Crazy Gardener's Indoor Organic Garden

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CrazyGardener, Jan 1, 2020.

1. The trick to plump up autos, is too top dress malted barley powder a couple times in flower. I think it’s a little too late for this grow, I never add it after the hairs turn red, or I tend to get whole new growth spurts that in turn can turn to foxtails this late in the game. That in turn makes it hard to harvest due to having some buds or parts of buds done, while other parts are throwing up fresh white hairs.
    Cheers
    Os

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. I top dressed with cracked malted barley at flower. I'll try ground next time. Seemed too chunky.
    ☮️

• Like Like x 2
  3. Buy whole malted barley, and turn it into fine powder. Wait to do this until you are ready to apply it. I like to mix it with castings or vermicompost and then apply a nice even top dress. I then immediately water it in. In a fresh soil mix I will do this once a week to 10 days, starting when she first throws lots of pistals, repeating until the first pistals start to really darken. Probably 3-4 applications total.
    HTH
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I have to say it was a good day... IMG_20210130_135251383.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nice frosty looking haul there CrazyGardener.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Mother nature won this round and I learned more about autos. Looks like a nice pile, but the bud is skinny as hell, and, there's too much leaf matter. Not even sure how to trim it... IMG_20210131_133558491.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. Looks good to me. I'd trim to shape and make it look good, it has plenty of frost and will likely smoke just fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Well, I can't tell if these plants are over or under watered. They're both droopy and were transplanted a week ago. I thought they were too wet, but now I'm not sure. The bottom leaves on the one got dry?

IMG_20210207_103500873_HDR.jpg IMG_20210207_103454907_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. That's odd when using blumats in fabric pots. I use 4 maxi sensors in a 30 gallon pot. I transplant a 1 gallon pot into my 30. It looks a little wet for a few days but springs right back and takes off. Does this happen every time you transplant, or just this once? Looks like not enough aeration to me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just this time??

• Like Like x 2
  11. How did your transplant go? Did you have a good root system?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I felt like it went well. I'll be patient and see if they bounce back. Just first time I had this.

• Like Like x 2
  13. As long as your sensor hasn't been bumped during transplant you should be fine just letting it grow into it's new environment.Good luck CrazyGardener.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Thank you. It freaks me out to see an unhealthy plant.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Chopped a Zkittles auto today. Red colors, super frosty, but smaller bud. Nice looking plant. It was root bound in a 1 gallon pot. I've got another a few weeks out in a 3 gallon and the buds are nice and plump. Every chop day is fun!
    IMG_20210209_120244973.jpg

☮️

• Like Like x 3
  16. I just popped 3 OG Platinum x skittles, from falcon, I’m hoping to get some fat buds.

• Like Like x 4
  17. My Zkittles auto is taking a long time to finish. Still a lot of white hairs? I think I'm day 80?

• Like Like x 2
  18. I had a pineapple express auto go 98 days. I know why too. I forgot I planted it on my deck and it suffered a bit in the first few weeks of life. Could yours have seen some hard times in the first few weeks? Oh, the smoke is great on my PE. It also finished with some white pistils.

• Like Like x 2
  19. She started on 12/12 in the corner of my tent, while a photo finished. That's probably it. Looks awesome, just slow...

I'll post a picture when I can upload photos again - technical difficulties.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1