Crazy Gardener's Indoor Organic Garden

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CrazyGardener, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Have you considered cloning your plants, that spare light would work, or to start your next round of seeds.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Is your rh still at 60% ? Personally I aim for mid 70s at that age .i hung up the growing boots for a couple of years but can grow legally now so I’m back lurking on the forums

No journal yet as my grow space is under construction, I’ve got as far as the propagation area , main area should be somewhat ready for early vegging this weekend .

Both bag seed just to get a system dialed in , will be sexcloning though as I’ll keep em going if they’re definitely femmed
    Vader kush and sage &sour.
    As always I’m underprepared, I’ll be going the RDWC route though , so might not be an accurate comparison . IMG_2035.JPG IMG_2011.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yup. Great suggestion. I'll take some clones. Think I could take the clones to flower with this light if I only vegged them out enough to get rooted, comfortable, and then flower them? For a little extra bud without a whole 2nd setup. Little mini diy SOG grow with it? Ugh. Starting to feel like another grow. Maybe I'll wait for 2nd time around. Too many things to fuck with. I want to stay focused on this grow. But, I love the idea.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Over the last 5 days, my temp range is 64-76. Over the last 3 days (getting temp sorted, it hasn't dropped below 68 (lights off). RH is all over the place, and has ranged from 60-85. I'm super happy at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The reason I take clones is so I have them in veg while the original plants flower, and once I sex the plants in flower I can get rid of the male clones and keep the clones that I now know are female, and when the flowering plants are harvested the clones should be ready to go into flower, after I clone them, and on and on like that. Just something to keep in mind for the future.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. I’m sure fluctuations are better than constantly low , glad it’s working out for you anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Day 16:
    A little late posting today. It's actually the small hours of Day 17.

I have gnats, I think fungus gnats. Some are getting sucked up by the exhaust, but I put down a couple small bowls of apple cider vinegar and dish soap. Should do the trick.

Temp is hovering around 75 now since I turned up the lights.

Plants seem happy. I'm going to let them dry out a little more before they get water. That will help with gnats too.

I'm loving the idea of using LST to circle the edge of the pot. To top or not in this situation? I'm also realizing it's gonna be super fucking tight in there. It will be wall to wall. I'll dig out a couple more fans for down the road.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Day 17:
    All good in the tent. Soil is pretty dry. I'll water tomorrow. Pretty chill day. Still have gnats.
    IMG_20200208_211755478.jpg IMG_20200208_211742713.jpg IMG_20200208_211755478.jpg IMG_20200208_211742713.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. How do I decide when to water? Top of pots are dry, but plants seem good. I've got to dig down a few inches before soil is damp. No wilting?

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I water every other day. you can go by the weight of your pots, if they feel light, water, then lift them again to gauge the weight of your pot fully hydrated. I hate it when they wilt, I recommend watering evenly and thoroughly every other day, and checking the weight and when they are heavy enough skip watering that day. HTH

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  12. 920D3AAB-A645-4386-8261-978A803B508E.jpeg
    yw

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I like to guide the top of seed plants around in the outside perimeter of the container in a circle till it reached all the way around and then flip the light. It creates a really nice full bush and the top will grow a huge beautiful nug.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Slinger, you do this without topping? When do you start LST?

• Like Like x 1
  15. yep. i do not top the seed plant. i bought peony round trellis at home depot. it has wire leg stakes and a round wire that fits perfectly in a 20 gallon smart pot. i set the height at around 8" or so and when the plant was tall enough to reach the wire so i could attach it, thats when i would start guiding the main top around the circle. by the time it grows all the way around, i flip the light and during stretch it fills out great. makes a tidy bush.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. I like you style. I think this is my plan. Thanks Skunker. I've got 7 gallon smart pots, but I'll figure something out for a round trellis. Got some tomato cages in the garage...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Day 18 (from seed):
    Watered today and rotated pots around. Not too much else to report. They are growing every day!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Skunker, do you have a photo of your technique. I'd love to see an example before flower.

• Like Like x 1
  19. i actually don't anymore. i haven't grown from seed in a long time so i don't have those pics anymore. i used to have several pics of staged growth to show how to do this too. lol

• Like Like x 2
  20. I've got some tomato cages with a 14" top hoop. Same size as my smart pots. I'll cut them down to just the top hoop and long enough legs, and set the hoop about 8" above the pot. When it is trained all the way around, I'll flower. What's the circumference of a 14" pot? 40 some inches. That will be a nice plant.

I think it's coming together.
    Germ - check
    Move to tent - check
    Growing - check
    Training - plan coming together.

Need to read up on flowering, cutting, trimming, curing.

This process is going to make my veggies awesome next year. Germinating some pepper seeds to try my hand at topping.

• Like Like x 1