since a child. Major Depressive Disorder, IBS, Sleep Apnea, Narcolepsy..

I am heading to Colorado in a few days and this will allow me to try some specific strains that could help me loads.. NOt that I can get that quality here but anyway for a week I will be ME..

I live in pain around 6-8 generally with Oxycodone.. Without.. Its really really bad.. I am sick of the narcotics tearing my system up.. Frankly I have made a decision to move to Arkansas so I can access quality medication..

I have found the stronger THC alleviates my pain to the point that I don't have to have the Oxy's.

I have to have a Sativa during the day because of my narcolepsy and a strong ass indica at night.. But I also need pain control during the day.. I see you mentioned you take AK47 during the day.. Does this help your pains out.. I also deal with muscle spasms. Although my doctor doesn't believe me when I say I have muscle spasms all the time.. As well as when I get up in the morning I am sick to my stomach..

• Like Like x 1
  19. NO you may not abuse them but i can tell you tht you will become dependent on them.. I am very dependent on them and if I miss a dose or am very late.. it makes me sick as hell.