Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarb + Long Term Storage

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by cardcon, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Hi All,
    Long term storage for edibles how do you do it?
    I have roughly 25 lbs i would like to put into longer storage. Is decarbing grinding and vacuum sealing my best bet?

Thanks

2. Vacuum sealing will prolong storage time a little, it also tends to compress your buds but it doesn't actually hurt them. Save the grinding and decarbing until you're going to use it because that will shorten storage life.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I think your best bet is to decarb, then seal and refrigerate unused portions.
    But I've never done that.
    I normally decarb, grind, and store at room temp for up to 6 months.
    But my edibles do seem to work less well for sleep over time, and I don't know whether it's tolerance or degradation.

Here's a test that might shed some light, from How Long Does Decarbed Weed Last? Tips for Good Storage & Shelf Life
    "We decarbed some Sour Apple back in June, and tested a portion of it immediately after. Analysis of the remaining batch tested six months later in early January showed no significant loss of THC during the storage period. In fact, aside from a tiny amount of CBN (a degraded form of THC that can make you groggy/helps with sleep), the two samples are nearly identical with over 19% THC (190mg of THC per gram of cannabis)."

• Like Like x 2
  4. I've kept decarbed herb in 1/2 gallon mason jars for extended time. As long as the container is full up you don't even need to vacuum them. It's as good a way as any for extended storage. Product is stone dry and stable.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. #5 MIW, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Harvest Right Home Freeze Dryers - The best way to preserve food

If it was me and it's all for edibles, I'd make concentrates from it, FECO, rosin and sift hash store well in the freezer. I keep rosin (Glass and silicone containers) and feco ( in syringes) in mylar zip lock bags with O scavenger packs, and in the freezer.

• Like Like x 2
  6. That's always been my go-to, tried and true curing/storage container...

Sent from my moto e6 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I suppose "long term storage" means different things to different people. My long term storage involves years but for 6 months in storage I don't think you need to do anything special, just do what's most convenient.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well I got sentenced to 5yrs , but hoping to be out in 3. I am kidding

Thanks for the replies I will prob use it within 2yrs. But I really like BNW just leaving it in a 1/2 or 1 gal mason jar to have at the ready.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Did you take a look at the freeze driers? Pricey, but according to users, the ultimate in cannabis long term storage. There are a few who use them, and post about it over on the fuck combustion forum, and swear by them. Harvest right advertises that they will keep your gear good for 25 years.