Crazy Gardener's Indoor Organic Garden

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CrazyGardener, Jan 1, 2020.

1. You can grow those four in that 3x3. But,I'd suggest mainlineing them all and you'll still need to supercrop the Blue dream right into the 3rd week of flower. 5 gallon pots are very small for soil. You might want to increase those to 10 gallon. 10 gallon fabric pots are 16" in diameter and four will just fit your tent. Or flip much sooner and except a lower yield for your first run. The Blue dream will still need to be tamed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Thanks bud it means a lot! Buying a 4x4 tent today for my veg tent. Used my bigger flower room this first round. Now that I have cloned there gonna need a veg tent in about a week or two depending on roots.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for the wise advice. Ordered new pots and I will pot them up this weekend. Makes total sense. Thanks for the tip on Blue Dream. I'm prepared to tame the beast.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Day 8:
    Another good day in the indoor garden. Sprouts are getting taller and leaves a little bigger. They're about 2.5" tall. They seem happy and I am too. Waiting on larger pots for my tent, that will be here Saturday.

Picked up a wireless temp/humidity sensor so I can n keep an eye it once girls go in there.

Did reading on training. I'm thinking LST, and may try topping the Blue Dream to keep height down with others, as needed.

Peace. IMG_20200130_192008985.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Can anyone point me to a resource for appropriate LUX values for various points in the growing cycle??

I picked up a light meter. Dr. Meter LX1332B. Cool new toy to try on every light in my house.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nicely organized first grow and good start .looking forward to this one . Are they sunflower seed husks as a topper?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rice hulls. Get them from my local brewery supply. Cheap byproduct. Acts like perlite. Then I'll sometimes mulch with them too in small pots.

Thanks for checking in. I am going to try to update or ramble every day.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Day 9:
    Still on first leaf set, but the leaves are getting bigger. Sprouts seem happy. I ordered 10 gallon and 7 gallon fabric pots, and chose the 7 gallon. I'd like to be able to move them as need, and have some access, and the 10 gallons were just too tight. If I think it hurts my yield, I'll change them on the next grow. Or change number of plants.

Also decided I'm firmly an LST kind of guy. I will top the Blue Dream and LST as TimJ says this one will be a tall girl.

Thanks for reading and...

Peace.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Day 10:

I'm happy. They seem happy.
    What do y'all think for day 10? Size/shape/color?

IMG_20200201_141840468.jpg IMG_20200201_142321394.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. #51 TimJ, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thanks. I dropped the light a few inches, and started moving some air.
    Peace.

• Like Like x 1
  12. More light, more air movement....they are going to be transplanted to the grow tent tomorrow and off my workbench.

Big step! I'm planning on setting my HLG 260 at 1/2 power at 30" from leaves. Sound about right?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Here you go bro! Screenshot_20200127-230654_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  14. So are the rice hulls inert or do they add any value? Looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  15. Day 11:
    The baby girls went into the tent today. I dimmed my light all the way down, snuggled them in, gave them a drink, turned on the fans, and zipped up the tent. Oh, and gave them some friends to keep them company.

It's only 68 degrees in there, but I'm hoping it will warm up. If not, do I need to run exhaust right now? Can I just run a fan to move air and let some passive air in through vents?

☮️
    IMG_20200202_161932421.jpg IMG_20200202_163322494_HDR.jpg IMG_20200202_161147874.jpg IMG_20200202_161152556_HDR.jpg IMG_20200202_161916039_HDR.jpg IMG_20200202_161926615_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. rice hulls are great but they will decompose quickly. i like to use them as a seedling aeration when i mix up seedling starter soil.

you can leave the door open to let in more fresh air. its not super important when they are that small but later on you'll want some circulation in there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2