Crazy Gardener's Indoor Organic Garden

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CrazyGardener, Jan 1, 2020.

1. I wikipedia'ed rice hulls and the lingin. A little over my head, but interesting. They are plant material and will break down, albeit slowly, but I don't think any nutrition, just food for soil life. Like straw is pretty much nutrionless, but it'd great food for soil microbes.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Day 12:
    The kiddos are happy in their tent and got a little bigger. I'm gonna call this a rest day.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice set up man!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thanks. I took my time and so far I'm super happy. I've been reading more about LST and that is definitely for me. Now, I need a great grow to start saving me money to recoup my investment.

Smokem, your plants looked awesome, and I can't wait to work with mine. I'll be reaching out with questions.

When I get some down time, I'm going to put together a complete shopping list for my setup. See what I spent, what crap I never used, and what was nice to have. I probably wasted $100+ on stuff I thought I would need and didn't or tried and didn't like. Overall though, I'm happy with my choices and I tried to keep my setup neat and tidy and compact.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Thanks man about my plants. Ive worked hard. If you can believe it its my first grow. I did study a lot and its paying off. Happy growing bud!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Looking real nice ! I’m enjoying the whole neat and tidy.

When you have some of your own home grown in your hands , you won’t be thinking of your investments, you’ll be happy and hooked .

How’s your climate looking ? Did your humidifier come?

Have two seedlings a little younger than yours ,so it’ll be interesting to compare

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Very nice first grow bud . Very healthy looking

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks bro. Ive gardened regular veggies and flowers for years so its kind of second nature but 1000x more involved and complicated. Well its scary at first but love working with them. This grow will probably mean the world to me if I can pull it off. Im still always keeping my fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I'm at 60ish% RH, and about 70 degrees. Humidity is slowly coming down, and soil is damp, but not wet. I turned the light up for a little for more heat, and raised it up this evening. I'll monitor over the next couple days. Plug for SensorPush. A nice little temp/humidity sensor that's got an awesome Bluetooth range and data storing app. WiFi is more expensive, but I get an idea from the hours I am home. Not worth $100 for the wifi to me.

Once my pots went in and all my companion plants, the humidity problem corrected itself as someone here suggested it would. Now, my tent is a little cool, but plants seem healthy. And, as i turn the light up, it should help that.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Your complete shopping list would be very helpful too other noobies! Do it bro! Cant wait. Thats why were here or atleast me. Help others and get others help. Growing cannabis means a lot to us and this community. Any info for anyone helps in ways bigger than we think for someone even contemplating about growing. Keep up the good work man! Ill be around sor sure bro!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Day 13:

Happy kiddos, happy Daddy. Kind of a quiet indoor garden day. Been watching trading videos. I'll probably top and LST all the plants as I see how they do. I get it. I have limits within my space, but I'll use every inch. IMG_20200204_194825548.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Is it normal that I'm looking at plants in a whole different way, even at the gas station? Good shape, nice flat canopy, flip it to flower... IMG_20200205_165109622.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. It looks like it has some serious deficiencies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Day 14:
    Not much to report. Watered this am. Babies are good. Kind of another rest day. Reading and daydreaming.

IMG_20200205_200115316.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. That’s funny , I used to do the same thing but pictured some trees as colas . When I first started growing I couldn’t stop thinking about my plants all day

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Day 15:
    The toddlers like their tent. I think all is good. Air is moving, exhaust on, timer working on 18/6. Light seems good for now. I'm happy.

2 Questions:
    First, I own one of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01IVQ96MW/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Could I deploy it in my tent later in the grow? I'm not buying another one, or making any other investment, so if I could add it, and not have too much effort moving pots around, I'm open to suggestions. Right now it's a germination area for all kinds of plants, but would give it up for my MJ.

Second, I'm happy, but it's my first grow. You guys happy? 15 days from dropping dry seeds in soil: IMG_20200206_173345565.jpg IMG_20200206_173335783.jpg
    ☮️

• Like Like x 1
  17. PaddysBuds,
    I'd love to hear a little more about your grow and compare notes. My first time.

Send me a message or just reply here and we can start a conversation off of grow journal. Thanks and good growing.
    ☮️

• Like Like x 1
  18. You could add that light I you have room for it, what light are you running now?

• Like Like x 1
  19. HLG 260 v2 rspec. It's hung nicely centered. Where would I add it? One side as side lighting (uneven)? Hang it up higher on one side? I thought it might be great, but probably only serves one side, and can't replace my HLG as the primary for four plants in a 3x3 in 7 gallon smart pots.

• Like Like x 1
  20. You don't need it, that 260 v2 should do a great job on it's own.

• Like Like x 1